You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

10 comments in this topic

Members
220 posts

In this video, I discuss the reality that maybe it's not what you think it is. Sometimes the snipers are actually not purposely trying to steal your kill. Grab your inhaler and see it from the other side. Also, I go into my discussion on some of the cases of earning Krakens, Amazing teammates and bad, and more. Tell me what you think? If you agree please subscribe for future content!

Note: IF you don't watch the whole thing, you won't have the full context when debating. I might not be able to check in on this constantly, please be patient with me as I am working on future projects. These videos are to generate discussion. Obviously, there's gonna be a 50/50 on some of these issues. Take a couple of breaths before posting, I bet you will get a favorable reply. Thanks for your time!

P.S. Would it be possible for you to listen to the "bird is the word" (surfin bird) while listening to the ending comments?

Edited by FirstDayAdmiral
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SR-_-]
Members
4,910 posts
46,424 battles

Great match. While you did great as support, I wouldn't feel bad about the steal. At least you apologized for it. 

In all my Randoms matches I ever played, I can only count on two hands the number of apologies. Most players never say anything and just keep doing it. They will wait for you to beat something to low health like you say, and then take the shot that finishes it off. 

In a BB, that is frustrating to watch. To hit a ship with a deadly shot, only for someone to take the 100 or so HP left and take it from you. 

Players work hard for it and their damage numbers show it. 

I blame the stat system and not the players. Because it pressures players to get as many ships sunk to beef up something, and that gets them in a great clan. 

Only a smart clan can look at those numbers and see the disparity themselves and know that such a player can't do what they appear to do. It is misrepresentation.

Like you say, having fun is a goal. My fun is finishing what I started and not have someone else do it, unless I can't. 

Other players that share similar frustrations are other ship types too. Ask any player, and they have a story. 

In my case, I could have Krakened hundreds of times, but it is that one player that spoils it. Sometimes more than one player. 

But you have the right idea. But in the case of Randoms, I would not hesitate and always take the shot. Then apologize after we win. 

Because team work is paying attention to targets, and if one is close to low, you finish it. Always.

If a win is guaranteed for instance, I would not deny a DD to cap, or take a kill. So long as we win, that is what matters. 

Support starts with helping the teammates, and eventually they help you. Sooner or later, you pull ahead based on your own hard work.

You may see yourself as support now, but you will pull ahead because you already care about your team first. 

That is what a leader does. 

You screened well enough that your team was safe. Sometimes that is the difference. And trust me, they will always count on you for that. 

CV spots. Having played CV, there are a few schools of thought on how to use the fighters.

I use them to spot from distance large ships, drop over a smoked team DD to give him eyes, and also drop over a DD advancing on a CV to sink. 

In that battle, the red CV dropped over his Kagero for eyes. So Kagero does not leave smoke. but you can shoot down the fighters immediately yourself if you got the AA or you have the team CV do it. If I am on your team, I would counter drop on top of his fighters to cancel his eyes so he is blind, then any time you torp the smoke, he has to move or sink. That flushes him out. DDs in pairs are good at tandem smoke or AA, or many other things. 

But in some cases, you have to have your AA off and rely on CV only fighters to get their fighters so you don't reveal your location. Since concealment by air is better for DDs, having AA off is natural. 

As a CV player, I am often forced to pay attention to my team DDs. I need them to live more than I do. So keeping them alive is priority 1 , then spotting main force to assist team. I then help DDs penetrate further in. 

I have found that a good DD that is supported this way gets very far and does significant impact to match. Even better than if a cruiser helps them. Imagine that. But I did it enough times that is does work. A CV player can support up to 2 DDs at a time so long as they are not too far apart. 

Spotting is always crucial in matches, but a CV is only 1 part. A DD does it way better. And they have better firepower when they get close. 

Nice video. I think you do well in these. I am no expert though. But In my opinion, you have the good attitude and intelligence to play. You use your brain and you also use your manners. LOL

Have a good one. 

<o

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
16,495 battles

Steal killing complaints are almost silly in WoWS.  Factor in range, ROF and the caliber differences in guns makes it very difficult to "steal a kill".  You could "NOT" play the game and make sure your in the best position...scouring the sea around you and trying to steal a kill, and you might get one every few games... is it worth it at all?  Sure I have almost dusted a ship w a BB and left 100hp...I don't EVEN try to finish that target, in the next 30s of reload, it will be destroyed if I have a half way competent team in randoms.  I see a ship w 100HP ...do I try and kill it?  Well of course I do...sheesh.

Members
220 posts
34 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

Steal killing complaints are almost silly in WoWS.  Factor in range, ROF and the caliber differences in guns makes it very difficult to "steal a kill".  You could "NOT" play the game and make sure your in the best position...scouring the sea around you and trying to steal a kill, and you might get one every few games... is it worth it at all?  Sure I have almost dusted a ship w a BB and left 100hp...I don't EVEN try to finish that target, in the next 30s of reload, it will be destroyed if I have a half way competent team in randoms.  I see a ship w 100HP ...do I try and kill it?  Well of course I do...sheesh.

I don't know why you seem bothered. It appears you were one of the ones I was complimenting. There's a difference between a vulture and a situational kill. But there's those that are great in Cruisers, DD's, CV's that wait and watch and only engage when the enemy ship is nearly dead. People have a hard time being exposed. The only way to be angry about this honestly is if you're guilty of being a kill vulture and compulsive stat shamer. But you sound like your fair as it gets bud. But its not my place to directly judge you. Im bringing up scenarios and not mentioning names. I leave it to the viewer to decide where they fall based on my opinion. Again, opinion. 

Members
220 posts
2 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Great match. While you did great as support, I wouldn't feel bad about the steal. At least you apologized for it. 

In all my Randoms matches I ever played, I can only count on two hands the number of apologies. Most players never say anything and just keep doing it. They will wait for you to beat something to low health like you say, and then take the shot that finishes it off. 

In a BB, that is frustrating to watch. To hit a ship with a deadly shot, only for someone to take the 100 or so HP left and take it from you. 

I blame the stat system and not the players. Because it pressures players to get as many ships sunk to beef up something, and that gets them in a great clan. 

Only a smart clan can look at those numbers and see the disparity themselves and know that such a player can't do what they appear to do. It is misrepresentation.

Like you say, having fun is a goal. My fun is finishing what I started and not have someone else do it, unless I can't. 

Other players that share similar frustrations are other ship types too. Ask any player, and they have a story. 

In my case, I could have Krakened hundreds of times, but it is that one player that spoils it. Sometimes more than one player. 

But you have the right idea. But in the case of Randoms, I would not hesitate and always take the shot. Then apologize after we win. 

Because team work is paying attention to targets, and if one is close to low, you finish it. Always.

If a win is guaranteed for instance, I would not deny a DD to cap, or take a kill. So long as we win, that is what matters. 

Support starts with helping the teammates, and eventually they help you. Sooner or later, you pull ahead based on your own hard work.

You may see yourself as support now, but you will pull ahead because you already care about your team first. 

You screened well enough that your team was safe. Sometimes that is the difference. And trust me, they will always count on you for that. 

CV spots. Having played CV, there are a few schools of thought on how to use the fighters.

I use them to spot from distance large ships, drop over a smoked team DD to give him eyes, and also drop over a DD advancing on a CV to sink. 

In that battle, the red CV dropped over his Kagero for eyes. So Kagero does not leave smoke. but you can shoot down the fighters immediately yourself if you got the AA or you have the team CV do it. If I am on your team, I would counter drop on top of his fighters to cancel his eyes so he is blind, then any time you torp the smoke, he has to move or sink. That flushes him out. DDs in pairs are good at tandem smoke or AA, or many other things. 

But in some cases, you have to have your AA off and rely on CV only fighters to get their fighters so you don't reveal your location. Since concealment by air is better for DDs, having AA off is natural. 

As a CV player, I am often forced to pay attention to my team DDs. I need them to live more than I do. So keeping them alive is priority 1 , then spotting main force to assist team. I then help DDs penetrate further in. 

I have found that a good DD that is supported this way gets very far and does significant impact to match. Even better than if a cruiser helps them. Imagine that. But I did it enough times that is does work. A CV player can support up to 2 DDs at a time so long as they are not too far apart. 

Spotting is always crucial in matches, but a CV is only 1 part. A DD does it way better. And they have better firepower when they get close. 

Nice video. I think you do well in these. I am no expert though. But In my opinion, you have the good attitude and intelligence to play. You use your brain and you also use your manners. LOL

Have a good one. 

<o

A direct example of a solid world of warships player. Didn't need to cut anyone down. Provided top to bottom review of the situation and content. Added points but also showed pros and cons. I appreciate your time and review!

• Meh 2

[-MWM-]
Members
36 posts
7,728 battles
9 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Have a good one. 

<o

the pvp tips from the pve main

• Haha 1

Members
795 posts
10,278 battles

Erm, kill-stealing isn't really a thing in this game. 

Focus-firing low health targets falls into the category of the most effective tactics for winning matches. Low health enemies can go dark, heal, find island cover, and maintain all of their offensive potency. Eliminate them(and secure the points for your team) whenever possible.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
16,495 battles
20 hours ago, FirstDayAdmiral said:

I don't know why you seem bothered. It appears you were one of the ones I was complimenting. There's a difference between a vulture and a situational kill. But there's those that are great in Cruisers, DD's, CV's that wait and watch and only engage when the enemy ship is nearly dead. People have a hard time being exposed. The only way to be angry about this honestly is if you're guilty of being a kill vulture and compulsive stat shamer. But you sound like your fair as it gets bud. But its not my place to directly judge you. Im bringing up scenarios and not mentioning names. I leave it to the viewer to decide where they fall based on my opinion. Again, opinion. 

No worries, just a comment in general, not directed at anyone.

[SALVO]
Members
8,982 posts
6,672 battles
20 hours ago, FirstDayAdmiral said:

There's a difference between a vulture and a situational kill. But there's those that are great in Cruisers, DD's, CV's that wait and watch and only engage when the enemy ship is nearly dead. People have a hard time being exposed. 

Again showing your misinformation and pre-made judgement. When you play squeeshy ships, the play style goes by avoiding getting shot in the first place. You simply avoid engaging ships that can retaliate against you. A ship that is vulnerable and near dead is a prime target because it WON'T BE ABLE TO RETALIATE before you kill it. 

When you engage a near dead ship, it isn't to "kill steal" (silly concept in this game). You engage to secure a kill on an enemy while keeping fair chances of surviving the encounter.

As I said before, you need more experience to understand the subtleties of this game. You are being too hasty in your judgement and too shortsighted in your analysis.

• Cool 2

Banned
1,684 posts

I had a game yesterday in which I was topdog in the after battle review I engaged 6 ships with my Somli doing severe damage to all six 3/4 of their hit points were mine. Yet I received zero kills, This didn't bother me at all because the damage count is what is the goal. According to the after Battle Review those ships were taken by my teammates for the WIN. I got 4 up votes on my Karma that battle, and thanked for my performance in chat. That is the whole enchilada of great gaming.