You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Finally saw the mythical Max Immilman.

30 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts

He came in low over the water on my broadside OH.  Splashes showing the path of doom as they speed to the deck.

Booooommmm 

Captain wants damage info.

Sir there was loss than 6 k on 4 bombs.

He came back with torps, seemed like standard German no damage torps.

All the shrieking is over rated.  The bounce bombs are hard to use and useless on anything but broadside ships.

Dont care if your a hater and dont care if you want to shreak and do all the normal CV hate garbage.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 6

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,453 posts

One dropped on me in a cruiser a while ago.  Month or more maybe.  I saw the bombs skipping across the water and they looked like if I timed it right, they might just bounce right over the top of my ship.  I tried it and either I failed to time it right or it's not possible, they hit me.  I don't recall the exact damage but it wasn't devastating or anything.

The visual is pretty cool to see them come skipping in.

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
48 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

One dropped on me in a cruiser a while ago.  Month or more maybe.  I saw the bombs skipping across the water and they looked like if I timed it right, they might just bounce right over the top of my ship.  I tried it and either I failed to time it right or it's not possible, they hit me.  I don't recall the exact damage but it wasn't devastating or anything.

The visual is pretty cool to see them come skipping in.

It did look wicket cool. They do bounce very high.

Guessing if you just turn in they will miss.

Once they come out and we see a few more we will get a better idea.

Either way its not the Dev strike the forums say.

Edit:  the torps are Graff Zeppelin.

I dont think its got rockets so good luck with DD.

Edited by jags_domain

[TRW]
Beta Testers
221 posts
22,228 battles

Just be glad it wasnt an off map lancaster

• Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,590 posts
28,974 battles
33 minutes ago, digger52 said:

As long as you're not driving a Tirpitz, you've no worries.

• Funny 1

[TRW]
Beta Testers
221 posts
22,228 battles

lancaster 617 squadron pilot having just watched croc. dundee " call that a bouncing bomb, now THIS is a bouncing bomb"

RAF Lancaster dambuster

• Cool 1

[LWA]
Members
1,366 posts
15,829 battles
2 hours ago, jags_domain said:

He came in low over the water on my broadside OH.  Splashes showing the path of doom as they speed to the deck.

Booooommmm 

Captain wants damage info.

Sir there was loss than 6 k on 4 bombs.

He came back with torps, seemed like standard German no damage torps.

All the shrieking is over rated.  The bounce bombs are hard to use and useless on anything but broadside ships.

Dont care if your a hater and dont care if you want to shreak and do all the normal CV hate garbage.

I had only run in with that CV while playing a cruiser.  The skip bombs actually skipped over my ship......yay

• Cool 2

[SR-_-]
Members
4,910 posts
46,424 battles
2 hours ago, jags_domain said:

So technically, what you are saying, the skip bombers are more jiggly bombers than anything else? Just sail under it like a limbo party and you are safe?

Jiggly Bombers. 

I bet that nickname sticks.:cap_haloween:

[PVE]
Members
8,805 posts
25,095 battles
7 hours ago, jags_domain said:

The only 1 I saw I was in a DD & he got the kill on me...eventually.

I was parked in smoke & got hydroed by a pesky RN DD & was down to scratch HP after dodging quite a few previous attempts from him to get me (he never hit me before that & was trying a bunch) but I was being shot up by his team while he was periodically spotting me on & off all game...but that's just standard CV stuff...nothing special there in regards to that CV in particular.

WASD hax & toggling off the AA each pass makes it easy to avoid the skip bombs unless your starting from a standstill & the planes are right on you (him & the RN DD either intentionally timed it together or just had perfect timing on their own)...but he wasn't just concentrating me all game either...3/4 of the way through the game & he attacked me 6 or 7 (individual attacks...not 6 or 7 squadrons) times throughout the match...I think only 2 of them were from the same squadron).

I was in Kagero I believe & was actually taunting him occasionally (by actions...not in chat) by turning on my AA when he was attacking other ships. It was on Atlantic map & I was behind the big island between A & B a lot while contesting B on & off all game...so it's not like I was giving my position away while out in the open...& I was only doing it to torp planes...he was only trying to attack me when he had skippers loaded.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,581 posts
29,584 battles

Mosquitoes dropping Highball bombs

[-TKS-]
Members
1,161 posts
9,158 battles

Yeah, no.

Skip bombers are the perfect anti CV weapon for a Unicum CV player. You can drop outside cap fighter range, drop a fighter for your bro dived yammy's, and the CV can't turn.

If they release as is I will make it hell on earth for all red CVs

[-VT-]
Members
1,354 posts
30,953 battles

I have seen lot, for some reason I get lots of CV games; anyway they have be very effective every time I got hit the skip bombs started a double fire.  The ones a l have play against were taking our big ships at a rapid rate. To me in my observation its a really strong CV, twice I have seen them get krakens, one win and one loss for that CV in those two games. 

In a DD as long as I am in a nimble one,  you can doge the skip much of the time.

[BFL]
Members
20 posts

Is going to be in the armory for coal in the next update, so I guess we'll see a lot of them

[DVYJC]
Members
4,420 posts
11,786 battles

Interestingly like Manfred von Richtofen, it seems like German CVs in general are the ones you're horrified to see as a cruiser or battleship, but relieved to see as a destroyer. 

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
9 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

So technically, what you are saying, the skip bombers are more jiggly bombers than anything else? Just sail under it like a limbo party and you are safe?

Jiggly Bombers. 

I bet that nickname sticks.:cap_haloween:

It would be very cool to wat h the bombs go over you.

Crew pointing up Gormer Piyle saying gee sarge!   Whats that!

[NUWES]
Members
3,486 posts
13,164 battles

I was just watching  @ReimuBakarei's youtube video on it here:

Spoiler

To sum it up, he said the torpedoes are basically GZ's torps, she just drops 4 of them and has a short arming distance for them. If so, they aren't that fast and they don't have a high flooding chance. 

The TLDR for people who don't want to watch the video is:

* Max needs to hit you broadside even more so than the normal German CVs because she has no DBs. She only has skip bombers (SB's)and TBs so proper angling  neuters her damage a lot.

* The SBs need a good bit of run up time and arming distance although you can just drop and try to hit on the first bounce for less damage rather than the third for max damage (pun intended. lol). A side benefit of the long run up distance for the bombs is they have little to fear from short-ranged AA. 

* Max isn't good at dealing with DDs due to the above. It seems like it is probably even worse at DD management than the regular German CVs as it doesn't even have faster torpedoes to compensate. 

* The SBs need to drop down low for the skipping to work and islands nearby screw up the attack run. This is a similar problem that German CVs and their rocket planes have so this isn't really news. 

* Her AA suite is apparently pretty weak by CV standards and he said she is very vulnerable to CV sniping. 

Edited by Tzarevitch
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,778 posts
22,304 battles

The people you saw playing MI weren't the best CV players. It's going to be a really nasty ship in clan battles, as it can just stack DOTS on top of bow in ships.

I hope you like being on fire.

[A-D-F]
9,453 posts
43 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

The people you saw playing MI weren't the best CV players. It's going to be a really nasty ship in clan battles, as it can just stack DOTS on top of bow in ships.

I hope you like being on fire.

DOTS tend to be too slow for CB.  If you want to set things on fire, Audacious will do it in spades.  CB tends to need ships dead, right now, not in a little while.

I am excited for the new CV, but I doubt it's going to be the new CB go to CV.

[-REI-]
WoWS Community Contributors
58 posts
5,738 battles
51 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

I was just watching  @ReimuBakarei's youtube video on it here:

Reveal hidden contents

To sum it up, he said the torpedoes are basically GZ's torps, she just drops 4 of them and has a short arming distance for them. If so, they aren't that fast and they don't have a high flooding chance. 

The TLDR for people who don't want to watch the video is:

* Max needs to hit you broadside even more so than the normal German CVs because she has no DBs. She only has skip bombers (SB's)and TBs so proper angling  neuters her damage a lot.

* The SBs need a good bit of run up time and arming distance although you can just drop and try to hit on the first bounce for less damage rather than the third for max damage (pun intended. lol). A side benefit of the long run up distance for the bombs is they have little to fear from short-ranged AA. 

* Max isn't good at dealing with DDs due to the above. It seems like it is probably even worse at DD management than the regular German CVs as it doesn't even have faster torpedoes to compensate. 

* The SBs need to drop down low for the skipping to work and islands nearby screw up the attack run. This is a similar problem that German CVs and their rocket planes have so this isn't really news. 

* Her AA suite is apparently pretty weak by CV standards and he said she is very vulnerable to CV sniping. 

Well said and thanks for watching my vid.

I think she's in an okay spot right now. Not the best but not the worst and definitely some skill requirement in this CV. The skip bombers need some time to get used to. We'll see how good she is in CB but imo she'll probably only be a Randoms and Ranked potato clubber. She's capable of getting high damage games but she needs broadsides to make it happen. 

Edited by ReimuBakarei

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,651 posts
26,547 battles
15 hours ago, digger52 said:

[Nervous Tirpitz Noises]

50 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

DOTS tend to be too slow for CB.  If you want to set things on fire, Audacious will do it in spades.  CB tends to need ships dead, right now, not in a little while.

I am excited for the new CV, but I doubt it's going to be the new CB go to CV.

What's the preferred CB Carrier?  Hakuryu?

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[A-D-F]
9,453 posts
20 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

[Nervous Tirpitz Noises]

The meta shifts around but down in the lower leagues where I have been, it's usually Midway/FDR.  You do see some Haks/Rich as well. 

DOT focused CVs like the Audacious are much less popular because while a ship might have a death sentence on it's head, until it's actually dead, it's still doing damage to your team.

I am not sure about the more advanced leagues.

• Cool 1

[USN]
Members
1,709 posts
21,689 battles
46 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Anything but Audacious. At higher leagues Haku and FDR distance themselves from Midway

• Cool 1

[SR-_-]
Members
4,910 posts
46,424 battles
5 hours ago, jags_domain said:

It would be very cool to wat h the bombs go over you.

Crew pointing up Gormer Piyle saying gee sarge!   Whats that!

I really want that nickname to stick.

Jiggly Bombers. 

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
14 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I really want that nickname to stick.

Jiggly Bombers. 

You could make a theme song for it.  Getten jiggy with it!

I Was thinking Bouncing Betty's.