You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Maddau

Time to Keep Your Word, Wargaming!

23 comments in this topic

[CS7]
Members
327 posts
5,784 battles

WG: Keep your word and don't be penny wise and pound foolish.  A change that effects the captain skills of a particular class should include free opportunities for players to redistribute their captain skills on that class.  You said as much yourself back on January 16:

After the release of the Update, additional balance corrections might be required. In case of significant changes going forward, we will provide additional opportunities to retrain your Commanders for free.  

Here is the source of the quote: Update 0.10.0: Commander Skills Update | World of Warships

The free market is a blessing that is based on parties exchanging goods and services in an honest manner.  I acknowledge that Wargaming is a for profit company and making money is a precondition for them bringing us this excellent game.  I have no problem paying doubloons for resetting captain skills when I decide to try something new.  However, WG is being foolishly greedy by refusing to do what they said they were going to do in January.  Changes are being made to skills that involve all classes of ships in update 10.4 (ST 0.10.4, changes to commander's skills).  Granted, only Deadeye is going away completely, and it is fair that a free reset is being offered for BB captains who have selected this skill.  However, changes to the other (non-Deadeye) skills are clearly being made because not enough people are choosing them.  These changes are significant enough that WG thinks people will reconsider them to optimize their captains skills.  In addition to doing what they said they were going to do, if WG wants players to try these skills, they should incentivize that by offering free captain skills redistribution for all classes following the 10.4 update.  

WG, are you trying piss off your informed players (and customers) by NOT doing what you said in writing you were going to do only 3 months ago?  Is that a good business practice?  By refusing to offer a free skill redistribution you leave yourself vulnerable to legitimate complaints of hypocrisy and claims of yet another WG "cash grab".  A certain former CC member has probably already made a video about 0.10.4 being just that. 

Edited by Maddau
Typos
  • Cool 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 3

[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
890 posts
6,912 battles

In case of significant changes going forward, we will provide additional opportunities to retrain your Commanders for free.

The only significant change was removing Deadeye, the others are not considered as significant. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
1 hour ago, Maddau said:

In case of significant changes going forward, we will provide additional opportunities to retrain your Commanders for free.  

They kept their word... They'll offer free BB capt respec with the removal/replacement of deadeye.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2

[D-DAY]
Members
7,134 posts

:Smile_teethhappy: They try to keep their word in as much as it will keep them out of trouble.

However, money is the sole driver for the 'company' and if you look back, I'm not sure 'in generalisation' they have kept their word about anything. In fact looking back over the years it surprises me that there is anything left to complain about, after all we are not stupid, we have seen the way WG operates - surely nothing should come as a surprise anymore? If you are surprised then it can only be because you made excuses for WG in the past for similar decisions they made.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
6 hours ago, mrmariokartguy said:

The only significant change was removing Deadeye, the others are not considered as significant. 

Says who? WG?

Because if you gonna tell me that the changes to FB are "insignificant", when  in fact are turning an unusable skill into a highly useful skill.....

• Thanks 1

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
6 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

They kept their word... They'll offer free BB capt respec with the removal/replacement of deadeye.

They didn't. All they did, proved Flamu's words. Honestly, I can't believe how idiotic this company is run.....

Edited by Bandi73
  • Boring 3

[CS7]
Members
327 posts
5,784 battles
12 hours ago, mrmariokartguy said:

These skill changes are all significant, otherwise Wargaming would not have made them.  As I pointed out in the OP, they want more players to choose these skills!  Well, let us try them for free like you said you were going to. 

Don't agree?  Let's look at the raw numbers:

Cruiser's skills:

"Survivability expert"

• The hit point bonus for each ship tier has been increased from 350 to 450.

A 29% increase in the effectiveness of this skill is insignificant?

Destroyer's skills

"Extra Heavy AP Shells"

• Damage of main battery AP shells increased from 5 to 7.5%

A 50% increase in the effectiveness of this skill is insignificant?

"Fearless Brawler"

• Removed the penalty to the ship's detectability.

Totally removing a concealment penalty from a 4-point DD skill is insignificant?

Aircraft Carrier's skills

"Enhanced Reactions"

• The 25% penalty to the action time of the "Patrol Fighters" or "Interceptor" consumables has been replaced with a 25% bonus.

Extending the patrol duration by 67% is insignificant?

"Super Heavy AP Shells"

• Damage of main battery AP shells increased from 5 to 7.5%;
  • Fire extinguishing time and flooding recovery time reduced from 30 to 25%.

A 50% increase in the damage effectiveness of this skill, while reducing it's penalty by 8% is insignificant?

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
7 hours ago, Bandi73 said:

Says who? WG?

Because if you gonna tell me that the changes to FB are "insignificant", when  in fact are turning an unusable skill into a highly useful skill.....

Yeah, that one is kind of important, I would certainly pick it up now.

I do see a distinction though. It's worse to have a skill you did pick changed to something completely different, than one you didn't have merely improved, as the latter does not have a direct effect on your current gameplay.

And I assume we will have the opportunity to get it later, as WG has mentioned a full free respec when they're done reworking the rework lol.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
1 hour ago, Maddau said:

These skill changes are all significant, otherwise Wargaming would not have made them.  As I pointed out in the OP, they want more players to choose these skills!  Well, let us try them for free like you said you were going to. 

Don't agree?  Let's look at the raw numbers:

Cruiser's skills:

"Survivability expert"

• The hit point bonus for each ship tier has been increased from 350 to 450.

A 29% increase in the effectiveness of this skill is insignificant?

Yes. It's like a 29% increase in the effectiveness of AA. If it does little in the first place, the increase is insignificant.

1 hour ago, Maddau said:

Destroyer's skills

"Extra Heavy AP Shells"

• Damage of main battery AP shells increased from 5 to 7.5%

A 50% increase in the effectiveness of this skill is insignificant?

Yes, because the concealment penalty makes it a non-starter for almost every DD.

1 hour ago, Maddau said:

"Fearless Brawler"

• Removed the penalty to the ship's detectability.

Totally removing a concealment penalty from a 4-point DD skill is insignificant?

That one is significant, yes.

1 hour ago, Maddau said:

Aircraft Carrier's skills

"Enhanced Reactions"

• The 25% penalty to the action time of the "Patrol Fighters" or "Interceptor" consumables has been replaced with a 25% bonus.

Extending the patrol duration by 67% is insignificant?

Yes, because most are shot down or expended before their duration expires anyway.

1 hour ago, Maddau said:

"Super Heavy AP Shells"

• Damage of main battery AP shells increased from 5 to 7.5%;
  • Fire extinguishing time and flooding recovery time reduced from 30 to 25%.

A 50% increase in the damage effectiveness of this skill, while reducing it's penalty by 8% is insignificant?

Yes, because the penalty is still too much to make it worth taking. The change only makes it a little less baffling as to why anyone would  take it.

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
7 hours ago, Bandi73 said:

They didn't. All they did, proved Flamu's words. Honestly, I can't believe how idiotic this company is run.....

Flamu ? Is he still bitter about being left out? He's been awfully quite after stating he was going to be the biggest loud piece.

There have been a lot of good suggestions from both employees and players on replacing Deadeye... The end result, was the "suits"  overriding everyone...

It pays to be the "top brass" in any company. Overriding everyone is one of the perks of the title.. It is what it is..

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,644 posts
22,131 battles

I agree with you OP any changes I don't care how small they are, are changes and we have to pay for them. Its a Money grab and that was their plan all along.

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
13 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Flamu ? Is he still bitter about being left out? He's been awfully quite after stating he was going to be the biggest loud piece.

Truth to be told idk. I'm not a groupie nor a fan, I just like to the credit go where is due.  He is a good player, so watching his YT videos could be informative in that regard.

On the other hand I really dislike lies and propaganda. I know its toxic effects and I try to combat that, no matter where is rearing its ugly head.

13 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

There have been a lot of good suggestions from both employees and players on replacing Deadeye... The end result, was the "suits"  overriding everyone...

It pays to be the "top brass" in any company. Overriding everyone is one of the perks of the title.. It is what it is..

Well...Sub_0 is the executive producer so......he is da one calling the shots.

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
1 minute ago, Bandi73 said:

Well...Sub_0 is the executive producer so......he is da one calling the shots.

For his dept... Not for WG as a whole...

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
34 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I do see a distinction though. It's worse to have a skill you did pick changed to something completely different, than one you didn't have merely improved, as the latter does not have a direct effect on your current gameplay.

And I assume we will have the opportunity to get it later, as WG has mentioned a full free respec when they're done reworking the rework lol.

This whole re....thing was very badly managed and implemented.

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

For his dept... Not for WG as a whole...

Which is... Wows. Because I don't care about WoT or WoWP.

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
1 minute ago, Bandi73 said:

Which is... Wows. Because I don't care about WoT or WoWP.

No, which is his dept where his is in charge of (WG Communications for WOWS). Not WG as a whole (other WOWS depts in which he has no control over).

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

No, which is his dept where his is in charge of (WG Communications for WOWS). Not WG as a whole (other WOWS depts in which he has no control over).

Erm... are you sure?Coz....

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/staff/

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
20 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

Erm... are you sure?Coz....

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/staff/

For his DEPT (AGAIN Communications DPT for WG) for which he has been officially in charge when they demoted EV1N to Austin (his old post, he was demoted... That was the same reddit post over a year ago) in favor of Sub_O...

Now, Sub_O is in charge (as an executive) for all communications for all the offices around the world (EV1N old post)...Sub_O has never been in-charge of any game balance or mechanics in all his time with WG... 

He IS in charge of the narrative of the changes the company "SUITS" Decide... Sub_O is not in charge of anything in the game relating to balance or mechanics! Just as Ev1n never was in charge (when he was an executive before being demoted) of anything to do with balance or changing WOWS in game mechanics.

Edited by Navalpride33

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts

in the end..

well it's too late for this year, the stinginess in regards to skill resets has set the tone for me for this year.

already on my way out for this season.

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

For his DEPT for which he has been officially in charge when then demoted EV1N to Austin (his old post, he was demoted... That was the same reddit post over a year ago) in favor of Sub_O...

Now, Sub_O is in charge (as an executive) for all communications for all the offices around the world...Sub_O has never been incharget of any game balance or mechanics in all his time with WG... 

He IS in charge of the narrative of the changes the company "SUITS" Decide... Sub_O is not in charge of anything in the game relating to balance or mechanics!

Well, to me Executive Producer have a very specific meaning.and is the one who call the shots on the overall direction of a production. Not how the balancing is conducted, but where it leads.Or if more and what kind of content is "produced".

Now, I'm not disputing what you say,, but a link would be helpful. 

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
8 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

Well, to me Executive Producer have a very specific meaning.and is the one who call the shots on the overall direction of a production.

You been laid too... Every Company is run differently, titles for companies are that titles, no real teeth behind it...

But in our example, Who have the real power WOWS/WG?? Depends on which dept your addressing your concern about... Like I stated, Sub_O only runs a portion of WG global operations (communications)... Who runs the other half... Well I dont know.. The CEO runs it all but dept wise... I dont know who the heads are for all of their dept branches.

One thing I do know, Sub_O had nothing to do with the capt skill changes... He does have a lot to do with the global narrative about the changes.

Edited by Navalpride33

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

You been laid too... Every Company is run differently, titles for companies are that titles, no real teeth behind it...

Well, I'm talking from my personal/professional experience. In media /entertainment.

2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

But in our example, Who have the real power WOWS/WG?? Depends on which dept your addressing your concern about... Like I stated, Sub_O only runs a portion of WG global operations (communications)... Who runs the other half... Well I dont know.. The CEO runs it all but dept wise... I dont know who the heads are for all of their dept branches.

No doubt that different individuals can have different level of influence over different issues (I.e some opinions could carry more weight internally). But whoever that individual is, right now is doing a great disservice to this company.