You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OZZZZZZZ

More Scenarios Would Be Fun

12 comments in this topic

Members
36 posts
8,487 battles

I'm an old fart who still enjoys playing scenarios. We've lost a few over the last couple of years and frankly, I want to remind World of Warships and Wargaming in general that old guys who play endless scenarios SPEND MONEY TOO and since I wouldn't be bothering anyone who doesn't wish to play scenarios from requesting more of them, I hope this won't engender more sarcasm that normal! But I sure wish they'd at least bring back the higher level ones they dumped as WELL as creating new ones.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
2 minutes ago, OZZZZZZZ said:

I hope this won't engender more sarcasm that normal! But I sure wish they'd at least bring back the higher level ones they dumped as WELL as creating new ones.

This is a very legitimate request a lot of us have been asking for a long time. 

A solid PvE format would work wonder for long term engagement and player retention. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[KWF]
Members
6,572 posts
7,191 battles

WG has made it clear that Scenarios aren't a priority and personally I don't think that will change.

What is sad is that I believe loads of people would be willing to pay 15-20$ for Operations packages; polished and with difficulties too providing increased or reduced profits.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

WG has made it clear that Scenarios aren't a priority and personally I don't think that will change.

What is sad is that I believe loads of people would be willing to pay 15-20$ for Operations packages; polished and with difficulties too providing increased or reduced profits.

I don't buy premium time, I don't buy premium ships for cash, I don't buy camo or flags, I've only bought doubloons once... I'm 100% sure I would buy a Scenario pack.

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles
8 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I don't buy premium time, I don't buy premium ships for cash, I don't buy camo or flags, I've only bought doubloons once... I'm 100% sure I would buy a Scenario pack.

I think this is the problem with scenarios now.  WG just doesn't see the payback from them.  Monetizing them would give them something to dump in to the spreadsheet.  Of course, those that like the scenarios even now would howl about paid scenarios.

• Cool 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,284 posts
21,149 battles

Every official WG stream I’ve seen, Scenarios are asked about.  Every single one.  “Not now”.  What I never saw?  IFHE rework please, commander skill rework please, etc. “WG listens”. Horsesh!t they do.

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
15 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I think this is the problem with scenarios now.  WG just doesn't see the payback from them.  Monetizing them would give them something to dump in to the spreadsheet.  Of course, those that like the scenarios even now would howl about paid scenarios.

Imo that's the crux. We need to make them realize scenarios and PvE can be profitable on their own, and won't detract from regular PvP, if we ever expect to have some quality content of that type.

Members
4,256 posts
15,024 battles
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Imo that's the crux. We need to make them realize scenarios and PvE can be profitable on their own, and won't detract from regular PvP, if we ever expect to have some quality content of that type.

At this point, I think the decline in PVE content is just self perpetuating. 

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
25 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

At this point, I think the decline in PVE content is just self perpetuating. 

You are probably right. The only objection I can point to WG is: The overwhelming majority of my purchased premium ships, are Operation able and dedicated to Operations. If there were Operations in other tiers, I probably would buy premium ships for those tiers. I would definitively buy Operation packages. I can't play more than 4-6 PvP matches a day, but I play more than that in different PvE/Alternate/Event modes, and would play even more if the PvE options were more robust and varied.

[VORTX]
Members
689 posts
8,890 battles

I’ve seen this topic echo’d over and over on the forums. Personally, I don’t see any drawback to it. Unfortunately WG seems occupied with captain skills no one asked for and pumping out line after line of paper ships. They’ve gotta take a lesson from “The Mandolarion”, give the audience what they want!! Warships is just going to go the way of episodes 7-9, horribly written and quickly forgotten. 

• Cool 1

[LEGIO]
Members
3,568 posts
9,109 battles

I haven't spent real money on this game in quite some time and the only way I can imagine myself doing so in the future is if WG actually gives some attention and care to scenarios. Adding back the removed ones, adding new ones, and so forth.

They have time and workers to make silly game modes like Key Battles so why can't they do scenarios?

[D-PN]
SuperTest Coordinator, Modder
427 posts
12,668 battles

I'd pay for having back Cherry Blossom and Dynamo. Economy could be nerfed to the ground; it doesn't matter. Fun factor was way greater than having to go through depressing blowouts in randoms. Those operations were really fun. I hope to see any of those scenarios (or newer ones) eventually.