You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Par for the course.. Thunderer gets double nerf...

46 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,919 posts

British battleship Thunderer

Main battery firing range reduced from 24.3 to 23 km.

Yamato and Vermont are LOLing right now.

Deadeye is going away because people reacted to it by hiding in the back the whole game and WG just dumped it but that is not enough..  

The ship that was BUILT to be a fragile long distance sniper loses a HUGE amount of it's firing range as well.

This is why you never trust anything they release.. they WILL change it back to a weaker form of itself.

Every single ship I have worked for has been nerfed.  

Lesson learned.

FYI I used Deadeye ONCE for about 5 minutes before moving into the regular way I play her..  Don't need it, no one does, but nerfing her range means she'll get burned down by the very complainers that made this happen.. She burns like kindling.

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 8
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 10
  • Meh 6

[BE-ER]
Beta Testers
143 posts
16,882 battles

I really can't think of much off-hand that could hit you at 23, but completely unable to at 24.3.

• Cool 8

[ARGSY]
Members
25,092 posts
19,133 battles
1 minute ago, Col_Nasty said:

The ship that was BUILT to be a fragile long distance sniper loses a HUGE amount of it's firing range as well.

It loses 1.3km. Hardly huge.

• Cool 3

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,624 posts
23,773 battles

The ship was fine before the rework, they introduced DeadEye and it became OP (?), Thus they remove DeadEye and nerf the ship! 

So desperately looking for another game.

By the way 0 battles in it since rework.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[GOB]
Members
2,919 posts
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It loses 1.3km. Hardly huge.

Really??

So tell us how many times you have played her in Randoms and share your expertise and how you will avoid her common foes after losing that "tiny" little bit of range.

Go play her in a Random and say that.

Anyone can play her in COOP.

Also before you react so quickly go see who now can easily hit her with HE since this nerf is going to happen.  

Or not...   

• Haha 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
6 minutes ago, echelon5 said:

I really can't think of much off-hand that could hit you at 23, but completely unable to at 24.3.

Thunderer will be, for one!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5
  • Thanks 1

[GOB]
Members
2,919 posts
5 minutes ago, echelon5 said:

Well who said that??  Never made that claim so I am not sure who your argument is aimed at.

hmmm.. well if you ignore that you have basically lost that much room to disengage as well then............

So many times I see people break out the calculators to support their arguments but then ignore the same data when they don't like a ship.

She has to get closer.. that puts her in range of more ships and has more looking at her as she tries to disengage.

But yeah lets ignore that..

• Boring 4

[WOLFG]
Members
13,256 posts
12,507 battles
2 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

She has to get closer.. that puts her in range of more ships and has more looking at her as she tries to disengage.

No one is ignoring that.  It is the point of doing it.

It could sit at 24km dropping HE bombs (or worse) against anything spotted.  With the best accuracy in the game, deadeye or no deadeye.

And there are a bunch of ships hurt worse by the deadeye removal (Roma cries).

• Cool 3

[UNC]
Members
966 posts
6,513 battles

There are about 9 ships (that I can think of) in game that can outrange Thunderer post-nerf:  Yammy/Musashi, Repub, Conq, and the top tier American BBs.  A few of them top out at just over 23km, so it does add a couple of ships that can hit you at max range that couldn't previously, but not many.

A loss of about 5% of its max range is not going to mean much to Thunderer, and it was already accurate enough before Deadeye.  These adjustments are very minor and were necessary.  Thunderer will still be extremely powerful even after the changes.   I would not be surprised at all to see additional changes down the road.

[ANZ4C]
[ANZ4C]
Members
386 posts
8,552 battles
20 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

British battleship Thunderer

Main battery firing range reduced from 24.3 to 23 km.

Deadeye is going away because people reacted to it by hiding in the back the whole game and WG just dumped it but that is not enough..  

This is why you never trust anything they release.. they WILL change it back to a weaker form of itself.

Every single ship I have worked for has been nerfed.  

Lesson learned.

FYI I used Deadeye ONCE for about 5 minutes before moving into the regular way I play her..  Don't need it, no one does, but nerfing her range means she'll get burned down by the very complainers that made this happen.. She burns like kindling.

LOL!!!!

The most OP, broken, disgusting, toxic ship at t10 gets a TINY nerf. And you cry like a 4yo.

Thunderer deserved nerfs, and tbh, WG didn't go far enough.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,450 posts
15 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Really??

So tell us how many times you have played her in Randoms and share your expertise and how you will avoid her common foes after losing that "tiny" little bit of range.

Also before you react so quickly go see who now can easily hit her with HE since this nerf is going to happen.  

Or not...   

I play her in randoms all the time.  It's a tiny...tiny nerf.  It's not going change anything for me really.

In fact WG have stated that they are changing their approach to several smaller nerfs over time, instead of big swings of the nerf bat.  So there are likely more coming.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,633 posts
26,512 battles

Technically it's a nerf.  The reality is it's a nearly inconsequential one.

It reminds me a while back that WG thought Kremlin's AA was too much.  So they lowered the durability of her AA mounts.  It's the same thing.  Technically it's an AA nerf, but one that doesn't amount to much.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,935 posts
22,945 battles
30 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

FYI I used Deadeye ONCE for about 5 minutes before moving into the regular way I play her..  Don't need it, no one does

If they're removing a skill so sucky you dumped it after one try, why is it a "double" nerf?

• Cool 4

[-MWM-]
Members
36 posts
7,724 battles
24 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Really??

Or not...   

why don't you unhide your stats so we can see how many times YOU have played it in randoms?

• Cool 2

[--K--]
Members
18 posts
16,766 battles

So now you have to be marginally closer to fire salvoes of marginally less accurate HE shells to farm damage, Arsonists, and Witherers? Oh no!

Thunderer will be fine.

Members
486 posts
23 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Well who said that??  Never made that claim so I am not sure who your argument is aimed at.

hmmm.. well if you ignore that you have basically lost that much room to disengage as well then............

So many times I see people break out the calculators to support their arguments but then ignore the same data when they don't like a ship.

I didn't put Dead Eye on Thunderer because I know that skill is getting a nerf. I play it as I do all the rest of my BBs, with survival build. Even with taking that in mind I rarely fire from max range and I do fine. RN ships perform best from mid range. I just don't see how 23 km range is a problem for a skillful player.

[GRETA]
Members
1,498 posts
11,354 battles

You can get the range back with a module which will cost you some DPM but it still is far from making the ship unplayable and frankly it is still OP post nerf so I expect more nerfs to come its way.

[GOB]
Members
2,919 posts
17 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

No one is ignoring that.  It is the point of doing it.

It could sit at 24km dropping HE bombs (or worse) against anything spotted.  With the best accuracy in the game, deadeye or no deadeye.

And there are a bunch of ships hurt worse by the deadeye removal (Roma cries).

I don't care about deadeye going away and I agree with you.. it was just Thunderer that all the hystericals where screaming about.  She didn't need it. But the Yammy and Vermont now can blast her out of the water at will.  it was tough enough to fight them..  But the short sighted ones here will never admit that.. they just like that complaints work on WG.

They complained about playing the back?  LOL Now who wants to move 3km into Yammys range in a slow moving  fragile BB in order to help fight it so they can be overmatched everywhere and die?

Wait for it.

Always the same here and mostly from the same people. They get what they want then they complain about the way it hurts the game.

Ever notice it's the people who do not HAVE the ship in question that are the loudest?

BTW I just got the Roma.. got the premium ( Kobayashi)  Camo for it too because I planned to play her now that she HAD been given a new lease on life with Deadeye..  Now she's a very expensive port/coop queen.

[GRETA]
Members
1,498 posts
11,354 battles
3 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I don't care about deadeye going away and I agree with you.. it was just Thunderer that all the hystericals where screaming about.  She didn't need it. But the Yammy and Vermont now can blast her out of the water at will.  it was tough enough to fight them..  But the short sighted ones here will never admit that.. they just like that complaints work on WG.

With the rudder shift the Thunderer has the only way those ships are hitting you at that range is if you are sitting still.  Don't sit still, don't try to bow tank in a highly mobile yet fragile BB.

Edited by HallaSnackbar

Members
751 posts
19,884 battles

Ship is OP before rework

ship gets even more OP with broken skill after the rework

broken skill gets removed

ship gets completely inconsequential nerf

ship is still OP lol