You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
EasternSun

What is the best way to get Elite commander XP after Commander Rework

36 comments in this topic

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
436 posts
6,956 battles

Now that you need 1.2 million more XP to Elite a captain  what's the best way to get ECXP for your lower captains or for the extreme cost for retraining 200k to retrain 20point, 300k for 21.

I see that you get a pittance each battle now 5% but I used to use flags and get 30k using my premiums. Seems the old Grind or pay mechanic in full force. This doesn't seem like this rework was anything more than a cash grab.

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles

No different than before the rework? Full rank captain with signals, special signals, and camo on a high tier premium. Same with a captain you're leveling up.

Rework made it easier to get EXCP actually, the cap just also got raised so you have to do it more. I've just stacked signals on a couple ships and played the way I usually do. About at 21 on my first captain. Honestly don't see a big rush to reach 21, gives me more time to figure out how I want to spec them anyway.

• Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,354 posts
30,953 battles

Well the pittance used to be Zero, so you are getting something every game now. The best way IMO is make use of the Capt. being able to be multi class (again not a option before). Put that Capt. on the ship us use the most, then off Captain him/her on any premium of the other classes. If you have some tier 6s even better. You play you ship you like and grind away then off captain it on the scenarios. Soon you will have a 21 point Capt. Bank you exp and do the same with another line until you get another 21 point. The premium and special ships and off Capt trainer of you primary ships you like to play. That's my advice

Example my Nurnberg Capt. , is also DD specked so I can use the T-61 an its BB specked so I can use the P.E. Friedrich   and I can drop it into the Graf Spee as well. So I can run a scenario 4 time with the same Capt it will build quicker that way

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts

oh look you are back in with the unwashed masses who didn't have 19pt'ers to level all their low exp commanders

who also now earn a lot more ecxp than they ever could before, i have earned more ecxp since the rebork than I earned in all the battles played before it..

• Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
431 posts
15,980 battles

Another option if you have a lot of credits is to buy and dismiss 6pt captains for credits. This will get you about 9k XP for 1Mil credits and you can’t get from 19 to 21 for about 130M credits and a lot of clicking.

It’s an option for those of us with many hundreds of millions in credits and no place to spend them.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles

You need to narrow down what do you mean by "best". Is it faster, cheaper, optimal use of resources? Multiple ways to go about it, all with their own advantages.

[PTRGT]
Members
475 posts
60,716 battles

I worked up 1 19 point captain on as many of of my US Premium ships I have to get  to 21 points. I then used him to help get 1 German 19 pointer  to 21, then Jpn, Uk etc

I now have 1 21 point captain for each country that I play.

I finally now able to build up Elite XP so I can get my other 19 point Captains back up to 21. 

[GOB]
Members
2,929 posts

Like it has been already said.  I upped 2 of my 19s to 21s on day one.  Working them both with flags etc. I now have 7 @ 21

That said.. I really don't see all that much difference in skills.. Ships I was good with,  I am still good.. If I sucked before...well you know...........:Smile_Default:

I'm back up to over 3.3M ECXP but in no rush to do anything with it.

Members
7,122 posts
23,149 battles
43 minutes ago, SKurj said:

oh look you are back in with the unwashed masses who didn't have 19pt'ers to level all their low exp commanders

who also now earn a lot more ecxp than they ever could before, i have earned more ecxp since the rebork than I earned in all the battles played before it..

This statement is so ignorant and insulting you should be removed from this forum.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts
9 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

This statement is so ignorant and insulting you should be removed from this forum.

oh really, why not provide some justification?  not showered this week?  i get it with lockdown and all maybe you don't feel the need.

Members
7,122 posts
23,149 battles
8 minutes ago, SKurj said:

oh really, why not provide some justification?  not showered this week?  i get it with lockdown and all maybe you don't feel the need.

Showered this week? what is all that about? You get what with lockdown and don't feel the need for what? lets keep this in the realm of the cognizant.

As for earning more captains xp. I am happy you are earning more now than you ever did. 5% a game is awesome...... I went form earning 20k a game to 300 a game, and none of my ships are better.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
51 minutes ago, EasternSun said:

Now that you need 1.2 million more XP to Elite a captain  what's the best way to get ECXP for your lower captains or for the extreme cost for retraining 200k to retrain 20point, 300k for 21.

I see that you get a pittance each battle now 5% but I used to use flags and get 30k using my premiums. Seems the old Grind or pay mechanic in full force. This doesn't seem like this rework was anything more than a cash grab.

Simple: grind one to 21 points, then grind him for ECXP.

Simple, but not quick.

Grinding your first existing 19-pointer to 21 points will be nearly as tiresome as getting your first 19-pointer. (19 to 21 points is about 70% of the grind from 0 to 19)

Because of the frustrating and sometimes angering tedium of it all, pick one that you will have the most fun with - which one commands your best ship(s), which one can go into the most premium ships and ship types.

I had enough ECXP to insta-build four 21-pointers. Even at that, it took me approaching three months to grind enough to make another.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,478 posts
4,774 battles
1 hour ago, EasternSun said:

You can use FXP instead of ECXP if you're out. 

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander#Spending_Free_XP_on_Commanders

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,461 posts
19 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Showered this week? what is all that about? You get what with lockdown and don't feel the need for what? lets keep this in the realm of the cognizant.

As for earning more captains xp. I am happy you are earning more now than you ever did. 5% a game is awesome...... I went form earning 20k a game to 300 a game, and none of my ships are better.

I think you are fudging those numbers a bit there.  20K was certainly possible with some good camos and flags, and a good game, but I wasn't pulling 20K every game, in each of the 30 or whatever runs I make every day.

On the other side of the spectrum, I am pulling anywhere from 3K-8K per match/run, right now.  I have no idea what you are doing to only end up with 300 captain xp out a match.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

I think you are fudging those numbers a bit there.  20K was certainly possible with some good camos and flags, and a good game, but I wasn't pulling 20K every game, in each of the 30 or whatever runs I make every day.

On the other side of the spectrum, I am pulling anywhere from 3K-8K per match/run, right now.  I have no idea what you are doing to only end up with 300 captain xp out a match.

he is complaining that he now can't earn full exp for a completely different commander any more..   

its a gravy train that wg should have never have put in place to begin with...

9,461 posts
7 minutes ago, SKurj said:

he is complaining that he now can't earn full exp for a completely different commander any more..   

Yet, you can just the same as you could before, you just need one maxed out captain.

I started out after the captain rework went live with 2, 21 point commanders from xp I had saved up.  I currently have 3, 21 point commanders and 3 million elite captain xp in the bank.  I havn't commited on which ones to spent it on yet, but between that and a few of my 19s that are now 20s and somwhere along the line to 21, that's enough to turn probably another 3 of them into 21s whenever I want.  Bringing my total to 6 21 point captains.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Yet, you can just the same as you could before, you just need one maxed out captain.

I started out after the captain rework went live with 2, 21 point commanders from xp I had saved up.  I currently have 3, 21 point commanders and 3 million elite captain xp in the bank.  I havn't commited on which ones to spent it on yet, but between that and a few of my 19s that are now 20s and somwhere along the line to 21, that's end to turn probably another 3 of them into 21s whenever I want.  Bringing my total to 6 21 point captains.

when you have enough xp sure you can, guessing he doesn't atm, so has to join the majority of the player base 

9,461 posts
2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

when you have enough xp sure you can, guessing he doesn't atm, so has to join the majority of the player base 

Right.  It was a bit of a reset and they moved the goal posts, but they didn't change the rules of the game. 

Just like before, it's a snow ball rolling down a hill.  As you get more, they create more, faster and faster.

Members
7,122 posts
23,149 battles
28 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

There are multiple things in play here. when you have captains maxed you are more willing to use those special flags and camos on maxed captains because they strengthen your entire account. which is how and why I had north of 80 nineteen point captains. now i sit on them as I have them by the hundreds by paying for them because they aren't worth using anymore as i am not going to waste them on a 19 point Surrey captain I may play twice this year. As i move to the idiot below your post, I'll address how infinitely stupid he is.

24 minutes ago, SKurj said:

"A gravy train that Wargaming should never put in place to begin with".. Do you know the amount of time and money it took to obtain over 80 nineteen point Captains? the fact players are making more elite XP by receiving 5% per game rather than actually obtaining a 19 point capt is so mind blogging, I can't understand.

These players should be self learning

9,461 posts
10 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

There are multiple things in play here. when you have captains maxed you are more willing to use those special flags and camos on maxed captains because they strengthen your entire account. which is how and why I had north of 80 nineteen point captains. now i sit on them as I have them by the hundreds by paying for them because they aren't worth using anymore as i am not going to waste them on a 19 point Surrey captain I may play twice this year. As i move to the idiot below your post, I'll address how infinitely stupid he is.

"A gravy train that Wargaming should never put in place to begin with".. Do you know the amount of time and money it took to obtain over 80 nineteen point Captains? the fact you are making more elitexp by receiving 5% per game rather than actually obtaining a 19 point capt is so insulting I can't understand how this forum allows you to post and still hide your stats.

This guy should be removed from the game.  @Hapa_Fodder

You are simply choosing not to advance your account. 

I am not saying that you have to agree with the changes, everyone can share their opinion.  I am saying that there is a big difference between "don't want to" and "can't".

• Meh 1

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
1 hour ago, EasternSun said:

Short story: if you have a 21 pointer.

Members
7,122 posts
23,149 battles
8 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

You are simply choosing not to advance your account. 

I am not saying that you have to agree with the changes, everyone can share their opinion.  I am saying that there is a big difference between "don't want to" and "can't".

I am advancing my account. Every game I play is advancing my account. The point is, to advance my account it's exponentially harder than it was before...... 1.2million per captain to get what I had.

But that isn't the real issue. The real issue is there is no benefit per ship to do so. Not one player anywhere says my 21 point captain does more than my 19 point captain, now vs then.

Right? It's the same game. just no elite xp. 

9,461 posts
7 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

I am advancing my account. Every game I play is advancing my account. The point is, to advance my account it's exponentially harder than it was before...... 1.2million per captain to get what I had.

But that isn't the real issue. The real issue is there is no benefit per ship to do so. Not one player anywhere says my 21 point captain does more than my 19 point captain, now vs then.

Right? It's the same game. just no elite xp. 

I imagine that in another X years, they will bump the max points per captain higher again.  Most progression based online games tend to keep moving the goal posts between a fresh player and "end game".  That or they do cyclic player resets, completely. It's how they survive and keep interest alive.

At any rate.  I think the average match, nets the average player, a good bit more than 300 captain xp.

[RVNHQ]
Members
460 posts
12,575 battles

There is no easy way to get 21pt commanders other than just grinding. Although I find it's easier if you focus on one or two nations.

So far I have nine 21pt commanders and once I finish grinding my unique commanders I will focus on my German animu commanders. I figure if I keep the number of 21pt commanders below 15-20 I will be one step ahead of WG whenever they decide to fill another Olympic swimming pool full of money.

[BUOY]
Members
1,427 posts
17,273 battles
2 hours ago, EasternSun said:

1. If you have piles of credits lying around, you can buy and dismiss 6 pointers for ECXP, as said it takes around 130 million credits to go from 19 to 21.

2. Otherwise, the old method of grinding a captain to 21 points and then using that captain to snowball is still the way to go otherwise, premiums are much more viable now that you can spec for each class.

3. If you've specced a BB captain regretfully and have enough points, take deadeye and you'll get his BB skills reset for free when 10.4 rolls out a month from now, otherwise you'll have to wait till the autumn reset. 

======

It's a real shame that all the GUI and QOL improvements done with the captain rework are so soured by the 1.2 million cow patty in the punchbowl.