You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

15 comments in this topic

Members
220 posts

So my next segment I'm doing for my website is actually doing blog-style interviews which will be posted directly to the website and shared via all socials. This will be on the website as long as its in existence. Which I paid for at least a full year ;) lol

I figured it would look similar to this,

NAME- 

Battles fought -

Clan -

Played since -

Favorite class - 

total number of ships collected -

Description of your best match or youtube link. 

Twitch/Twitter/Facebook social links will be posted if applicable

etc etc

I will build a more professional look of course but in the future when I get the ball rolling on this, I was thinking of also doing giveaways. I told you guys I'm not a bad dude. I heard your thoughts and I am meeting you here in the middle with my hand out. Let's work together. You want to reshape my thought process, then critique my play, provide true guidance as a leader and not a shamer, I will grow, you will get the cudos and we all win. WG gets happy members and tons of content and each member will get to share their opinions of course. Remember, I do this for free. When I post your links there's never a charge. So if you're a new streamer or even seasoned, it's worth the investment to ride my passion on this firstdayadmiral project. Everybody wins.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,461 posts

Is the WoWs NA forum now the FirstDayAdmiral's personal advertising platform?

I get that content creators and CCs sometimes use the forum to draw attention and I don't think there is anything wrong with that but.....the number of threads here from you on a given day is starting to get ridiculous.

We don't need a thread for every single video you post on youtube or every time you update whatever your website is for.

If all the other content creators did this, this place would be nothing but a flood of constant, look at my new stuff threads.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 2

Members
220 posts
21 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I get that content creators and CCs sometimes use the forum to draw attention and I don't think there is anything wrong with that but.....the number of threads here from you on a given day is starting to get ridiculous.

We don't need a thread for every single video you post on youtube or every time you update whatever your website is for.

If all the other content creators did this, this place would be nothing but a flood of constant, look at my new stuff threads.

Does it hurt you in any way? Every bit of material is WoWs related and is held here. The discussion is here. The critiques are here. Not to mention the only advertising I'm doing is for WG. I'm providing content and advertising their CC's for free. Not making a buck off anything and providing another stop for WoWs ads. I think we are good here. Lastly, nobody forces you to click any post or thread I make. Literally that simple.

Edited by FirstDayAdmiral

[A-D-F]
9,461 posts
11 minutes ago, FirstDayAdmiral said:

Does it hurt you in any way? Every bit of material is WoWs related and is held here. The discussion is here. The critiques are here. Not to mention the only advertising I'm doing is for WG.

I understand, but there are a LOT of content creators out there for wows, big, small and everywhere in between.  Imagine what this forum would turn into if all of them posted 4 threads a day about their new social media content or new video.  It would be literally nothing but.

You are always looking for feedback and you are asking for critiques.  I watch a LOT of youtube and twitch, based on that viewer experience, here is mine:

Slow down, take a breath.  Make good content and then let that content speak for itself.  Let the viewers decide. 

By the way, posting on here isn't advertising for WG.  It's their forum.  The people that are here, are already aware of the game and have plenty to read about it.  It's advertising, for you.

That's my opinion and feedback.

[SALVO]
Members
3,664 posts
7,530 battles
8 minutes ago, FirstDayAdmiral said:

Does it hurt you in any way?

You are pushing other peoples posts off of the front page with your spam,  so yes it does hurt other players.  

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 2

Members
220 posts
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

I understand, but there are a LOT of content creators out there for wows, big, small and everywhere in between.  Imagine what this forum would turn into if all of them posted 4 threads a day about their new social media content or new video.  It would be literally nothing but.

You are always looking for feedback and you are asking for critiques.  I was a LOT of youtube and twitch, based on that viewer experience, here is mine:

Slow down, take a breath.  Make good content and then let that content speak for itself.  Let the viewers decide. 

By the way, posting on here isn't advertising for WG.  It's their forum.  The people that are here, are already aware of the game and have plenty to read about it.  It's advertising, for you.

Thanks my opinion and feedback.

Here's my advice for you. Stop being so cranky. If you don't like what I do than move on. I have done projects like this for the better part of 10-15 years. Due to my experience is why I have come to the spotlight faster. You need to get used to seeing my name. You will see it on every social. I don't need to change anything about me or what I'm doing. You need to change whether you click my material or not. You and a few others think you can control what others think and do. Sorry, you're some random cranky stranger that I certainly don't need to be concerned with. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Members
220 posts
2 minutes ago, eviltane said:

You are pushing other peoples posts off of the front page with your spam,  so yes it does hurt other players.  

You both are literally my biggest complainers but my best advertising. And if WG saw what you posted on my YT we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. So I would move on.

• Meh 1

[A-D-F]
9,461 posts
1 minute ago, FirstDayAdmiral said:

Here's my advice for you. Stop being so cranky.

You don't want feedback, opinions or critiques.   That's not the real point of these threads you keep creating.

[A-D-F]
9,461 posts
4 minutes ago, FirstDayAdmiral said:

my best advertising

That, is the real point of these threads that you keep creating.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,244 battles

Folks,

If you don't like someone's content, then don't reply. There is no need to take things personal on either side of the fence.

Be civil or don't respond.

-Hapa

• Thanks 1

Members
220 posts
1 minute ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Folks,

If you don't like someone's content, then don't reply. There is no need to take things personal on either side of the fence.

Be civil or don't respond.

-Hapa

I do apologize. One complaint was valid that I will do better about. I will condense my daily updates so I'm not making 2-3 posts a day. 

Carrying on, I am still interested in constructive feedback for what I'm mentioning. I think it's a neat idea to give back to those that provide solid feedback. 

[OO7]
314 posts
10,243 battles
1 minute ago, FirstDayAdmiral said:

I do apologize. One complaint was valid that I will do better about. I will condense my daily updates so I'm not making 2-3 posts a day. 

Carrying on, I am still interested in constructive feedback for what I'm mentioning. I think it's a neat idea to give back to those that provide solid feedback. 

In general is that not something better suited for a platform like Twitter, daily updates wise?  That way people who want to see it can, and those who don't well, don't?

[-BCO-]
Members
2,937 posts
5,049 battles
3 minutes ago, FirstDayAdmiral said:

Critique is constructive feedback.They didn't tell you to stop.

22 minutes ago, FirstDayAdmiral said:

Due to my experience is why I have come to the spotlight faster.

This is quite hilarious. 

[CAAT]
Members
2,245 posts
5,171 battles
2 hours ago, Burnsy said:

I hate to admit it, but that was my thought too, haha!! It's a few too many separate threads from ONE person...Perhaps Twitter would be a better place to unload a high number of these posts?

• Cool 1