Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cantgobacknow

Battleships for people who like the Giulio Cesare

18 comments in this topic

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,495 posts
18,163 battles

I think it is too early to determine anything for you

related to the topic:

so far, you only play 6 battles in the GC, and out of that 6, you had 3 looses. You played 34 battles in the NM and had 16 looses. You still new to the game, don't advanced too quickly, but spend time played more battles at the same tier or lower tier to get more experiences, understand the game mechanic, skills required to go at higher tier, and mentally preparing for higher tier game play.

in-related:

the evidence I know you are still new is that you don't even know how to add skills to your captain. you still need a deep gap of learning Or intention to troll.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,703 posts
6,746 battles
44 minutes ago, cantgobacknow said:

I quite like playing my Giulio Cesare, what other battleships might I enjoy? Does the American line play / feel similar?

What do you like about GC?  Its speed?  Its stealth? 

Your question is hard to answer without more information.

[CVA16]
Members
6,743 posts
20,805 battles
44 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Maybe just another BB that is OP for its tier.

[TFFOX]
Members
1,125 posts
4,132 battles
1 minute ago, Sabot_100 said:

Maybe just another BB that is OP for its tier.

So than Nikolai? georgia? pre-rework massachusetts?

[G-O-W]
Members
1,099 posts
3,207 battles

GC is a bit unusual, it has decent speed and maneuverability for its tier, good stealth and accuracy that ranges from railgun precision to Bismarck drunk gunners scatter shot every salvo. It's let down a bit by squishy armour, no aircraft and the usual comical secondary accuracy. A great ship for killing cruisers and supporting Higher tier BBs, it's AA is ok as well but it's going to be blatted quickly by any higher tier BBs.

[WOLFG]
Members
253 posts
4,439 battles

to be quite frank, Cesare has analogy in any of tech trees with the closest probably being the tier 6 Italian bb Andrea Doria. The biggest difference between the 2 is Cesare is much much more accurate. 

Like others have asked, is there one specific aspect of Cesare that you like or do like the whole package that Cesar brings because without that knowledge it is pretty hard to recommend a line/ ships. 

[CVA16]
Members
6,743 posts
20,805 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

So than Nikolai? georgia? pre-rework massachusetts?

Probably, but you can't go back in time so it has to be something that is currently good AND available. Musashi was great. Georgia is still available. 

[WOLFG]
Members
253 posts
4,439 battles
2 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Probably, but you can't go back in time so it has to be something that is currently good AND available. Musashi was great. Georgia is still available. 

Georgia was pulled from sale during patch 10.1.  

[TFFOX]
Members
1,125 posts
4,132 battles
2 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Georgia is still available. 

*cough*

cough.thumb.png.a25dfdfa71ec112d38caa0a1bb945bf6.png

[CVA16]
Members
6,743 posts
20,805 battles
1 hour ago, cantgobacknow said:

Does the American line play / feel similar?

The US line is in no-way similar. Generally slow and plodding until higher tiers (and  the line split that stays that way). Georgia is better than the Iowa (and Missouri is not available). Montana slows down a bit and really doesn't play at all the same.

[CVA16]
Members
6,743 posts
20,805 battles
3 minutes ago, cheekywarship2018 said:

Georgia was pulled from sale during patch 10.1.  

OOPS. Already have mine so I guess I didn't notice. Are there any good premiums left out there?

Edited by Sabot_100

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,461 posts
1 minute ago, Sabot_100 said:

OOPS. Already have mine so I guess I didn't notice. Are there any good premiums left out there?

TON of new ones in the pipe and on the way.  As the WoWs turns.

Members
88 posts
498 battles
5 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

I think it is too early to determine anything for you

related to the topic:

so far, you only play 6 battles in the GC, and out of that 6, you had 3 looses. You played 34 battles in the NM and had 16 looses. You still new to the game, don't advanced too quickly, but spend time played more battles at the same tier or lower tier to get more experiences, understand the game mechanic, skills required to go at higher tier, and mentally preparing for higher tier game play.

in-related:

the evidence I know you are still new is that you don't even know how to add skills to your captain. you still need a deep gap of learning Or intention to troll.

I've had the game for about 9 years. Just returned from a 2 year break. So you'll excuse me if I don't remember all of the UI.

I've hundreds of battles, probably thousands, just none in the last 2 years.

The thing with being stuck at low tiers is I HATE playing ships that I don't like the appearance of. Aesthetics are more important to me than anything else.

and who cares that I'm new back? How is that relevent in any way to my question?

Edited by cantgobacknow

Members
690 posts
20 battles

So you want to know the best battleships for people who like their battleships to be incredibly overpowered?

GC is fast, maneuverable, tanky, reasonably accurate with lots of guns.  It's the most OP ship in the game, especially when combined with a 21pt Sansonetti (at which point cruisers are no longer to be referred to as cruisers, they must be referred to as "far reaches").  Probably the closest analogous ship to it's playstyle would be Bourgogne, which is also quite OP.  Georgia is similar in quite a few respects as well, but is also quite OP (and also removed from sale, like GC).  I think there might be a pattern here!

I'm trying to think of other ships that play similarly but aren't OP, but really when you give BB's all the most important traits at once, they do tend to be OP.

[187]
Members
443 posts
2,271 battles

The German tier 5 Konig is fun. She can stand up to a GC very well and if your a decent Capt, Defeat a GC. Some like the Izmail but I had issues with it. The Russian tier 5 BB is very good as a brawler and she is fast. HMS Warspite is fun. I didn't care for IJN Fuso. French Normandy is a good DD and cruiser Killer but Sir, please watch your broadside as she can't brawl well at all. Italian Andrea Doria looks great is fast and turns quick but her guns are just whako!  The shells hit everything but what your aiming at.

Members
88 posts
498 battles
32 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

So you want to know the best battleships for people who like their battleships to be incredibly overpowered?

I don't believe I said anything like that, no.

Members
88 posts
498 battles
4 hours ago, Helstrem said:

It's speed, and turrent rotation I guess isn't horrible. I wouldn't know if it's stealthy or not.

Sign in to follow this