You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

German Destroyers: Early Access

23 comments in this topic

[TMAAG]
Members
95 posts
22,227 battles

What happens to the old destroyers? Do they fade away into unusable obscurity?

• Sad 1

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,444 posts

Here we go again with the early access cash grab . Guys just introduce the line nad be done with it. Make missions to earn their camoflaouges and may e even a ship for doing them ...like the T 10 at the end of the mission block upon release. Smh WG smh.

• Cool 6

Members
2,187 posts
29,308 battles
1 hour ago, Versili said:

Here we go again with the early access cash grab . Guys just introduce the line nad be done with it. Make missions to earn their camoflaouges and may e even a ship for doing them ...like the T 10 at the end of the mission block upon release. Smh WG smh.

It's called economics, where a supplier offers something at a price a consumer might pay. WG is a company with employees that must meet life expenses. It is somewhere between silly and fatiguing to hear the rants of those thinking a company is immoral for offering products for cash. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[CRF]
Members
1,075 posts
9,380 battles
38 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

It's called economics, where a supplier offers something at a price a consumer might pay. WG is a company with employees that must meet life expenses. It is somewhere between silly and fatiguing to hear the rants of those thinking a company is immoral for offering products for cash. 

Have to agree with you there, but maybe if enough people gripe, the powers that be might listen and cut back on some of the obvious cash grabs.  However, there will always be the whales to support these events - more power to them, as it's how they choose to spend their money.

Personally, I am not going to spend my hard earned doubloons on the Dockyard event, nor buy any of the random bundles unless the very first is worth it.  As for the grinds, I will stick to my 3 or 4 games in co-op a night and see where it gets me.  No longer interested in grinding towards these digital awards - I've got other things to do IRL. 

Edited by sonoasailor
  • Cool 2

Members
486 posts
42 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

We don't need to worry about WG.  The creator and CEO of Wargaming Viktar Kisly had a net worth of more than $1 billion back in 2016. It's likely around $1.4 B by now. I doubt that meeting expenses is an issue. 

Edited by CAPT_CORNHOLIO

[WOLFG]
Members
13,263 posts
12,507 battles
22 minutes ago, CAPT_CORNHOLIO said:

We don't need to worry about WG.  The creator and CEO of Wargaming Viktar Kisly had a net worth of more than $1 billion back in 2016. It's likely around $1.4 B by now. I doubt that meeting expenses is an issue. 

True, but in business, you typically dance with the horse that brought you.

Members
2,187 posts
29,308 battles
1 hour ago, sonoasailor said:

Personally, I am not going to spend my hard earned doubloons on the Dockyard event, nor buy any of the random bundles unless the very first is worth it.  As for the grinds, I will stick to my 3 or 4 games in co-op a night and see where it gets me.  No longer interested in grinding towards these digital awards - I've got other things to do IRL. 

I spent doubloons on the Hizen because it was a tier 9 premium. I do not buy doubloons (as my sig indicates), but picked them up through play over the years, thus they are a precious commodity to me. I won't spend on this tier 9 dockyard because it is a DD, and I am just a little worse than horrible in DDs, and only ever play them in co-op when a quest calls for it.

• Cool 1

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,444 posts
5 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

Come on even you can see it. I understand what you mean about the company making money.Buy that's where they fall short and can't see past the next dollar scheme . Instead of making better and more content to have the player base engaged . Bring us more and I'll pay the time, I'll buy the ships and play the game . But really common, line ships for cash ...

Also it's not a rant it's a fact.

Can't win for losing. 

:cap_tea:

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,773 posts
22,265 battles

All the new ship lines have been really underwhelming if not outright bad.

• Thanks 1

Beta Testers
1 post
11,272 battles

I don't agree with their decision to remove the hydroacoustic search consumable during testing. They claimed that this line didn't need hydroacoustic search because they weren't well suited for contesting caps, but then they claim that they were envisioned as light cruiser hunters, and a fair number of that class of ship employ smoke. So really hydroacoustic would make them more effective at that role. If these things are just gonna sit in smoke and launch slow; long-range torpedoes and employ their terrible gun DPM to little or no effect then we would just be better off playing a British light cruiser or some other smoke cruiser that does this except much better. In fact, the most recent changelog for these ships showed that HE damage and fire chance were nerfed on several ships on this line making them even worse at starting fires and farming damage from smoke. The only advantage these DD's have over light cruisers is their lack of a citadel and lower spot range but that counts for very little. The best part about playing german destroyers is their long-range hydro consumable and it gives them a special flavor that makes them unique compared to other (tech tree) destroyers. In most other categories they are outclassed by their contemporaries but their long-range hydro can be a potent tool. It would be a very risky play to try and close with a light cruiser's smoke and hunt them but it would be FUN with a lot of potential for big playmaking. Now it just feels like these ships have been relegated to backline support (sub-optimal support) and it's very disappointing. These things handle like a battleship, are the size of a cruiser, have the gun DPM of same class ships several tiers BELOW them, and their torpedoes are little better than sea mines for how fast they are. The very least wargaming can do is to return hydro to these ships so they can take their rightful place among every other gunboat in the german tech tree, battleships included. I won't pretend that many players may use the hydro consumable to safeguard themselves while they sit comfortably in smoke but that is the beauty of having the consumable, it gives players a choice about how they want to play this ship and it opens up new options. Perhaps these ships will actually prove to be strong and hydro might have tipped the scales towards overpowered. But everything I've seen of this branch makes me feel that is very very unlikely. What's more likely is these ships will have very little appeal and even less practical application. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[F4E-2]
Members
207 posts
12,994 battles
19 hours ago, CAPT_CORNHOLIO said:

Ya know what? Good For Him!

[BINGO]
Members
3 posts
4,850 battles

really see no point in this split line..no hydro..slow [edited]torps..what does it have over the originals? Nothing i'll stick to the originals and  have more time on my hands

• Cool 1

[MR-1]
Members
2,063 posts
23,789 battles

is the full tech tree going to be avaliable  before the 62 days are up on the missions  or are we being forced to buy random bundles to win the T9 Fschultz just to do the second part 

shot-21.04.14_19.21.07-0362.jpg

Members
8 posts
31,058 battles

Yeah, in order to proceed with the second set of missions, you either have to spend doubloons and hope to get the tier ix dd or finish the dockyard. Thanks alot WG.302276421_WorldofWarships4_17_20211_03_28PM_LI.thumb.jpg.7f2e6018e0b0827e1eda25304a017cf4.jpg

• Cool 1

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
120 posts
12,823 battles

Well so called change in Early Access and how it works is a total  :cap_horn:!  Who ever did the changes from the last 2 to this whole on money grab should be fired :cap_rambo: 

• Cool 1

Members
2 posts
2,286 battles

I am new to this game and at this point I am not really happy on how you have the missions and quests setup. I have done the german destroyer 1 missions up to the last group and it says I need 1250 tokens to get the z-31 german destroyer. I have 750 tokens left and no way to get anymore from the missions. It says I am short 500 more tokens....but you state that I should have had enough from the missions that I completed to get the ship. This is not correct at all. I have 750 tokens left and no way to get the last 500. Whats up with that???? Not happy

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,486 posts
17,960 battles
23 minutes ago, Rockkman2021 said:

I have 750 tokens left and no way to get the last 500. Whats up with that???? Not happy

new mission to obtain German dd token will be reset tonight ... so just wait until then to see what next .....

WG normal set up the mission for players to continue to play to get what they want - NOW

And since this is Early Access event -- IF YOU DONT GET IT NOW, wait until the line release as tech tree ship and grind from there.

• Cool 1

Members
2 posts
2,286 battles
30 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

new mission to obtain German dd token will be reset tonight ... so just wait until then to see what next .....

WG normal set up the mission for players to continue to play to get what they want - NOW

And since this is Early Access event -- IF YOU DONT GET IT NOW, wait until the line release as tech tree ship and grind from there.

Thank you very much for the information. Being new to the game I was unsure what was going on...

[G-O-W]
[G-O-W]
Members
16 posts
14,018 battles

There is no way to get early access without spending real money so thanks for the misleading false advertising  notWOW.  That is why I can not spend any real money on this game anymore!  The fact that there are so many things to do in this game that are advertised as free but that are not actually free is really unethical.  Greed rules this game now and that is never fun :(

[VAST_]
Members
277 posts
6,934 battles

How does this work? I have ZF-6, I have done the German Destroyers 1 missions... what is next? WG you really aren't making this clear at all.

Edit: OK we have to complete a collection. I have never paid much attention to those before. Still it should have been made clearer that the "special mission" is only obtainable this way.

Edited by CapnCazuul