You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Update 0.10.3 – German Destroyers: Part 1

108 comments in this topic

[J_R]
Members
27 posts
4,859 battles

so now the torps look like powerboats screaming towards you.... is it that hard to see them atm to warrant such over visualisation?

• Meh 1

Members
24 posts
8,336 battles
9 minutes ago, cplchanb said:

so now the torps look like powerboats screaming towards you.... is it that hard to see them atm to warrant such over visualisation?

Well, I did find myself eating more torps than I did before it changed to how it is now, perhaps it will be too much, but at least it'll be easier to guess which direction the torps will go, because it was pretty difficult when they are at a further range, for example; you think it's going to your right but it's actually going to your left. Hopefully it will be easier to tell which direction it's going now.

• Cool 1

Members
24 posts
8,336 battles

>You will be able to complete 19 out of 22 phases

Man, I am tired of it being X/Y stages instead of Y/Y. Make it so you can complete all stages for free at a reasonable pace (Unlike that fiasco with the Puerto Rico) and you will have a player base that will like you, just a little bit more.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,256 posts
12,507 battles

Like the daily rewards.

The rest we will have to see.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,658 posts
24,590 battles
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Like the daily rewards.

The rest we will have to see.

They do look nice!

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
2,017 posts
24,817 battles

Two new Japanese Commanders Raizō Suzuki in exchange for 1,500 Doubloons and Takeo Suzuki in exchange for 35,000 Coal will become available from April 29.   Doesn't mention how many skill point they have, I imagine 10 pts?

I guess all of the Officers and other ratings are all dead for this ordinary seaman to become a new Commander!

A new Commander, Leroy Jenkins, has been added to the game. You can obtain him by completing one of two chains of combat missions. The chains will be available on our website. Details will be announced later.

3d680d50-9930-11eb-a7be-8cdcd4b147d4_1200x.jpg
Edited by Dah_Bears268

[ARGSY]
Members
25,092 posts
19,133 battles

Well well well, here is the news I have been waiting for, and it's set the cat among the pigeons in my port.

image.thumb.png.3ce35f30e25cf3aa8193bfd496d42cd1.png

Oh WG, you so crazy. What a choice you have landed me with!

1) Use my free XP to chew through the RB regrind on the IJN gun destroyers and get Vampire 2 immediately.

2) Spend it on Friesland at once and get Vampire the slow, regrindy way.

At least it isn't another 2 million FXP ship. Or steel. (Plymouth, you will be mine soon.

Meanwhile:

image.thumb.png.6dd3996b6d9689440e4a1e622d34adcd.png 

We get our first black American commander... and he shares a name with the rush-in-and-die meme!

EDIT: Turns out he's a sailor who served on the USS Kidd, albeit not during World War 2.

He is in fact this manhttps://www.lsureveille.com/the-real-life-aquatic/article_676e9b03-9a31-5e1b-8252-0515d5de0fee.html So in fact a humble able seaman has the honour of being WOWS's first black commander.

Still: much salt I foresee, young Padawan.

Z-23 - I don't think this was announced previously, and I certainly didn't see it coming.

image.thumb.png.104aee20cac728981387c86b54686a70.png

That being said, I understand why they're doing it. Gaede then becomes the only ship with both options, and perhaps that's supposed to help you decide which way you want to go.

If it means I get a 128mm twin forward turret, I'm not complaining.

Finally, what to get for coal? Marco Polo was looking like a gimme, but now...

image.thumb.png.7ca4e0234edca42e98dd9382b368bf2a.png

So, so tempting. I'll be waiting to see what @Ahskance and others have to say about her. Specifically, I want to see exactly how this skip-bomber trick works before putting down the coal, and I will need to see the fixed part of the post-battle costs demonstrated in live gameplay. 

I think I'm in line to get quite a bit of XP compensation out of the hull rationalizations. Most of it will not matter, but I think I'm due a bit of XP on the Izumo hull which means I can finally grab her B fire control system.

And... are they really going to give us a supercontainer every month? Wow.

image.thumb.png.790f1f9928417803dd9e0529ba68fd62.png

Most interesting.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
Edited post to reflect information gleaned after first posting.
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,658 posts
24,590 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Z-23 - I don't think this was announced previously, and I certainly didn't see it coming.

That being said, I understand why they're doing it. Gaede then becomes the only ship with both options, and perhaps that's supposed to help you decide which way you want to go.

Nope, this wasn't announced though it makes sense. Do ya think WG will reset any captain assigned to the Z-23 with this change? Someone's boat will be rocked by this...

[MWA]
Beta Testers
8 posts
13,454 battles

Free day of Premium Account -- expand the last section of the article, "Other Changes and Improvements", click the orange button "Claim Your Gift"

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
2,017 posts
24,817 battles

Edited by Dah_Bears268

[KWF]
Members
6,559 posts
7,157 battles
24 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It turns a fully historical gun caliber and layout into a fantasy one, on a historical ship. Z-23 should have been at least allowed to keep both options.

I'm waiting for when they will also remove the Mogami 155mm option :Smile_sad:.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[DVYJC]
Members
4,413 posts
11,747 battles

Some interesting changes. I've been hoarding all game resources because of the sheer number of ships coming out that are potentially interesting. Glad to see Vampire II for RB points, I will have enough to get it on release. I was thinking of one of the others, but honestly I always get Tier X ships first for in-game currencies, and neither Slava nor Colbert is super interesting to me in the RB, so Vampire II it will be!

Max Immelmann is tempting, but I am a terrible CV player, so I will probably hold out in the hopes that Napoli or Druid become a coal ship. Ideally one for coal and one for FXP, as I have enough coal now for any Tier X ship, and I'll have enough FXP by then to do a 2M FXP ship (hoping they don't inflate FXP ship costs AGAIN).

I do like the daily rewards rework. Leroy Jenkins and the two IJN special commanders are welcome additions.

Hopefully we will get an Iron Cross permacamo for ZF-6 as well. ZF-6 looks like it may actually be pretty good, which is shocking for a dockyard ship.

I think the German 150mm DD line may end up playable (barely) if there is an armor tweak making them resistant to DD HE shells. Certainly DD players are going to need to learn to switch shells when fighting them when possible.

I'm a bit pleased that the Iowa is having the hull upgrades streamlined, as I'm grinding that line now.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn
  • Cool 2

[WOLF8]
Members
745 posts
9,673 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Please don't put that idea into WGee's head!  :Smile-angry:

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,276 posts
13,651 battles
42 minutes ago, VostroyanAdmiral said:

>You will be able to complete 19 out of 22 phases

Man, I am tired of it being X/Y stages instead of Y/Y. Make it so you can complete all stages for free at a reasonable pace (Unlike that fiasco with the Puerto Rico) and you will have a player base that will like you, just a little bit more.

The PR and subsequent dockyards are completely different imo. At least you have transparency into what you need to spend if you want the ship as opposed to the PR. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have a t9 premium cost something. And for 5k dubs I’d say it’s fair.

In a different note, sad pepes the vampire is in the rb. The last resource I hoped she get priced with

[ARGSY]
Members
25,092 posts
19,133 battles
2 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

In a different note, sad pepes the vampire is in the rb. The last resource I hoped she get priced with

Accumulate enough FXP and you can power through that grind by researching the hulls only, reset, repeat. At the end, buy the ships back and cash the points in with easy co-op battles.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[ARGSY]
Members
25,092 posts
19,133 battles
25 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Nope, this wasn't announced though it makes sense. Do ya think WG will reset any captain assigned to the Z-23 with this change? Someone's boat will be rocked by this...

They haven't said anything along those lines, which makes me think the answer is no. The real question is whether you would re-spec into the new version of BFT if you had the 128's in the current 150's layout, and the Public Test Server will help you answer that question before deciding to spend resources on a reset.

11 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

To be fair, the 203 layout was what she was always intended to go to war with; the 155's were only ever a ruse to help mask the fact that the ships were treaty-breakers from the very first draft.

[KWF]
Members
6,559 posts
7,157 battles
8 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Leroy Jenkins?

Who greenlighted that?

Probably the same one that had Steven Seagal do his lines through a mobile phone :Smile_trollface:.

Actually my weird conspiracy on this is that someone will try looking up images of Leroy of World of Warcraft fame, but due to the acronyms being same with the exception of an S (WOWS vs WOW) they will get our Leroy as a result. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by warheart1992

Members
167 posts
28,023 battles

I see the 1000 ECXP has disappeared from the daily missions. Thanks a pant load WG for making the grind to get my 19 point commanders up to 21 points even longer.:cap_fainting:

[WOLFG]
Members
13,256 posts
12,507 battles
5 minutes ago, ET1_Allen said:

I see the 1000 ECXP has disappeared from the daily missions. Thanks a pant load WG for making the grind to get my 19 point commanders up to 21 points even longer.:cap_fainting:

I missed that.

That sucks.

[O_S_D]
Members
239 posts
20,179 battles

All these changes AND a blonde Dasha!  What is the world coming to?

[-TAF-]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts

Just so you guys know, it say Leroy Jenkins, not Leeroy. It's this guy more likely. :Smile_hiding:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leroy_Jenkins_(musician)

"The Kidd’s crew earned a total of eight battle stars and was involved in numerous World War Two battles. “That means nose to nose, or eyeball to eyeball or dirty fighting, you know, for three or four hours. And somebody’s going to get killed on there”, says Leroy Jenkins. He served on the USS Kidd in the 1950’s.

He recalls the first time he saw the crew hoist the skull and bones of the Jolly Roger flag. “I get on this ship here and all these guys look like pirates themselves. These guys had long beards, big knives on their sides. I couldn’t believe it.”"

The guy served on the Kidd.

• Cool 3