Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Depraved_Miscreant

Subs are coming

66 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

109
[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
383 posts
10,222 battles

Subs are coming for like 2 years already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,447
Members
690 posts
20 battles

Well they did say on stream a few days ago, that subs have been retested and are ready for release.  They also said that support CV's are being developed, with gimmicks to be announced at some point, plus missile development has been resumed!  I am personally extremely excited to see all of these things, so great news imo.  Apparently there is a Waterline video coming out imminently with this info.

Also, those screenshots look absolutely gorgeous!

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
430
[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,343 posts
18,848 battles

People might throw a fit over subs being added, but you cannot discredit the art and graphics department's amazing work. :Smile_medal:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
763
[-AFK-]
Members
1,357 posts
16,499 battles
13 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

Well they did say on stream a few days ago, that subs have been retested and are ready for release.  They also said that support CV's are being developed, with gimmicks to be announced at some point, plus missile development has been resumed!  I am personally extremely excited to see all of these things, so great news imo.  Apparently there is a Waterline video coming out imminently with this info.

Also, those screenshots look absolutely gorgeous!

You made my night sir with all this great news!

  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,666
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,021 posts
10,383 battles

I'm at best ambivalent about subs coming to the game, very little faith that WG will manage to balance them properly (which includes fun too, not just damage numbers in their spreadsheet)

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,451
[SIMP]
Members
1,695 posts

Unless something has changed since the public tests - sub game play is TERRIBLE.

So sad, the graphics are beautiful, but actual play in game is GARBAGE.

  • Cool 9
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,218
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,453 posts
1 minute ago, capncrunch21 said:

Unless something has changed since the public tests - sub game play is TERRIBLE.

So sad, the graphics are beautiful, but actual play in game is GARBAGE.

It is very likely that some things have changed.  It's been quite a while since the last test.

  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,099
[KWF]
Members
6,567 posts
7,175 battles
29 minutes ago, vak_ said:

I'm at best ambivalent about subs coming to the game, very little faith that WG will manage to balance them properly (which includes fun too, not just damage numbers in their spreadsheet)

With a string of successes like CV rework and skill rework, I have absolute faith that this one will be good too :Smile_hiding:.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,315
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,878 posts

Many of my ships have ASW ability against a future where Subs will show up. Its no problem at all. Not afraid of subs, they should be afraid of the ASW ships.

The Bogue was in that role shadowing a convoy to be protected and keeping the german Uboats under or sunk themselves.

I can almost see a future this year where submarines hide under strong AA hulls above while planes are melted trying to get to the subs.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
753
[P-V-E]
Members
1,811 posts
26 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Unless something has changed since the public tests - sub game play is TERRIBLE.

The public test were not really representative, a limited number of players actually playing at any one time, a limited number of ships with cursory ASW capability, limited to a single tier thus minimal diversity, mechanics far from set in stone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,666
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,021 posts
10,383 battles
1 minute ago, b101uk said:

The public test were not really representative

I hope so, because submarines were broken beyond belief last time they were on the live server.

  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,390
[-BCO-]
Members
2,924 posts
5,022 battles
2 minutes ago, b101uk said:

... limited to a single tier...... 

Which could be a viable way to introduce them... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
753
[P-V-E]
Members
1,811 posts
Just now, vak_ said:

I hope so, because submarines were broken beyond belief last time they were on the live server.

People still say that of CV's being broken beyond belief....

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,666
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,021 posts
10,383 battles
5 minutes ago, b101uk said:

People still say that of CV's being broken beyond belief....

CVs are broken. But subs were even more broken, to the point where it was almost impossible for a DD to sink a sub captained by a good player. 

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,390
[-BCO-]
Members
2,924 posts
5,022 battles
1 minute ago, b101uk said:

People still say that of CV's being broken beyond belief....

Well, not beyond belief, but they are broken.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
753
[P-V-E]
Members
1,811 posts
1 minute ago, OP_CVNT said:

And almost nobody wants them.

Many people want them, some people are just in denial about them having a place.

  • Cool 4
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,064
[TIMT]
Members
1,780 posts
28 minutes ago, b101uk said:

The public test were not really representative, a limited number of players actually playing at any one time, a limited number of ships with cursory ASW capability, limited to a single tier thus minimal diversity, mechanics far from set in stone. 

Yet those people playing there describe the experience as boring from the subs perspective, and meh to bad from the ships perspective. I mean, come one, if something cool, new and shiny like subs can't keep the masses flocking to the PTS, then either PTS is a bad concept, or subs are just not that great in the game in their last implementation.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[MEME]
Beta Testers
195 posts
4,034 battles
1 hour ago, crazyrom said:

Subs are coming for like 2 years already.

Pretty much.. i been waiting for so long...

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
753
[P-V-E]
Members
1,811 posts
5 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

Yet those people playing there describe the experience as boring from the subs perspective, and meh to bad from the ships perspective. I mean, come one, if something cool, new and shiny like subs can't keep the masses flocking to the PTS, then either PTS is a bad concept, or subs are just not that great in the game in their last implementation.

in the main people don't flock to the PTS, its to the point that that the data that the PTS provides is of limited use for balancing etc, and if you go back to when sub tests were active many people were saying most games were mostly full of bots and not players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,277
[CAAT]
Members
2,245 posts
5,159 battles
30 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

With a string of successes like CV rework and skill rework, I have absolute faith that this one will be good too :Smile_hiding:.

I hate to say it, but you're probably right to be....cautious. Optimistic, always! But cautiously optimistic, given the recent slew of mind-bogglingly poor decisions that have come outta WG.

Such as, but not limited to:

CV rework, AA rework, Captain Skills Rework, California and Oklahoma SUPER unnecessary nerfs, USN Splitline BB implementation and their obsession with loooong reloads (no one wants 40s reload lols), current Italian BB implementation (so many negatives just for SAP), Thunderer in general (it's BEYOND overtuned, it's still nuts), powercreep ships in general (like the new Hyuga vs California, good god), nerfing of things that don't need nerfing at all in general (like that poor upcoming German split destroyer line, they just keep nerfing them), Dead Eye's implementation specifically, the absolute trashing of secondaries accuracy (via Manual Secondaries nerf) even though secondaries builds were a meme at best pre-0.10.0, selling tier X premium ship for doubloons (I still think ARP Yamato should have just been a permacamo for 5k doubloons like they did with ARP Musashi camo), and of course, we can't forget the infamous Puerto Rico event, etc. I'm certain I missed some stuff.

Once again, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this game (which is why I harp about these things!), but there are definitely some QUESTIONABLE decisions being made by WG management and/or the BALANS department.

WG's Art department however continues to knock it out of the park almost every time. They're honestly doing a fantastic job. <3

But yeah, subs? I'm cautiously optimistic about their inclusion honestly, but I'm far more concerned about how balanced they will actually be...I know they've been testing it and everything since the last public test, but...we'll see.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,306
[UNHLY]
Members
3,416 posts
26,121 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

missile development has been resumed

Where / when ? and absolutely NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MISSILES

and just in case the WOWS MODS missed it 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MISSILESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
763
[-AFK-]
Members
1,357 posts
16,499 battles
19 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

I hate to say it, but you're probably right to be....cautious. Optimistic, always! But cautiously optimistic, given the recent slew of mind-bogglingly poor decisions that have come outta WG.

Such as, but not limited to:

CV rework, AA rework, Captain Skills Rework, California and Oklahoma SUPER unnecessary nerfs, USN Splitline BB implementation and their obsession with loooong reloads (no one wants 40s reload lols), current Italian BB implementation (so many negatives just for SAP), Thunderer in general (it's BEYOND overtuned, it's still nuts), powercreep ships in general (like the new Hyuga vs California, good god), nerfing of things that don't need nerfing at all in general (like that poor upcoming German split destroyer line, they just keep nerfing them), Dead Eye's implementation specifically, the absolute trashing of secondaries accuracy (via Manual Secondaries nerf) even though secondaries builds were a meme at best pre-0.10.0, selling tier X premium ship for doubloons (I still think ARP Yamato should have just been a permacamo for 5k doubloons like they did with ARP Musashi camo), and of course, we can't forget the infamous Puerto Rico event, etc. I'm certain I missed some stuff.

Once again, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this game (which is why I harp about these things!), but there are definitely some QUESTIONABLE decisions being made by WG management and/or the BALANS department.

WG's Art department however continues to knock it out of the park almost every time. They're honestly doing a fantastic job. <3

But yeah, subs? I'm cautiously optimistic about their inclusion honestly, but I'm far more concerned about how balanced they will actually be...I know they've been testing it and everything since the last public test, but...we'll see.

Man, I know you speak the truth but I am in coolaid city here, give me some more content War Gaming, 
Praise be RNGeezus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×