You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ahskance

Meet the Max Immelmann~

31 comments in this topic

[KSC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,586 posts
14,031 battles

So, this is from the stream earlier today and is broken into three parts.

1) The first part is going to talk about the hull itself, the stats, and planes.  Then we're going to go into a training room and talk about what the Skip Bomb mechanics are and how they work.  We'll show some best-use tips as well~

2) Second part is going into our first live-streamed game!  We did a short Q&A after to handle any follow up questions post-game.

3) Third part has a question from chat asking about CV Sniping possibilities.  We test out if we can use our bombs without triggering the CV's defensive fighter... then we use Game #2 to test out how viable the CV snipe capability is in Random Battles.

Note:  Language Warning.  I doth do swears~

Second Note:  YouTube renders the lower quality version first, so eventually the resolution will go up.

-----

Max Immelmann - Introduction and Mechanic Display w/ Q&A

Raw Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apqbREgjFCI

Max Immelmann - Game #1 w/ Post Q&A

Raw Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFNmz0H3NNw

Max Immelmann - CV Sniping Test, Game #2, and post-Q&A

Raw Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u16zl08Y1a8

Edited by Ahskance
  • Cool 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

[KSC]
1,586 posts
14,031 battles
Just now, jags_domain said:

This looks like CV on hard mode.

Getting the bombs working is going to be interesting

Interesting is a good word, though.  The whole point of a new CV is to give a new play experience.  Max Immelmann is definitely a unique experience.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,461 posts

My coal is packed up and ready for payment.  Comeoooooon Wednesday.

• Boring 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,269 posts
7 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Interesting is a good word, though.  The whole point of a new CV is to give a new play experience.  Max Immelmann is definitely a unique experience.

Which makes it great. Not cut and past. 

Members
950 posts
220 battles
3 hours ago, Ahskance said:

edit

Note:  Language Warning.  I doth do swears~

edit

If the forum rules state 'limit profanity' so is it OK to post up other content and links to such profanity? e.g. YouTube

Personally, I don't mind, and I'm just asking.  if I did provide my opinion, it would be pointless as WG admins pick and choose which rules they enforce, and on who.  Which is very frustrating.

Edited by Laser_Beam
  • Boring 1

[FFG33]
Members
38 posts
8,113 battles

To be fair, I used profanity to describe the lackluster gameplay of the OP as a teammate last night in back to back games and got hit with -10 karma. 

• Haha 3

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles

I’ve watched only one of your videos before. Seeing your face in the inset with these, why do I think that if I play one of them...

...that at some point,  I’m going to hear you say, “I don’t think so, Tim”?

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,316 posts
15,195 battles

Wishing I hadn't gotten the Marceau a few weeks ago; I haven't played it much. Would have had the coal for the Immelmann if I hadn't.

[KSC]
1,586 posts
14,031 battles
4 hours ago, Rambo__11 said:

To be fair, I used profanity to describe the lackluster gameplay of the OP as a teammate last night in back to back games and got hit with -10 karma. 

Were you in both of the Immelmann games?  I only played two games yesterday, and there was a training room/discussion between them.  That'd be a heck of a shock to have happened into that! *laughs*

Sad to hear you got reported.  Were on you on the enemy team or something?  I don't remember chat being interesting.

4 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I’ve watched only one of your videos before. Seeing your face in the inset with these, why do I think that if I play one of them...

4 hours ago, Laser_Beam said:

If the forum rules state 'limit profanity' so is it OK to post up other content and links to such profanity? e.g. YouTube

The forum has a filter on words, so there's a coded blocker on basic terms I suppose.

As for me, games have always been a hobby and WoWs is as stressful as everyone knows it can be.  So I've labeled my videos as such, just in case.

Edited by Ahskance

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,778 posts
22,334 battles

They nerfed it pretty hard I guess. I remember watching one in testing devstrike a stalingrad.

[KSC]
1,586 posts
14,031 battles
2 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

They nerfed it pretty hard I guess. I remember watching one in testing devstrike a stalingrad.

No clue about that.  Only way that'd be possible is with a detonation, as best I can figure.

[SGSS]
Members
6,269 posts
6 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I have been watching his streams to much.  I have cought my self saying.  Its a thing.  Lets go do the thing.

Great I guess that was a thing.

I really want him as a captain so I can hear.  Well that was thing when I whiffed my drop.

• Haha 1

[CLUMP]
Members
2,051 posts
2,424 battles

I am good even if I had the coal wouldn't buy :fish_sleep: Having only two types of aircraft is a big no-no for me regardless of what type they are :fish_palm:

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,145 posts
19,146 battles

The first thing that attracts me about this ship is that being a T10 special, she has a stupidly low basic service cost. 

The second thing is that she has both torpedoes (in four-torp salvoes, no less!) and HE bombs. Can you say "Damage over time", kiddies?

The third? That skip-bombing mechanism has some interesting possibilities, not least of which is that if you mess up the run or stumble across a target of opportunity which you've already overflown with the master drop line, you have the option to use one of the closer aim points and salvage the strike somewhat.

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,269 posts
3 hours ago, LastRemnant said:

I am good even if I had the coal wouldn't buy :fish_sleep: Having only two types of aircraft is a big no-no for me regardless of what type they are :fish_palm:

I have the indom and you really don't notice it.

With most cv game I often just use 2 types of planes.

[SGSS]
Members
6,269 posts
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The first thing that attracts me about this ship is that being a T10 special, she has a stupidly low basic service cost. 

The second thing is that she has both torpedoes (in four-torp salvoes, no less!) and HE bombs. Can you say "Damage over time", kiddies?

The third? That skip-bombing mechanism has some interesting possibilities, not least of which is that if you mess up the run or stumble across a target of opportunity which you've already overflown with the master drop line, you have the option to use one of the closer aim points and salvage the strike somewhat.

If you see over lapping ships you can hit several at once with the drop pattern.

I want to know if you can watch the bombs bounce over your ship?

The torps are not powerful at all. Yes there is 4 but there Graff torps.

Its a very different design.  Ash was showing it off and a d d sailed strait got hit a few time.

Prob on the forums complaining about being op:cap_haloween:

[ARGSY]
Members
25,145 posts
19,146 battles
3 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Yes there is 4 but there Graff torps.

So it's one extra torp over the Graf and one extra chance to get a flood. Then you return with the bombers. At least that's the idea...

Time will tell whether reality matches expectation, but there's enough here for me to be interested in having her.

[KSC]
1,586 posts
14,031 battles
19 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I want to know if you can watch the bombs bounce over your ship?

They can bounce over a ship, yes~

[SGSS]
Members
6,269 posts
31 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

They can bounce over a ship, yes~

I cannot wait for the memes and shots of it!

[SGSS]
Members
6,269 posts
44 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

So it's one extra torp over the Graf and one extra chance to get a flood. Then you return with the bombers. At least that's the idea...

Time will tell whether reality matches expectation, but there's enough here for me to be interested in having her.

Like all German CV is the DD.  They have basically no defence against dd.

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,778 posts
22,334 battles

I think in skilled hands this will be insanely fun and powerful. Div with two T8 fire spammers and just FARM lower tier ships. Enemy team will always be on fire. 

[PVE]
Members
7,465 posts

I only had time to watch the first video so far.  Great presentation.  While I often disagree with your thoughts on CV balance, I find your content and teaching to be first rate. :cap_like:

[ARGSY]
Members
25,145 posts
19,146 battles
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

I think in skilled hands this will be insanely fun and powerful. Div with two T8 fire spammers and just FARM lower tier ships. Enemy team will always be on fire. 

T8 cannot div with T10.