You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

KotS: First ship ban announced

55 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,479 posts
4,774 battles

From the KotS discord:

As you all may have noticed, teams were able to cast a vote for a ship to be globally banned from the tournament when signed up.
We've reached enough votes to be able to call a "winner".

To the surprise of absolutely no one and currently leading with more than 100 votes compared to the second place, the globally banned ship will be:

Spoiler

Starting on day 1, the ship will be banned for all regions.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,296 posts
13,851 battles

I am unshocked. I hope it gets banned the next t10 clan season

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,354 posts
30,977 battles

Banning is stupid limit it to one; its not even a special ship or premium so anyone can have it

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 5

[BUOY]
Members
1,430 posts
17,307 battles
3 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I am unshocked. I hope it gets banned the next t10 clan season

The only ship I hope is outright banned is the FDR, any other ship can be dealt with by restricting to one since that worked out pretty well for T9 CB after that tier's OP ships, Mush and GA got banned.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[WOLF7]
Members
1,022 posts
16 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

From the KotS discord:

As you all may have noticed, teams were able to cast a vote for a ship to be globally banned from the tournament when signed up.
We've reached enough votes to be able to call a "winner".

To the surprise of absolutely no one and currently leading with more than 100 votes compared to the second place, the globally banned ship will be:

Reveal hidden contents

Starting on day 1, the ship will be banned for all regions.

I thought the first ships that were banned from KotS were ALL aircraft carriers? Or do you mean first besides those?

Edited by HamAndCheez
  • Funny 2

Members
1,374 posts
7,142 battles
2 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

The only ship I hope is outright banned is the FDR, any other ship can be dealt with by restricting to one since that worked out pretty well for T9 CB after that tier's OP ships, Mush and GA got banned.

No CVs in KOTS (for now). 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,479 posts
4,774 battles
34 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Banning is stupid limit it to one; its not even a special ship or premium so anyone can have it

Global bans are different from match bans.  Global bans are always in effect, and there will probably be more.  There are usually global bans on low-availability ships. Austin may qualify under that rule yet received a surprising number of votes.

Match bans are (or have been) selected by the teams before a match.  Two ships each.  Teams seem to correlate them to enemy preferences and the upcoming map. (There are map bans too.)

I haven't read the new rules yet but this is how it worked in the past.  The vote for a globally banned ship is new.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,479 posts
4,774 battles

Oh this is interesting! 

Dear players!

Considering that there will be significant changes made to the commander skill system in patch 10.4, which is between the regional tournaments and the international tournament, the decision was made to use a separate server to accommodate for this change.

Internationals will not be played on patch 10.4, but on 10.3 on a different server.

That should eliminate any loading issues, too.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,953 posts

So much for diversity.

BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN. yeehaw...

I am not surprised. Poor petro. All dressed up and no playce to stick it in the game.

What players need as I once did is courage to stand up to a radar warship in game. So it does not matter if it had radar or not. Once it burned off you knew you had a cool down time to go do what you need to do.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Meh 2

[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,050 battles
24 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

What players need as I once did is courage to stand up to a radar warship in game. So it does not matter if it had radar or not. Once it burned off you knew you had a cool down time to go do what you need to do.

the radar is the least of the problems of petro... otherwise moskva would have been more reviled then petro, no petro is just stupidly tanky and punishing for every mistake...

• Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,938 posts
23,077 battles
30 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

So much for diversity.

I am not surprised. Poor petro. All dressed up and no playce to stick it in the game.

Spoken like someone who has clearly never watched, played, or understood either KOTS or Petro.

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,781 posts
22,421 battles
3 hours ago, HamAndCheez said:

I thought the first ships that were banned from KotS were ALL aircraft carriers? Or do you mean first besides those?

They got unbanned by using a brick of cash to remove the admin and take over kots. 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,479 posts
4,774 battles
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

They got unbanned by using a brick of cash to remove the admin and take over kots. 

WoWs doesn't want then in either.  It would destroy their new baby.  Never say never, but things will have to evolve a more before you see a CV in KotS. 

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,781 posts
22,421 battles

I've come to accept carriers, the game is heading in 10 directions at once and not one of them is good. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[O7]
Supertester
442 posts
13,838 battles
2 hours ago, xHeavy said:

So much for diversity.

The Petro ban is to increase diversity. It's not fun to watch if most teams spam the same meta ship. 

If you actually watched the last KotS, Petro was heavily used due to her absurd durability, allowing her to hold strategic positions for a very long time. Very annoying to fight against and was boring from a spectator's perspective. Radar was a minor problem in comparison. 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,479 posts
4,774 battles
5 hours ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

The Petro ban is to increase diversity. It's not fun to watch if most teams spam the same meta ship. 

If you actually watched the last KotS, Petro was heavily used due to her absurd durability, allowing her to hold strategic positions for a very long time. Very annoying to fight against and was boring from a spectator's perspective. Radar was a minor problem in comparison.

And please note, the ban is a COMPETITORS' VERDICT.  Yes, we spectators may think that 13 Petrotankers in a battle is absurd.  The clear-eyed contestants think so too.

Edited by iDuckman

[WORX]
Members
14,168 posts
20,676 battles

The first KOTS with new management and the first ruling of its new course for the tourny...

So far. I reserve comment till the new management product is evaluated fully by the spectators/consumers.

We're watching...

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,075 battles
12 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Oh this is interesting! 

Dear players!

Considering that there will be significant changes made to the commander skill system in patch 10.4, which is between the regional tournaments and the international tournament, the decision was made to use a separate server to accommodate for this change.

Internationals will not be played on patch 10.4, but on 10.3 on a different server.

That should eliminate any loading issues, too.

So.....Deadeye?? Lolz.....Also RIP FB for Dd's...

[YORHA]
Members
5,446 posts
10,645 battles

I haven't been this upset since WG banned all Dr Seuss books!

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,479 posts
4,774 battles

Oh yeah, still with the Dead Eye.  We will get to see it in its legitimate glory i.e. not an excuse for back camping.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,593 battles
10 hours ago, JCC45 said:

I haven't been this upset since WG banned all Dr Seuss books!

I will not fly planes in the sky,

I will not play ships with Deadeye.

I will not play against LittleWhiteMouse.

I will play Warships in a house.....

• Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,593 battles
5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Oh yeah, still with the Dead Eye.  We will get to see it in its legitimate glory i.e. not an excuse for back camping.

I'm thinking that Petro getting banned could be no big deal.

Petro doing what Petro does best is a lot less durable when you can place at least a couple shells out of every salvo in behind the front turrets.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,707 posts
7,103 battles

Makes sense to me, Petro is OP and overly selected.

[YORHA]
Members
5,446 posts
10,645 battles

You were warned.

mB3NCbk.png