Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

Saving That Star One Yueyang Ranked Game At a Time and Shushing The Naysayers In Ranked Chat! How Sweet It Is...or Isn't Cause We Lost :(

4 comments in this topic

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

Well we got steamrolled but my Yueyang(the worst DD in ranked) held it's own again. Smacking ships left and right with the torps that no one can ever see. Lighting up fools with the radar and hushing up people that complain about me bringing in a Yueyang. Yeah you run into that a lot in Ranked, always someone saying I brought a ship that sucks and now we are doomed. How come I save my star every single game? If said ship was that bad, wouldn't it infer that I would: A, die quickly or B, not be effective at damage dealing? Or maybe, it's the team that runs around not helping at all. I'm asking them to get ready, I'm about to light up the DD with radar but they'd rather shoot the BB's instead. Even my fellow DD thinks he's better just shooting at the big BB and trying to set fires. I'm like come on, just once I want a team that is willing to work together. 

Anyway, to not "name shame" I cut out this naysayer's Clan tag and half his name, even though he decided to put me down at the beginning of the game. I think that's what irks me the most is that you really don't know what the captain behind that ship is capable of. I wish I'd of had just one person that would of help focus my targets I was calling out and I think we would of had a good chance. Not much I could do as everyone literally went off to do their own thing but I tried to do as much damage as I could and protect the cap. I held it down for as long as I could but in the end we lost badly. 

Yue130kranked.jpg

Yue.jpg

Yue130kranked1.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[BUOY]
Members
1,427 posts
17,273 battles

Any DD's worth respecting at the start of a match, Yueyang especially since she's the only option for radar now with Smaland gone and if you're coming in top of the team that means you did your job rather than play sav-a-star hero like the rest of your team decided to do...

Edited by lloyd1701

[--K--]
Members
5,428 posts
18,779 battles

Back when the Pensacola was a T7 ship, I watched a player take that floating citadel and clean up in T7 Rank. While I watched other players in "Strong Meta" ships struggle to have any meaningful impact in the matches they played. Yes there are bad ships in this game but they are outnumbered by the bad players. A good player can make a subpar ship shine and a poor player will turn an OP banned ship into a sinking wreck of junk. 

Also I used the YY to great effect to reach Rank 1 back in the old Rank Format. So don't argue with the haters just bury them at the bottom of the score board. :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
767 posts
16,596 battles

You might want to re-edit, that player wasn't hard to find.  Playing in Bronze league where most of the current players struggle to maintain a 45% win rate and have no idea how to win a game is not a good test for how good a particular ship is. 

Sign in to follow this