You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

Anyone Else Only Pick Try Your Luck Containers For The Daily? How Often Are You Seeing a Super Container by Choosing This?

23 comments in this topic

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

I stopped getting the Resource containers months ago due to I have so much coal and plenty of flags saved up. I been choosing the Try Your Luck Containers every day. I get my 3 containers daily/7 days a week and I'm seeing a Super Container about every 10-14 days on average. I have had a week where I saw 2 Super Containers about 3 days apart but usually it's about 10-14 days between each one. Last few I received, one had 50,000 free xp, one had 100 signals and one had 15,000 coal. I think the first one I got when I switched to this method was also 100 signals as well which is not bad if it's one that you use regularly. I've yet to see any steel but I understand that they can drop 1500 steel which would be sweet but I'm happy with the rewards I've seen so far. 

Just curious as to anyone else's average if your doing this daily? 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,131 posts
19,133 battles
15 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

I stopped getting the Resource containers months ago due to I have so much coal and plenty of flags saved up.

IMHO you can never have too much coal, too much FXP, or too many flags. I'd rather take the reduced probability and be accumulating useful resources with every crate pull. 

I know a lot of CC's who stream will go for TYL every time, but that's mostly because they get given most if not all of the coal ships as part of the CC perk and they don't actually need the coal.

Members
4,254 posts
14,998 battles
24 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

I stopped getting the Resource containers months ago due to I have so much coal and plenty of flags saved up. I been choosing the Try Your Luck Containers every day. I get my 3 containers daily/7 days a week and I'm seeing a Super Container about every 10-14 days on average. I have had a week where I saw 2 Super Containers about 3 days apart but usually it's about 10-14 days between each one. Last few I received, one had 50,000 free xp, one had 100 signals and one had 15,000 coal. I think the first one I got when I switched to this method was also 100 signals as well which is not bad if it's one that you use regularly. I've yet to see any steel but I understand that they can drop 1500 steel which would be sweet but I'm happy with the rewards I've seen so far. 

4 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Once every few weeks.

Both seem higher than what I used to see.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,470 posts
4,774 battles
32 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

Much data collection has been done on this so I can give you a statistically significant answer. (The wiki article contains same.)

TYL gives a little over 3% chance of an SC.  Any other 'Daily' type gives half that. 

As with any other random sequence, small samples can appear to differ wildly from those averages.

For best long-term yields TYL is not your crate.  TYL hits more SCs, but TYL Fail gives much less than Resources, Credits, Signals.  If you like to roll dice, then TYL.  If you want the best yield, then something else.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 3

[X-M-S]
Members
288 posts
4,490 battles

I always get resource containers, but one SC every other week sounds about right for TYL containers if you usually get all 3 daily containers:

14 days x 3 containers/day = 42 containers

42 containers x 0.03 = 1.26 containers should be SC's.   So if a few days you don't get all 3 containers, that's about right.  I seldom get to all 3 of the containers so if I switched to TYL's I'd expect them slightly less often.

[OGF]
Members
420 posts
7,852 battles

I did for all of last year, probably got a SC every 2 weeks.  Mostly camo, some flags.  No ships.  Got 30 days prem out of one.  I switched to coal in December so I could use the coal to buy armory containers to finish collections, but mostly this was just to help scrounge extra oil for my clan to finish the base expansions off.  Still doing coal, but that's because now I know I'll get coal from the Anniv and Xmas events so I might as well grab some ships at the end of it.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,470 posts
4,774 battles

Slightly off topic, but just to let people know that may not, auto-collected Daily containers (ones you don't manually collect at the end of the day) will not include TYLs, and earn no Oil.

So take the time to collect your containers.

• Cool 2

Members
104 posts
1,486 battles

Are we able to get supercontainers from non-Try Your Lucks?

I've been playing since December and collect all 3 containers maybe 5 out of 7 weekdays. As far as I recall I've never had a single super container.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,624 posts
23,798 battles

Doing the TYL in the first and third container, resources on the second.

One SC every other month so far

[BTLST]
Members
304 posts
7,040 battles
8 minutes ago, Count_pott said:

I've been playing since December and collect all 3 containers maybe 5 out of 7 weekdays. As far as I recall I've never had a single super container.

Yes, we are and I've received them in the past when requesting a resource container. It sounds like you might have been a bit unlucky so far.

[Y0L0]
Members
284 posts
23,984 battles
10 minutes ago, Count_pott said:

yes you can, which people often don't factor in as to why they are better choices.  tyl about 3% chance, others about 1.5%

[-BUI-]
Members
2,704 posts
7,066 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Argus said:

I used to always take it, but then coal ship releases started to be a thing and now I ONLY take resources.   

Can't say I got very many SCs with it though, probably got just as many picking resource containers at this point, having gotten 2 in the last month, 30 days premium time and a ship...Poltava I think?  I checked some reviews, seems meh, never played it.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,795 posts
31,081 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Slightly off topic, but just to let people know that may not, auto-collected Daily containers (ones you don't manually collect at the end of the day) will not include TYLs, and earn no Oil.

So take the time to collect your containers.

Good to know, thanks

[KIA-C]
Members
2,352 posts
15,311 battles

I did this once for 1162 containers.  I ended up with 41 supercontainers (3.5%).  I gained 58,500 coal (88k if you count the two steel supercontainers).  If I'd done resource containers, I'd have had a minimum of 348,600 coal.  I shorted myself at least 290,000 coal by going with TYL over resources.  That's more than one T9 coal ship.  I would have Pommern and Z-44 by now.  Don't cripple yourself like I did.

Edited by thegamefilmguruman
  • Thanks 2

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,110 posts
13,462 battles

I took a look back to March. 3 supers. Doubloons and 2x camos. If you are well off in terms of resources, superfarming is laid back because you don't have any expectations.

[GOB]
Members
2,923 posts

Only more resources on the live server.. TYL on the PTS server for years and never a SC.

[GOB]
Members
2,923 posts
6 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

I did this once for 1162 containers.  I ended up with 41 supercontainers (3.5%).  I gained 58,500 coal (88k if you count the two steel supercontainers).  If I'd done resource containers, I'd have had a minimum of 348,600 coal.  I shorted myself at least 290,000 coal by going with TYL over resources.  That's more than one T9 coal ship.  I would have Pommern and Z-44 by now.  Don't cripple yourself like I did.

WOW!  Great Data..

I appreciate your dedication put into gathering it and sharing it.:Smile_honoring:

[KIA-C]
Members
2,352 posts
15,311 battles
4 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

WOW!  Great Data..

I appreciate your dedication put into gathering it and sharing it.:Smile_honoring:

Here's all the data, if you really want it:
image.thumb.png.e1b1193875d7d979e59baab04c1f9bc2.png

• Thanks 1

Members
115 posts
20,820 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

TYL gives a little over 3% chance of an SC

Seems about right, I get a SC every 20-40 rolls usually.  Sometimes it's 60 rolls, or sometimes I get two SC within a few days of each other.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,476 posts
10,975 battles

Recently when I logged in after not playing for like a week, I got like 5 containers waiting to be opened and the first container sitting in the ship was the try your luck containers.

So I decided to open them all after playing one game which allowed me to get one more daily container (the resource one) and after opening them all using the 'open all' option, this is what I got from those containers

shot-21_04.10_16_04.16-0188.thumb.jpg.85cb1a6502affa91ba72125a550a44f9.jpg

So I can't confirm what all the containers were, but it could possibly been the try your luck containers which instead brought what appeared to be two supercontainers at once