You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lewellenfawr

What were the results of last weeks Naval Battles?

13 comments in this topic

[DEPVE]
Members
218 posts
18,255 battles

I know that this week we are skipping naval battles because the server is down for maintenance. I wonder if we were credited for last weeks battles. This morning when I logged on there was no indication of either victory or defeat.

[BEA5T]
Members
582 posts
18,266 battles

There is no tab for Naval Battles showing period.   The indicator that I saw Sunday was that it started on the 11th so it probably means there were no results.   It makes no sense for WOWS to have a scheduled maintenance of the server during NB action period so it is most likely that this was unplanned.  

[RLGN]
Members
15,960 posts
27,763 battles
56 minutes ago, lewellenfawr said:

I know that this week we are skipping naval battles because the server is down for maintenance. I wonder if we were credited for last weeks battles. This morning when I logged on there was no indication of either victory or defeat.

Is there some note on the news page announcing this? (Haven’t looked yet this morning.)

[BEA5T]
Members
5,221 posts
23,401 battles
1 hour ago, lewellenfawr said:

As a PVE clan, the results were as expected:  what there are 30 or so 300 BXP tasks........so, we scored 30 tasks and the other team plays PVP and wins.  Next......  Who really cares who wins or loses??  At some point , OIL has little value to long established clans.  And, since our host wants PVE clans gone;.............some of us have given up even;   trying;   paying;   whaling;   recruiting;   or, even recommending this game anymore.   Return PVE content, all of the scenarios and update COOP, then we'll see about actively "supporting"........  Otherwise, the slow bleed of players continues as they bug-out to other games..... 

Maintenance?  Somehow, with our host's track record of late, I'd bet the spreadsheet geniuses think we're earning too much somehow and now want to cut Naval Battles back to insure we earn nothing for winning......

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TSF]
Members
478 posts
14,715 battles
5 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Otherwise, the slow bleed of players continues as they bug-out to other games..... 

Unfortunately, our clan is facing the same thing. We have lost more than half our active players as a result of WGs recent actions. Most nights we don't have enough players for clan brawls. 

Obviously WG  is aware of this, as they continue to expand the "mercenary" aspect of clan battles, brawls, etc. to allow more and more non clan players to supplement the shrinking clan rosters. Unfortunately, at least in our case,  it just isn't enough. 

I recently reset the American BB lines to grind Research points. Tiers 5 and 6 randoms are full of bots. In lower tier random games, it is often myself and 11 bots, against one player and 11 bots on the enemy team. 

The recent Captain skills rework, unwanted, unneeded, and untested, was the last straw for many more players than WG cares to admit. 

Whoever is steering the ship at WG, pun intended, needs to be replaced, and fast. The current Captain is steering what's left of this great game directly onto rocks from which no rescue will be possible. 

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[CO-OP]
Members
3,126 posts
29,370 battles

Naval Battles went down yesterday for "maintenance" before the actual posted time.  It will be suspended for a week.  Since it ended early, I'm not sure if they're going to give a win to everyone, or call it when it ended.

image.thumb.png.9f6e3b2547b22595a8095d6b4651e2d1.png

[BEA5T]
Members
5,221 posts
23,401 battles
15 minutes ago, Litigo_1970 said:

Unfortunately, our clan is facing the same thing. We have lost more than half our active players as a result of WGs recent actions. Most nights we don't have enough players for clan brawls. 

Obviously WG  is aware of this, as they continue to expand the "mercenary" aspect of clan battles, brawls, etc. to allow more and more non clan players to supplement the shrinking clan rosters. Unfortunately, at least in our case,  it just isn't enough. 

I recently reset the American BB lines to grind Research points. Tiers 5 and 6 randoms are full of bots. In lower tier random games, it is often myself and 11 bots, against one player and 11 bots on the enemy team. 

The recent Captain skills rework, unwanted, unneeded, and untested, was the last straw for many more players than WG cares to admit. 

Whoever is steering the ship at WG, pun intended, needs to be replaced, and fast. The current Captain is steering what's left of this great game directly onto rocks from which no rescue will be possible. 

@Hapa_Fodder if you think ^^^^ is a unique experience, you might want to reconsider that notion and pass up to your higher that the decline isn't a blip your team can avoid......  It's inevitable - SNAP !  The mature game syndrome always ends the same way......  History, repeats itself.......

• Boring 1

[-A-8-]
Members
564 posts
22,331 battles
2 hours ago, lewellenfawr said:

I assumed the downtime is due to the change to how Naval Battles will work from this weeks update however I did also think we'd be able to see last weeks result.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,074 posts

With the vanishing (Turned off) of Naval Battles before all of the finished game results are in to award clans their oil and ratings etc is RUDE.

It shows a absolute lack of consideration from WG adn Wows who will go right ahead and nuke the revelant server for so called maintance THAT TAKES A WEEK?! wth.

We know we won ours.A hour before midnight we were ahead in a position of strength. Pay us the oil etc.

No announcements, no news, no notices no nothing. Yank cord. NB goes bye bye. All gone. Thank you for playing. FFS....

5 damn years going on 6 you would think you can do BETTER....

• Thanks 1

[OGF]
Members
245 posts
6,541 battles
3 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Otherwise, the slow bleed of players continues as they bug-out to other games

Anecdotal, and I don't claim to know what the reason is, but I have noticed that the server that used to tell me ~9000 players were on at what is, for me, early afternoon is now routinely showing under 5000 - what used to be the numbers at 4am.  I'm in an odd time zone, and I don't know what servers it's switching me around to whenever, so this may actually not be any sort of meaningful statistic.  But it looks like the pool at "X time" is half the size it was.  If that actually reflected any reliable data, that would be both drastic and significant.  But, like I said, I don't even know where that number comes from so it might mean nothing.

Members
4,064 posts
14,715 battles
1 minute ago, buglips said:

Anecdotal, and I don't claim to know what the reason is, but I have noticed that the server that used to tell me ~9000 players were on at what is, for me, early afternoon is now routinely showing under 5000 - what used to be the numbers at 4am.  I'm in an odd time zone, and I don't know what servers it's switching me around to whenever, so this may actually not be any sort of meaningful statistic.  But it looks like the pool at "X time" is half the size it was.  If that actually reflected any reliable data, that would be both drastic and significant.  But, like I said, I don't even know where that number comes from so it might mean nothing.

The non prime time NA numbers seemingly have dropped. I used to  play alot between 12AM - 5AM Central NA. 

The primetime numbers are still pretty stable. 

I play in all the different time periods. 

• Cool 1

[OGF]
Members
245 posts
6,541 battles

Yeah, I rarely play at prime time so I'm always going to see the NPT numbers.  This might even be the old normal and it's just getting back to it after the lockdown spike, it's been so long I don't even remember anymore.  

[GT99]
Beta Testers
9 posts
7,659 battles

Thanks for the info about maintenance for the week. Went to check the score this morning and nothing there threw me off some