Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Unable to download update error ( working now )

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,563
[GOB]
Members
2,923 posts

My connection is fine as you can see. DL speed here over  477 Mbps.    GC keeps saying to check my internet connection because it cannot download updates.  Anyone else seeing this issue?

I have it set to always get updates early so it's strange that it is only trying to DL it now.

Well now I see my png didn't post here and my sig is missing a graphic so there might be an issue on WGs side.  Ill wait it out I guess.  

UPDATE.

Now error says UPDATING THE GAME IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE FOR YOUR ACCOUNT.

@Hapa_Fodder   Anything you can tell me?

UPDATE     All fixed on my end... how's everyone else doing now?

TESTER1123221.png

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
25 posts
1,495 battles

I am having similar issue. Froze install at 14%. Then restarted computer, was able to get to 71% and froze there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,563
[GOB]
Members
2,923 posts
1 minute ago, Jokercm said:

I am having similar issue. Froze install at 14%. Then restarted computer, was able to get to 71% and froze there.

Thankx!  Still nothing here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
25 posts
1,495 battles

Have a funny feeling that when if does finish, the game will bug out and have to reinstall. Said was only a 32MB update. But has been almost an hour and still only at 81%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,349
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts

mine ran smooth, started at 9:21 finished at 9:29 am.. i didn't even notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,563
[GOB]
Members
2,923 posts
3 minutes ago, SKurj said:

mine ran smooth, started at 9:21 finished at 9:29 am.. i didn't even notice.

Still nothing here. The forum images( just the Badges )  and the update download still don't work. All other apps , sites and connections are just fine.  Updated 3 other games and apps while waiting.  Tried 3 machines and 2 browsers so it's all good on my end. Usually I wakeup and it's done.. never had a problem before.

Edited by Col_Nasty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,161
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,497 posts
2 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Still nothing here. The forum images( just the Badges )  and the update download still don't work. All other apps , sites and connections are just fine.  Updated 3 other games and apps while waiting.  Tried 3 machines and 2 browsers so it's all good on my end.

My update went OK. Have you tried doing a file repair on the game? The repair procedure should re-download any missing files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,170
[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,390 battles

Mine downloaded successfully in the dark hours of the morning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,563
[GOB]
Members
2,923 posts
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

My update went OK. Have you tried doing a file repair on the game? The repair procedure should re-download any missing files.

Didn't try that .. since the forum was acting up I figured it was all on that side.  Doing that now.

@Snargfargle Tried it and it goes looking for updates and same error ocurs.

Edited by Col_Nasty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,336
Members
2,197 posts
29,338 battles
15 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

game website is mess up too. 

I can't get news to load on the main site. Please excuse the next sentiment, but I'm glad others are having similar issues, as it takes it out of the realm of my equipment/connection.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,563
[GOB]
Members
2,923 posts
2 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I can't get news to load on the main site. Please excuse the next sentiment, but I'm glad others are having similar issues, as it takes it out of the realm of my equipment/connection.

No worries at all.

That's the point of these posts ... after doing all your own troubleshooting you can come here to see that it isn't just you.

Saves hours of troubleshooting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,161
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,497 posts
21 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Didn't try that .. since the forum was acting up I figured it was all on that side.  Doing that now.

@Snargfargle Tried it and it goes looking for updates and same error ocurs.

I wonder if high local internet traffic to some large population areas is slowing the process. Out here in the "sticks" I had no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,563
[GOB]
Members
2,923 posts
Just now, Snargfargle said:

I wonder if high local internet traffic to some large population areas is slowing the process. Out here in the "sticks" I had no problem.

Nah.. it's early morning here ( was ) and My connection is top notch. 17 ms pings and over 477Mbps DLs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,563
[GOB]
Members
2,923 posts
Just now, theLaalaa said:

Let's all go to @Snargfargle's place and get our downloads from him.

He have good Coffee?? 

I'm in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,161
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,497 posts
Just now, Col_Nasty said:

Nah.. it's early morning here ( was ) and My connection is top notch. 17 ms pings and over 477Mbps DLs.

 

However, it may be that a lot of people are trying to access the WOWS server from your area. Have you tried a trace route to see if any node times out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,170
[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,390 battles
7 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I can't get news to load on the main site. Please excuse the next sentiment, but I'm glad others are having similar issues, as it takes it out of the realm of my equipment/connection.

I  just checked the news site and it's hung.  I tried it a few hours ago and it was fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,563
[GOB]
Members
2,923 posts
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

However, it may be that a lot of people are trying to access the WOWS server from your area. Have you tried a trace route to see if any node times out.

I'm sure WG  isn't that popular here, besides it's the site as well AND the GC news feed.  

Pretty sure the networks are not backed up with people reading the news and trying to play the game.

Since people from all over are having the same issue I'm sure it's not local

It's just 9am on a workday... no gaming site is that busy.

Also that doesn't explain the strange error messages either ( posted them on the original post. ) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,369
[BEA5T]
Members
5,413 posts
25,197 battles
3 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I'm sure WG  isn't that popular here, besides it's the site as well AND the GC news feed.  

Pretty sure the networks are not backed up with people reading the news and trying to play the game.

Since people from all over are having the same issue I'm sure it's not local

It's just 9am on a workday... no gaming site is that busy.

Also that doesn't explain the strange error messages either ( posted them on the original post. )

There was a "blip" several minutes ago that stalled the game itself and the news wasn't available.....  Must be a server issues they are playing with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
7 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I'm sure WG  isn't that popular here, besides it's the site as well AND the GC news feed.  

Pretty sure the networks are not backed up with people reading the news and trying to play the game.

Since people from all over are having the same issue I'm sure it's not local

It's just 9am on a workday... no gaming site is that busy.

Also that doesn't explain the strange error messages either ( posted them on the original post. ) 

 

Try performing a "check and repair" of the client.

image.png

If that doesn't work, "whitelist" the WG launcher on your firewall/router.

And if problems persist, create a "WGcheck report" on the "?" list of options and forward that over to the Support Team.

#anchorsaweigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,563
[GOB]
Members
2,923 posts
1 minute ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Try performing a "check and repair" of the client.

image.png

If that doesn't work, "whitelist" the WG launcher on your firewall/router.

And if problems persist, create a "WGcheck report" on the "?" list of options and forward that over to the Support Team.

#anchorsaweigh

Thnx for the reply..

WG check ... same error.  Always been whitelisted ( has to be i'm behind a serious firewall )  Will forward to team.

WAIT!!

As I typed this I see it's doing a 32 MB download right now!

Will keep you posted!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
1 minute ago, Col_Nasty said:

Thnx for the reply..

WG check ... same error.  Always been whitelisted ( has to be i'm behind a serious firewall )  Will forward to team.

WAIT!!

As I typed this I see it's doing a 32 MB download right now!

Will keep you posted!

Thanks for the update, I'll touch base with the Support team to see if other players are having similar symptoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,563
[GOB]
Members
2,923 posts
8 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Thanks for the update, I'll touch base with the Support team to see if other players are having similar symptoms.

So you  know the website is working again as well.  That " Twitch " someone mentioned in the game a bit ago may have been them resetting something that solved both issues.  Thanks again.

FYI update is completed and game is running. 

Well I made it to the logging in screen but that's it. I'm sure the rest will come soon.  I know how resets go.

It took 5 minutes as usual once it began.

 

Edited by Col_Nasty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×