Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MBRicochet

Audacious feels horrible

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

94
[ENDO]
Members
233 posts
5,844 battles

Easily the worst t10 CV. It used to be God mode for hunting DDs, the rockets even fully "tightened" can barely land more then 3k. It's pathetic. I haven't used this thing in months. Used to like it. Bahh. Total garbage compared to everything else. Anyone looking for a t10 cv, don't bother with this one. Its simply not competitive.

  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,352
[RBMK]
Beta Testers
3,805 posts
14,748 battles

So you only wanted an OP cv to crush the DD players, and play in god mode, I guess it makes sense wg might change it, did you pay cash for it?

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,264
[SIM]
Members
5,886 posts
9,315 battles

Audacious is horrible, it's not just a feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,310
[-BUI-]
Members
2,704 posts
7,061 battles

The entire British CV line is trash, only Ark Royal, when top tier, is any good.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,114
[RLGN]
Members
16,585 posts
28,949 battles
5 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

So you only wanted an OP cv to crush the DD players, and play in god mode, I guess it makes sense wg might change it, did you pay cash for it?

No, but it would be nice if Audacious wasn’t such a useless fat pig it’s speed dropped by nearly 50%, seemingly anytime it even considers a turn.

4 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

The entire British CV line is trash, only Ark Royal, when top tier, is any good.

Wouldn’t say that; Furious’ worst fault is it’s ugly as can be; Implacable seems decent enough, at least it looks like a proper carrier. I’d rather play it than Audacious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,780
[CLUMP]
Members
2,049 posts
2,424 battles

That's because it is I try going Brit CV line but gave up at tier 4:Smile_hiding: Rather played German CV instead I won't but they would be preferable :Smile_child:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,310
[-BUI-]
Members
2,704 posts
7,061 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

No, but it would be nice if Audacious wasn’t such a useless fat pig it’s speed dropped by nearly 50%, seemingly anytime it even considers a turn.

Wouldn’t say that; Furious’ worst fault is it’s ugly as can be; Implacable seems decent enough, at least it looks like a proper carrier. I’d rather play it than Audacious.

Furious is OK I suppose, but Implacable might be the worst of the group.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,358
[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,494 posts
7,115 battles

I found this out playing the boat, if you spend time hunting DDs in it you won't have a good time.

That boat is purely made for farming cruisers and battleships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,481
[BONKS]
Members
3,079 posts
52 battles

Welcome to what a "balanced" reworked CV looks like.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
787
[NUWES]
Members
3,481 posts
13,149 battles

It isn't garbage, but it is definitely the weakest T10 by a good bit. The UK CV line as a whole is serviceable, but none other than Ark Royal are really good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
220
[B_Y_F]
Members
711 posts
16,293 battles

British CVs rely mostly on dot damage to be efficient. In the current long range sniping META especially in T10, these kind of opportunities is pretty rare and that's why they feels weak. 

Personally I like implacable a lot especially when no T10 in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,006
[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

Furious is OK I suppose, but Implacable might be the worst of the group.   

I like to call it "HMS Incapable"....:Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
787
[NUWES]
Members
3,481 posts
13,149 battles
1 hour ago, sapient007 said:

British CVs rely mostly on dot damage to be efficient. In the current long range sniping META especially in T10, these kind of opportunities is pretty rare and that's why they feels weak. 

Personally I like implacable a lot especially when no T10 in the game. 

Adding to what you said, a lot of it is the level bombers have such low penetration on their bomblets that they have trouble generating direct damage on high tier BBs, and some high tier CAs and CVs due to the armor on the deck. They can theoretically do good damage on DDs and CLs which have less deck armor, but those ships are so small you don't get enough actual hits to do a lot of damage. Thus they tend to be relegated to starting fires. They are good at starting fires, but that's about it. In practice, the USN CVs are almost as good at starting fires (minus Enterprise) but their bombs do a lot more direct damage and are more accurate to boot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,481
[BONKS]
Members
3,079 posts
52 battles
1 hour ago, sapient007 said:

British CVs rely mostly on dot damage to be efficient. In the current long range sniping META especially in T10, these kind of opportunities is pretty rare and that's why they feels weak.

Well, that and USN CVs are arguably superior at setting DoT while also having much more alpha to boot, thereby pretty much rendering the entire RN CV line redundant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
787
[NUWES]
Members
3,481 posts
13,149 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Well, that and USN CVs are arguably superior at setting DoT while also having much more alpha to boot, thereby pretty much rendering the entire RN CV line redundant.

Exactly. The UK CVs are ok, but in practice the USN does the same thing but better almost across the board. The only place the RN CVs are better is in the area of torpedoes, but truthfully they aren't enough better to warrant using them unless you are just a fan of the RN CVs for some reason. Ark Royal is the only one that is a standout and that is mainly because her torpedo attack is quite powerful for her tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
361
[Y0L0W]
Members
519 posts
10,148 battles
3 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Exactly. The UK CVs are ok, but in practice the USN does the same thing but better almost across the board. The only place the RN CVs are better is in the area of torpedoes, but truthfully they aren't enough better to warrant using them unless you are just a fan of the RN CVs for some reason. Ark Royal is the only one that is a standout and that is mainly because her torpedo attack is quite powerful for her tier.

USN torps are still better than UK torps in every respect except for the reticle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,310
[-BUI-]
Members
2,704 posts
7,061 battles

I like how "awful" is the same thing as "balanced" to some people.   If all the CV lines were as bad as the RN CV line, nobody would play the class at all, as it would be totally incapable of doing anything to warrant using it over literally anything else, when you can get better damage from a T6 DD torpedo boat's guns sitting in short duration smokes than a CV is capable of doing over a full game, thats a problem.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
94
[ENDO]
Members
233 posts
5,844 battles

Midway does everything she can but much better. 

Haks attack planes are much better for DD hunting. Plus superior torps and AP bombs alpha. 

I can't find any role for Audacious in the lineup. She brings nothing to the table. Its not even a question of style. Midway is just better at everything. Hak is a little different but much stronger feeling. MVR is another animal entirely. Same with FDR.

Audacious sad boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,481
[BONKS]
Members
3,079 posts
52 battles
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

I like how "awful" is the same thing as "balanced" to some people.   If all the CV lines were as bad as the RN CV line, nobody would play the class at all, as it would be totally incapable of doing anything to warrant using it over literally anything else, when you can get better damage from a T6 DD torpedo boat's guns sitting in short duration smokes than a CV is capable of doing over a full game, thats a problem.

Audacious is still better than quite a lot of surface ships at winning matches by virtue of being a CV. That she is awful is only because other CVs outclass her.

If you cannot outdamage a T6 torp DD firing from smoke in any CV you should probably stop playing CVs.

Edited by El2aZeR
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
519 posts
931 battles
6 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

I like how "awful" is the same thing as "balanced" to some people.   If all the CV lines were as bad as the RN CV line, nobody would play the class at all, as it would be totally incapable of doing anything to warrant using it over literally anything else, when you can get better damage from a T6 DD torpedo boat's guns sitting in short duration smokes than a CV is capable of doing over a full game, thats a problem.

Yup. RN CV's are truly awful and unplayable. If you're a potato maybe.

 

image.thumb.png.2cb969c51a0228af30fc383e59058540.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
662 posts
17,964 battles
10 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

I found this out playing the boat, if you spend time hunting DDs in it you won't have a good time.

That boat is purely made for farming cruisers and battleships. 

^^^^^
 

IME it (and the entire line) are DoT machines. USN DBs set fires well, but the RN carpet bombers are more likely to set fires in multiple locations. They also handle enemy evasion better - USN DBs tend to miss broadside targets.

Also, the planes are tough. 15% more HP than USN. 50% more than IJN. 66% more than KM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,481
[BONKS]
Members
3,079 posts
52 battles
1 hour ago, Telastyn said:

They also handle enemy evasion better - USN DBs tend to miss broadside targets.

Then just don't let the target broadside.

YqOHa1s.gif

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(While USN DB turning attacks are not easy to learn nor to master by any means, it does make RN carpet bombers perform much worse against enemy attempts to evade since there is essentially no evasion against USN DBs.)

Edited by El2aZeR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×