You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Upcoming Captain skill rebork

13 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles

Set your imagination loose. What would definitely break the game?

1) Nuclear shell. Needs to hit citadel to do damage, plus 2-min reload time. But if it hits, it ends the match at once, win for the team that had this guy, player gets additional 10,000 base XP, and can choose which of the enemy players' earnings he wants to steal

2) CVs upgraded with Star Trek module can now dive unless launching planes. Only submarines can find and hit them when submerged.

3) Torpedo Mines. Undetected DDs can leave these little pricks behind and when an enemy ship wanders within its seeking range (defined at within 75% of its max torpedo distance) it activates and chases the ship. (mine like this in BF 2142).

4) Time Stone Secondaries: 0.1 second reload time on 50% of the ship's secondary batteries, all of which are chosen at random.

5) Magic Fire. Literally, makes it seem your ship is on fire but no HP ticking away.

Now, what would definitely upset/irritate players?

1) T4 CE skill is now required before you can use Priority Sector reinforcement

2) 5% of the Kraken, who will throw out all ships from caps for the 8 minutes he's there. Destructible head but it requires 100 torpedo hits or 2000 MB hits (either, but not both) to explode.

3) Getting rammed by a CV puts a 1000 doubloons service cost on your account

4) Skilled-based requirement added. Now you must get 1800 base XP in a battle or you pay an extra 75,000 credit service cost (same as operations) to remove the 30-min wait before can battle with it again. Newer players will be miffed!

• Funny 1
  • Haha 3

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts

Lets really make the forum explode.  

Some maps have airfields.  When a cap is taken the airfield is activated.  A perm cap is put up and torp and DB sq take off and auto attack. 

[CAAT]
Members
2,245 posts
5,159 battles
6 hours ago, Reymu said:

1) T4 CE skill is now required before you can use Priority Sector reinforcement

lols, this literally makes NO sense at all, ahahahaha!!!!

Sailor Moon Crystal Failures

Edited by SaiIor_Moon

[SR-_-]
Members
4,904 posts
46,416 battles

Attack skills

Rasengan torpedoes for DDs. 1 in 4 torpedoes is a Rasengan and if it hits, will destroy a ship with detonation. Negates signals. 

Set Fire, to the Rain(may be subject to copyright infringement), set fires like you were born a pyromaniac. 1000% chance, except Smolensk 10%

Pull my Finger for BBs, AP shell damage 300% boost.

Death From Above for CVs, AP, HE Bomb, Torpedo damage 300% boost. 

Defensive skills

Wall of Fury, AA base DPM 10000% for sector. 

Torpedo bouncy, bouncy-  torps bounce off like marshmallows off of a Buick.

Full Impulse Power Damn You! Ship speed increased by 2000%

Disco is Back for cruisers, one second rudder shift time. 

Fire department, Reduce fire chance to zero on BBs. 

Cloaking device, CVs concealment is now 1km assured and can easily be right next to you and still bomb you. No detect by sea or air. No sniping ever again. Haha. Even team can't see the CV. They only know it is there because of lineup. LOL

Raspberry Jam, radar jam your favorite radar cruiser for 10 minutes at a time with an extra consumable. DD skill only. DDs can thank me later. LOL

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,864 posts

I would absolutely love the nuclear shell.

From what I understand three of the IOWAS had their magazines retrofitted to hold about I think 33 rounds exactly for each turret above them. Extra marine gaurds, various command and control of these nukes were implemented from gunners mate all the way to Flag Quarters far above who have their own nuclear war procedures to NMCC and NATO Command etc.

I played a online game called COD. And one game system features a nuclear bomb given to someone who has made 25 kills without dying. WHich is a pretty good feat. However the alarms, prenuke and so on with the overall experience of the bomb hitting your city block with you wherever you are as your vision turns to pure white and the implied being cremated in the fireball is pretty gun as a game product sequence. Beautiful even on good video cards and fast systems.

The server deems the game over after the nuke sequence is over. Its pretty well done.

Another game product called World in Conflict has nuclear weapons. Accurately modeled as well. I once played a online game against a public room of opponets. One in particular was a very top player who is known for building tank terror within the game world of WIC. Here comes many tanks down the highway halfway down the map world to our own main spawn. If they got all the way through and started killing us all its essentially spawn [edited] and game over.

I had considered the battle situation as hordes of enemy tanks left their main base on the way. I realized that I can form and buy a ARMY of rocket soldiers. Anti tankers essentially. By virtue they can also handle their own air defense in masse. I bought and put the first thousand anti tank troops into a particular small city halfway down the map that the Tank Man and his ten thousand (So it seems) tanks must travel through to get to our own lands and eventually our main spawn to wallow in a orgy of spawn raping which will end the game in utter victory for him and his tean.

Well I kept adding more anti tankers in a hurry, pouring everything as I earned resources to convert and transport hundreds of troops into my town. OR city rather. I had by now assigned groups to each floors, to roofs, ditches, churches, gas stations, warehousing, bridges eveyrhing. .... I was driven by a story that I read about Russian Tank Defense Urban Style in a historical battle that actually happened when many German tanks tried to storm through a smaller village that happened to be in Russian Hands. The Russian Infantry had warning of whats coming and were able to organize their own special style of Russian tank defense, Urban Combat Mout style.

What I had now was 5000 rocket troops in everything they could fit in the entire junction city and crossroads absolutely trashing Tankman's rolling wave of tank terroir into a junkyard on three sides of my city. The forth was protected by friendly armor that massed on the far end and is plinking survivors of tank man from 200 meters across a open highway and rail bridge. There is no place for them to hide and so they died. My troops just spewed missiles until the server started stuttering with so many kills being racked up.

BZZZZZZ ALERT! NUKE IS LAUNCHED.

That tank man was completely and utterly defeated by myself in that blessed town full of anti tank people who also earned for themselvees a absolutely clear skies when a cloud of helicopters enough to darken the game sun at noon came in. They all died. (The missiles also were air defense as well, thousands of them) Then the fast strike bombers came in. They hit some of my infantry but were deleted when they passed my city and turned around to head for home slower. No more bombers.

BZAZZZT!!! NUCLEAR LAUNCH number two. My armor teammates Di'di'ed out of my far end and fled. Trying to put a mountain between themeselves and my city which by now is doomed.

One of them said yer effed. I just laughed and enjoyed the three nuclear attacks turning my entire city into three big smoking glowing craters and rubble.

Tank man deployed from his spawn now with a truly tusnami of tanks coming down. I had by then deployed tens of thousands of new rocket troops in three belts or lines in the woods and rubble ringing what was my nuke town. WIth the ocean on one side and mountains on the other, his tanks have to come down this way. Thats where I be waiting. The killing started all over again.

BZZZZZT NUKE ALERT.

I had piled up resources to replace all of my nuke losses and even bulk bigger with new forces. The more tanks he loses the eaiser for him to nuke my city (And now nuke the far side tank defense line stretching across three towns and two mountain ridges int he lower 1/3 of that game map.

In the end he never made it to our main spawn with all his tanks to create a spawn [edited] victorious situation. the nuclear bombs held everything in check, especially when my side started lobbing them towards the enemy team. Essentially all out nuclear war at that point. Blue missiles pass red outgoing missiles. Both mix together and detonate among themselves. I learned to quit buying more of the Anti Armor troops as they will just only fry in the constant nuking that gets boring and tiresome after a few hours.

We laughed bitterly when tankman getting tired made a small mistake. A horde of tanks came out of his main spawn at the top of our map going down to our own. Two nuclear weapons deleted all of them in a few moments. Game time and so ofrth was compressed. However that represented a very heavy lift in tanks. Poof all gone. You quit laughing when you feel that nausea at the costs of such a effort easily wiped up by nuclear bombs. Dont even bother with tanks anymore, just keep launching nukes. The team that maintains a income sufficient to support endless nukes gets to win.

Yes indeed. Funny how we humans adapt. One of ours was a Marine. He put together amphibious tanks with their own rocketry infantry and associated airdefense in bulk. Hid them in a forest near our main with no revealing until they poured down into the ocean and took the first of two islands between them and tankman's Main spawn.

The tankman's pause as he considered that he is now losing his main spawn as soon all those swimming tanks waded ashore on the beaches below the property edge of the main spawn for their entire team equals victory for us. It only took about 4 more hours to make it happen.

Edited by xHeavy

[SR-_-]
Members
4,904 posts
46,416 battles
24 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

lols, this literally makes NO sense at all, ahahahaha!!!!

Sailor Moon Crystal Failures

Tuxedo Mask Locator. Mount skill so that dude is easily found. Still MIA. Last seen with MIA, then SIA, then Mama Mia set for yet another sequel. I want that guy's airline points. 

[SR-_-]
Members
4,904 posts
46,416 battles

Warship Gunner had nukes in some version or they renamed them something else. But it being a 1 player game, it got boring as to what you can nuke. Because surface ship nukes are actually useless. It was proven at Bikini Atoll tests that surface air burst didn't sink, but largely irradiated the fleet. A properly shielded fleet could survive that anyway if such nukes were commonplace. 

The test did reveal was that underwater detonation was far better. it sank all of it in one go with just a few straggler ships that seemed to be lucky or built in such a way that they would not sink that way either. 

That lead to one conclusion: nukes are only well implemented on land. But that is not suitable in war as land is the goal. To destroy the very asset you want to take is madness. 

So the nuclear shell was retired and deactivated. 

Nukes, for all their destructive power are still dirty. The mess is cancer for decades around the world even if the drop was an isolated spot. Because the trade winds carry the radiation and distribute it all over. No one is safe from the fall out be they on the far side or in a bunker. It is time, exposure, and the diseases that come from it. Genetic damage, destruction of the ecosystem, and eventually we run out of stuff to even sustain ourselves. 

All because of a nuke. Nope. 

Fun in games, yeah. 

But a war doctrine in real. Absolutely stupid.

That is why a Russian launch officer refused a launch order in the 80s. His sensors detected a launch and Moscow ordered a launch to retaliate. He refused on grounds that it does not make sense. 

It turns out that sunrise triggered the sensors and they needed calibration. The Launch officer may have been reprimanded for disobeying an order, but more than likely got a medal from averting the destruction of humanity. 

Common sense became uncommon valor.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

Members
780 posts
6,054 battles

*upgrade CV normal bombers to "AJ Savage bomber" that carry  nuclear bombs

*AA mounts replaced with laser beams, they dont deal damage, instead they creates a nice show of lights that  make enemy aircraft have 200% increased dispersion and a 5% chance per second to be destroyed  by giving its pilot a seizure.

*ISBA replaced with manual secondary skill. Player can only control Secondary guns,  main guns become automatic. 60% increaced dispersion to main guns, -150% to dispersion of secondary guns

*+20% to max speed, +30% to engine power, +40% to rudder shift, cant stop or use reverce and you are always spoted

hull becomes rubber, coliding with a ship or island will make you bouce back, -50% damage from ramming an enemy ship

Edited by pepe_trueno

[HINON]
Members
9,143 posts
13,597 battles
56 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Raspberry Jam, radar jam your favorite radar cruiser for 10 minutes at a time with an extra consumable. DD skill only. DDs can thank me later. LOL

my god that Spaceballs reference

Members
1,110 posts
13,358 battles

Here is something I posted a couple years ago in response to Lert having a discussion with another player regarding giving the USN some nuclear tipped shells.  This was before submarines, and way before Dutch ship line was a thing...

On 8/6/2019 at 6:10 AM, Lert said:

Ok, say this gets introduced. It won't, but say it does. What does every other nation get for equivalent superweapon? It is this a case of 'everything for the USN and screw any remote semblance of balance'?

"Quantity has a quality all its own"  USSR Superweapon.   When activated, 3 copies of your ship spawn.  Can only sail towards the enemy, as an AI-controlled NKVD ship also spawns behind them with team-killing torps loaded.

"The Sun Never Sets" RN Superweapon.  When activated, you colonize (aka take control over) an enemy ship.  Control is relinquished when the timer hits 4:00 (time for tea).

"Unrestricted Submarine Warfare" German Superweapon.  When activated, your ship immediately becomes a submarine.  Submarine stats TBD, but with no depth charges in the game you are looking pretty good unless the enemy has a Dreadnought on their team.

"The Maid of Orleans" French Superweapon.  When activated, all of your shells and torpedoes are guided by the hand of God and will always hit their target.  However, your ship is immediately subject to perma-fire, damage control on permanent cooldown.

"Tora, Tora, Tora" Japanese Superweapon.  When activated, all enemy commander skills are disabled for six minutes.  When the timer expires, all surviving enemy commander skills are restored at double strength.  If the battle has not ended in victory after twelve minutes your ship detonates (seppuku).

"Co-Belligerent" Italian Superweapon.  When activated, your ship changes sides.

"The Cycle of Rebirth" Pan-Asian Superweapon.  When activated, your sunken ship is reborn.  If you had played a good game your ship is reborn as Belfast.  If you had played a bad game your ship is reborn as Krasny Krim.

"When the levee breaks" Dutch Superweapon.  When activated, tsunami spreads out from your ship, causing flooding and module damage on all ships in its path.