Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FlakValleyExpress

They are advancing in technology in CIS

6 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
2 posts

After the George Patton thread on his system, I happened to see one of the WoWP CIS players posting a poll in regards to what display they are using. I was surprise to see that one player has a 2k system in playing WoWP.

Source:

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.ru/index.php?/topic/105225-с-каким-разрешением-вы-играете/

Interesting results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,194
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,544 posts
1 hour ago, FlakValleyExpress said:

After the George Patton thread on his system, I happened to see one of the WoWP CIS players posting a poll in regards to what display they are using. I was surprise to see that one player has a 2k system in playing WoWP.

Source:

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.ru/index.php?/topic/105225-с-каким-разрешением-вы-играете/

Interesting results.

Thankfully, numbers are numbers everywhere, as are computer specs, so you don't even have to read Russian to understand this. It's not surprising though that 1920 x 1080 remains the most prevalent screen resolution used for gaming, especially since laptop sales now far outnumber desktop PC sales. There are not a whole lot of respondents to the poll though so the sample may not be entirely representative of the playerbase.

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36,369
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,092 posts
22,396 battles
21 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

It's not surprising though that 1920 x 1080 remains the most prevalent screen resolution used for gaming

TBF 1080p sits right at the sweet spot of cost, size and detail. Decent 1080p panels are affordable and choice is plentiful, you don't have to dedicate your entire desk to screen realestate to fit one and it approaches so-called 'retina' density ('thanks' Apple, I still don't like that term) at manageable viewing distances, depending on screen size.

<Edit> In fact, if going to the theater had been a realistic option instead of all this staying-at-home-Corona nonsense, I likely wouldn't have bought my 32" 1440p panel and still be working with 2x 23" 1080p ones.

Edited by Lert
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,194
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,544 posts
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

TBF 1080p sits right at the sweet spot of cost, size and detail.

With a 24-inch monitor at desktop distances you can see most of the screen without turning your head too. While huge gaming screens and high resolutions can be a fun experience for some people, for others having to move one's head around all the time is distracting.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36,369
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,092 posts
22,396 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

With a 24-inch monitor at desktop distances you can see most of the screen without turning your head too.

Can confirm. 32" at 3 ft is almost too big for proper situational awareness.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,411
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,479 posts
4,774 battles

I modeled a 27" on my desk for the last purchase and decided it was too big for how close I usually am and also for desktop real estate.  Very happy with my 24" 1920x1200 resolution.  The extra vertical rez helps make small details, e.g. text, nice and sharp.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×