You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Florida...

17 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,075 posts
22,336 battles

Read and decide for yourself. A good ship will feel bad if it' doesn't match your play style and a bad ship can be fun if it does.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,075 posts
22,336 battles
Just now, jags_domain said:

She is not happy about it.

It's a ship with big flaws and drawbacks, but she can still perform in the right circumstance.

[NGA-B]
Beta Testers
207 posts
11,494 battles
3 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Good, bad, or meh?

When it's in its own tier, it performs fine.  But when it's uptiered and double uptiered, you need to be a support ship with lots of friends around you.  I had a Florida match where I was double uptiered, we won and I finished first on the scoreboard because I was shooting T9 ships and I recall sinking one.  Definitely a situational BB.

[UNC]
Members
970 posts
6,563 battles

Meh.  I actually like Florida, but it requires a different play style from most BBs.  You can't really engage other BBs on equal footing - your armor is just too thin and your health pool too small.  Even kiting is dicey due to overmatch.  I play it mostly as a cruiser-killer; once their support is dead the remaining BBs become individually much weaker.  The guns are plenty accurate, though at only 356mm you don't have the advantage of overmatch the way other BBs in your tier spread will.  I have found that having a captain with the enhanced Expert Loader (Gun Feeder?) skill is hugely beneficial with Florida as it facilitates ammo swaps; you will likely find yourself using HE a fair bit because you only have 356mm guns.  In my experience if you play Florida to its strengths your team will likely not appreciate you much as you will look like a J-line BB coward.  But if you abuse the heck out of WASD and keep those guns singing Florida will do you well.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,607 posts
29,037 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Read and decide for yourself. A good ship will feel bad if it' doesn't match your play style...

Scharnhorst, Giulio Caesar, Leander >, North Carolina, MN destroyers...

...an exception is Akizuki, but not Kitakaze and Harugumo; both of which I dislike greatly.

...and a bad ship can be fun if it does.

Mutsuki, Emerald, Konigsburg, The Donut, Gallant, Viribus Unitus, New Mexico, Colorado...

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,075 posts
22,336 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The Donut

?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,075 posts
22,336 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

Krasny Kyrm = Kyrspy Kreme = The Donut

Underrated ship imo. I don't particularly enjoy her, but she's stronger than people give her credit for.

[SGSS]
Members
6,269 posts
3 hours ago, Uncle_Lou said:

Meh.  I actually like Florida, but it requires a different play style from most BBs.  You can't really engage other BBs on equal footing - your armor is just too thin and your health pool too small.  Even kiting is dicey due to overmatch.  I play it mostly as a cruiser-killer; once their support is dead the remaining BBs become individually much weaker.  The guns are plenty accurate, though at only 356mm you don't have the advantage of overmatch the way other BBs in your tier spread will.  I have found that having a captain with the enhanced Expert Loader (Gun Feeder?) skill is hugely beneficial with Florida as it facilitates ammo swaps; you will likely find yourself using HE a fair bit because you only have 356mm guns.  In my experience if you play Florida to its strengths your team will likely not appreciate you much as you will look like a J-line BB coward.  But if you abuse the heck out of WASD and keep those guns singing Florida will do you well.

I have changed my mind about ammo switch skill.  Most BB could really benefit from it.

Thanks for the info.

[MUG-T]
Members
785 posts
4,262 battles
On 4/11/2021 at 11:37 AM, Lert said:

Underrated ship imo. I don't particularly enjoy her, but she's stronger than people give her credit for.

At least while she had BFT and AFT that is

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,075 posts
22,336 battles
3 hours ago, frankfletcher_1 said:

At least while she had BFT and AFT that is

True.

[GRETA]
Members
1,499 posts
11,472 battles
On 4/11/2021 at 7:03 AM, jags_domain said:

Good, bad, or meh?

It behaves like a pre nerf Thunderer at t7 with lower alpha.  Stupid range and accuracy for its tier and although it lacks great fire chance you hit with so many shells you get fires regardless.  If you enjoy hiding at the back of the map while watching the world burn, she is the ship for you.

[SGSS]
Members
6,269 posts
18 hours ago, HallaSnackbar said:

It behaves like a pre nerf Thunderer at t7 with lower alpha.  Stupid range and accuracy for its tier and although it lacks great fire chance you hit with so many shells you get fires regardless.  If you enjoy hiding at the back of the map while watching the world burn, she is the ship for you.

I dont have a thunder.  She sounds interesting and different enough to make it worth while