Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Deadeye was great and I'm going to miss it.

81 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,658
[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,773 posts
22,265 battles

Deadeye made a lot of older ships like Roma playable again. Once it's gone, we're back to seeing endless Slava/ Thunderer divisions. 

Removing dead eye is going to set back more than half the battleships in the game, kill the entire Italian BB line, which is extremely deadeye dependent.

Already hard to kill cruisers like Petropavlovsk will become even stronger as people land less shells. Ships like Austin will no longer need to worry as much. In short, removing deadeye will open pandora's box of harder to hit cruisers.

This player fit over some marginal increase of accuracy shows how inflexible people are to game changes, and I bet you're going to miss Deadeye like crazy once you're knee deep in hybrid ships and european airstrike cruisers.

Mark my words, people will be fondly remembering the greatness of deadeye in only a matter of time.

 

Edited by Cit_the_bed
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 15
  • Meh 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
669 posts
24 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Deadeye made a lot of older ships like Roma playable again. Once it's gone, we're back to seeing endless Slava/ Thunderer divisions. 

Removing dead eye is going to set back more than half the battleships in the game, kill the entire Italian BB line, which is extremely deadeye dependent.

Already hard to kill cruisers like Petropavlovsk will become even stronger as people land less shells. Ships like Austin will no longer need to worry as much. In short, removing deadeye will open pandora's box of harder to hit cruisers.

This player fit over some marginal increase of accuracy shows how inflexible people are to game changes, and I bet you're going to miss Deadeye like crazy once you're knee deep in hybrid ships and european airstrike cruisers.

Mark my words, people will be fondly remembering the greatness of deadeye in only a matter of time.

 

omg can't make everyone happy.

Just do like I do roll with it.

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,217
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,450 posts

Get a Slava if you want to snipe?  Even Yoshi is pretty darned good from a distance.  It's like a mini Thunderer.

For all the talk about Roma, I honestly don't think I have seen a single one in a match, since the rework. In terms of every other BB....there wasn't some major problem and nobody played BBs, before dead eye was a thing.

No-one "needed" dead eye or complained that it didn't exist a few months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
311
[SCREW]
Members
435 posts
21,433 battles

If the change they were making made any kind of sense, I'd be all for it. But it doesn't. The biggest issue with dead eye is that players are sitting even farther back from the battle than they used to, but this new skill doesn't fix that issue because it has almost the same requirement to remain active. It really illustrates just how unaware the dev team are, and i wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a single one that actually plays the game themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,159
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,480 posts

Wasn't Dead Eye only a 10% dispersion decrease and then only under specific circumstances? This hardly seems like a game changer. A third of the ships you see in Randoms still don't have camo, which gives a 4% dispersion increase to ships firing at you, and don't seem to care about it.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,998
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,431 posts
14,946 battles
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Wasn't Dead Eye only a 10% dispersion decrease and then only under specific circumstances? This hardly seems like a game changer. A third of the ships you see in Randoms still don't have camo, which gives a 4% dispersion increase to ships firing at you, and don't seem to care about it.

I don't think they acted just on the players complaining. There are other factors involved in the quick reaction and just like with getting rid of open water stealth fire I think there are too many BB's with the skill. I think they should have changed the skill itself and here are a couple of thoughts on that, increase gun bloom to exceed reload, make the skill work even if enemy ships are visible but require the ship not be moving, or maybe have a minimum time of having the target targeted because the more time you put into the firing solution the better it is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,159
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,480 posts
11 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't think they acted just on the players complaining.

I just noticed that there is sort of a reverse deadeye skill too that increases dispersion by 10%. I put that on my De Grasse just now and it really worked well. I survived the entirety of a tier VIII match-up, which is something in one of the least-played ships in the game when low-tiered. I had 650,000 potential damage, pretty good for a 30,000 hit point ship.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,998
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,431 posts
14,946 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I just noticed that there is sort of a reverse deadeye skill too that increases dispersion by 10%. I put that on my De Grasse just now and it really worked well. I survived the entirety of a tier VIII match-up, which is something in one of the least-played ships in the game when low-tiered. I had 650,000 potential damage, pretty good for a 30,000 hit point ship.

 

 

This brings up something good about the new skills is for every skill there is a counter skill.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,313
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,863 posts

I had trouble with the Georgias guns. Loose.

If I sit the ship on a land or rocks even. Where it wont move much.

Shoot.

The rounds will arrive. I am working on the thoery that their recent patch and advertised "Beautification" of the game for many machines that will change the situation a little it.

The source I think of my trouble is when I shoot the main battery in camera view and see the whole thing twist or rock rather sway etc

Those rounds are going to be a bit sloppy on arrival. Into open waters AROUND the target.

My solution? Straight in against the enemy. absorb the hits. Get to less than 4 Km. Closer the better.

Shoiot. Gather crits. Until Sinky. Repeat. Until victory.

It does not alway work out well. Scraping islands  makes the ship quit leaning like a purple drank hizzle monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,430
[SR-_-]
Members
4,904 posts
46,416 battles
21 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This brings up something good about the new skills is for every skill there is a counter skill.

Or, they could just turn the ship when they get fired at. And aiming is not shotgun at 20plus km and oohhh, aahhh, dev-strike! If that actually happened, then that was probably a player that did not turn. 

Nobody knows this thing called sequential fire? It is you fire one shot at a time adjusting while your target does the "Epppp! they shooting at me pffffttt, something came out! dodge, dodge, argh he got me in the citties!"

The farther you are, the easier it is to dodge. That is why cruisers want to just "hide over at that rock there and spit fire so the bad BB don't crack my back like a rhino mounting a horse."

In open water a cruiser:  "I dance like my life depended on it, or at least until the caffeine wears out. Then that one AP round hits me smack in the nutty bar. I silent scream as 90% of my HP is gone. My team mates are laughing. I start to pass out from the snacks I ate....blegh." 

Meanwhile..WG Coast Guard rescues yet another cruiser in Ocean map struck by Dead Eye equipped BBs. The captain has keyboard face and the team mates are in discord laughing as the ship's waifu is in a full body cast. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
583
[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,250 posts
11,232 battles

I heard it was broken, so I never tried it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,109 posts
13,431 battles

I made this shot before Deadeye existed.

Deadeye basically created an even more passive meta that has overall slowed down the game and pushed people to the border.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,120 posts
23 minutes ago, madgiecool said:

I heard it was broken, so I never tried it.

the skill was only 1/2 broken and that being it could be disabled if you became spotted by the enemy...the other 1/2 was not broken but the unskilled players who were not capable of moving their ships out of the way due to face planting or island humping used this skill as a reason to hide their own flaws which this skill amplified 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,120 posts
4 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Deadeye basically created an even more passive meta that has overall slowed down the game and pushed people to the border.

people head to the border at the first sight of a cap turning red ....there is not passive play in ranked these game last about 10 mins because of aggressive play 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
759
[-AFK-]
Members
1,354 posts
16,439 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Wasn't Dead Eye only a 10% dispersion decrease and then only under specific circumstances? This hardly seems like a game changer. A third of the ships you see in Randoms still don't have camo, which gives a 4% dispersion increase to ships firing at you, and don't seem to care about it.

Deadeye was not really the issue, was the bad players sitting back on the J line trying to use it was the issue.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
583
[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,250 posts
11,232 battles
43 minutes ago, Boily_Boi said:

Deadeye was not really the issue, was the bad players sitting back on the J line trying to use it was the issue.

Lol,

 

Sounds like every political statement, e.g. Guns are not the issue, it's the people using them.    :Smile_great:

  • Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
425
[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
890 posts
6,888 battles
3 hours ago, Compassghost said:

Deadeye basically created an even more passive meta that has overall slowed down the game and pushed people to the border.

I know basically nobody on this forum will agree with me, but imo deadeye created a more passive meta that helped fix the overaggresion that is often seen on NA server. Far too often games become unsalvageable in 5 minutes because our team is down 5 ships already. 

Of course, over time people stopped fearing deadeye and played overaggressively anyways. 

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
759
[-AFK-]
Members
1,354 posts
16,439 battles
1 hour ago, madgiecool said:

Lol,

 

Sounds like every political statement, e.g. Guns are not the issue, it's the people using them.    :Smile_great:

Sadly yes, all problems stem from humans. 

The Gun debate is for American's to argue over. 
I am not an American. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,097
[KWF]
Members
6,559 posts
7,157 battles
1 hour ago, mrmariokartguy said:

I know basically nobody on this forum will agree with me, but imo deadeye created a more passive meta that helped fix the overaggresion that is often seen on NA server. Far too often games become unsalvageable in 5 minutes because our team is down 5 ships already. 

Of course, over time people stopped fearing deadeye and played overaggressively anyways. 

Could you elaborate a bit on the overaggession bit? I imagine we talk tier VIII+?  I disagree but would like to see your viewpoint if you don't mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,391
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,164 posts
3,021 battles
7 hours ago, xTrowax said:

If the change they were making made any kind of sense, I'd be all for it. But it doesn't. The biggest issue with dead eye is that players are sitting even farther back from the battle than they used to, but this new skill doesn't fix that issue because it has almost the same requirement to remain active. It really illustrates just how unaware the dev team are, and i wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a single one that actually plays the game themselves.

Dead Eye made perfect sense if you consider submarines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
258
[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
821 posts
1 hour ago, mrmariokartguy said:

I know basically nobody on this forum will agree with me, but imo deadeye created a more passive meta that helped fix the overaggresion that is often seen on NA server. Far too often games become unsalvageable in 5 minutes because our team is down 5 ships already. 

Of course, over time people stopped fearing deadeye and played overaggressively anyways. 

Overagressive?  Not hardly.  Most players fail their way up to play those T10's and never learn the game or it's mechanics.  Those players rushing in are usually the result of people with no situational awareness and ignorance of the game.  You want to see aggressive game play?  Play the Russian server.  That's aggressive game play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,005
[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
8 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Deadeye made a lot of older ships like Roma playable again. Once it's gone, we're back to seeing endless Slava/ Thunderer divisions. 

Removing dead eye is going to set back more than half the battleships in the game, kill the entire Italian BB line, which is extremely deadeye dependent.

Already hard to kill cruisers like Petropavlovsk will become even stronger as people land less shells. Ships like Austin will no longer need to worry as much. In short, removing deadeye will open pandora's box of harder to hit cruisers.

This player fit over some marginal increase of accuracy shows how inflexible people are to game changes, and I bet you're going to miss Deadeye like crazy once you're knee deep in hybrid ships and european airstrike cruisers.

Mark my words, people will be fondly remembering the greatness of deadeye in only a matter of time.

 

I don't think that Deadeye needed to go, it just needed adjustment somehow.

I do see a contradiction here though. For a skill that provides only a "marginal increase in accuracy", you sure forecast a lot of bad things happening when it's removed.

I agree with your assessment, just not the "marginal increase" part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,005
[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
4 hours ago, madgiecool said:

Lol,

 

Sounds like every political statement, e.g. Guns are not the issue, it's the people using them.    :Smile_great:

It's a true statement in and of itself, it's just not helpful, because we can't fix the issue, (people) only some of the symptoms.

Edited by Skpstr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
261
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
375 posts
5,465 battles

Some of you guys are really funny...They finally take one of the most ill conceived OP skills out of the game....after mass unrest...resulting in much rejoicing....and this is your reaction....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×