Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Of_The_Fleet

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh Died and buried Today

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
681 posts

Prince Phillip died today

 

 

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh was a member of the British royal family as the husband of Queen Elizabeth II.

Philip was born into the Greek and Danish royal families. He was born in Greece,

but his family was exiled from the country when he was eighteen months old. 


Born: 10 June 1921, Mon Repos, Corfu, Greece
Died: 9 April 2021
Children: Charles, Prince of Wales, Anne, Princess Royal, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex
Siblings: Princess Cecilie of Greece and Denmark, 
Parents: Princess Alice of Battenberg, Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark


Quotes
We don't come to Canada for our health. We can think of other ways of enjoying ourselves.
I don't think a prostitute is more moral than a wife, but they are doing the same thing.
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife.

 

R.I.P.

 

 

 

philip.jpg

 

 

 

EyhruuVWQAAku2D.jpg

Edited by Admiral_Of_The_Fleet
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,453
[RLGN]
Members
17,271 posts
30,941 battles

Loved a story I once read of his courting of Elizabeth. Seemed a rare genuine love instead of just some stereotypical arrangement between royalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,247
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
17,387 posts
22 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

Please find below a nice article as to his Naval service during WW II.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-philip-navy-world-war-b1829148.html

Although I think that all monarchies should be abloshed as archaic institutions, one thing I will say for the British Royal family is that they do actually serve their country, unlike many American politicians who seemed to weasel out of it somehow.

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,176
[CK5]
Members
1,672 posts
17,095 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Although I think that all monarchies should be abloshed as archaic institutions, one thing I will say for the British Royal family is that they do actually serve their country,

Unless you are a British citizen, your opinion of a British domestic institution is completely irrelevant.  And, I say that as an American. 

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,247
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
17,387 posts
Just now, PrairiePlayer said:

Unless you are a British citizen, your opinion of a British domestic institution is completely irrelevant.  And, I say that as an American. 

So nobody from any other country ever has an opinion on what happens in America, huh? If America spends trillions of dollars in foreign aid and has trade, military, and cultural ties with other countries then I think that Americans' opinions as to what they do "domestically" that also affect us are valid.

  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,666
[CO-OP]
Members
4,579 posts
34,325 battles
20 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Unless you are a British citizen, your opinion of a British domestic institution is completely irrelevant.  And, I say that as an American. 

 

16 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

So nobody from any other country ever has an opinion on what happens in America, huh? If America spends trillions of dollars in foreign aid and has trade, military, and cultural ties with other countries then I think that Americans' opinions as to what they do "domestically" that also affect us are valid.

Probably best to table this as this is going to get into a political debate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,308
[SALVO]
Members
10,706 posts
7,637 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Of_The_Fleet said:

Quotes
We don't come to Canada for our health. We can think of other ways of enjoying ourselves.
I don't think a prostitute is more moral than a wife, but they are doing the same thing.
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife.

That's priceless, he might be gone but his trolls will endure among the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,247
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
17,387 posts
3 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

That's priceless, he might be gone but his trolls will endure among the best.

When Elisabeth's mother was still alive it was cute watching her and her daughter together if they were not at a formal function where they had to put on their "royal" faces. They seemed to have pretty good senses of humor.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[2GOOD]
Members
8 posts
14,200 battles

Realizing there might be legal things and all, but I would love for WOWS to do a Valiant Prince Phillip edition...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
681 posts
On 4/18/2021 at 2:13 PM, TimNichDad said:

Realizing there might be legal things and all, but I would love for WOWS to do a Valiant Prince Phillip edition...

Now wouldnt that be something

 

 

 

Photo01bbValiantMQ.jpg

Edited by Admiral_Of_The_Fleet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
605
[NEMO]
Members
1,057 posts
5,134 battles

Since Canada s ultimate sovereign is the crown, we do have feelings of sadness somewhere in the parliament according to my government teacher

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×