Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WildWitch

So whats with all the 'heroes' beating up on the small guys?

75 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

199
[BOMBL]
Members
194 posts
7,788 battles

Does it make you all feel manly beating up on squall and gale teams from your Hurricane Clans?
And to stream and be toxic to players who are actually playing at the correct level - pathetic.
Way to suck the fun out of this season of clan battles.

  • Cool 10
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
288 posts
10,283 battles

If you've overmatched enough, you'll notice you gain rating even if you don't win. The mismatch does factor in to the results, you've not expected to win against demonstrably tougher opponents. Instead, you might see opportunities to learn something you wouldn;t from playing equal opponents.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
437
[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,402 posts
15,426 battles
17 minutes ago, WildWitch said:

Does it make you all feel manly beating up on squall and gale teams from your Hurricane Clans?
And to stream and be toxic to players who are actually playing at the correct level - pathetic.
Way to suck the fun out of this season of clan battles.

Clans qeueu up to fight. They don’t decide who they fight against

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,907
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
5,067 posts

And so lower clan automatically lost the CB regardless of the higher clan league matched against them.

That is a glaring flaw in the Match making. Hurricane should only be matched with hurricane not clubbing seals among squall or whatever

It does not matter the players at large already seem to be abandoning the entire CB system whole sale. You cannot get a game going very easily in NA.

 

  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[BOMBL]
Beta Testers
176 posts
12,212 battles
12 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Clans qeueu up to fight. They don’t decide who they fight against

There is matchmaking with different tiers for a reason!

It's less the matchmaking, and the fact that they were streaming on Twitch and making comments about how crapthat lower tier players are. Maybe try playing against players who are in the same league as you.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,145
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,080 posts
25,742 battles
47 minutes ago, Premeditated_Marder said:

If you've overmatched enough, you'll notice you gain rating even if you don't win. The mismatch does factor in to the results, you've not expected to win against demonstrably tougher opponents. Instead, you might see opportunities to learn something you wouldn;t from playing equal opponents.

Or suprise them and win with only 1 ship loss....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36
[O7]
Privateers
9 posts
11,253 battles
48 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

And so lower clan automatically lost the CB regardless of the higher clan league matched against them.

That is a glaring flaw in the Match making. Hurricane should only be matched with hurricane not clubbing seals among squall or whatever

It does not matter the players at large already seem to be abandoning the entire CB system whole sale. You cannot get a game going very easily in NA.

 

I just would like to comment that our Queue time AVERAGE in Hurricane this season has been 6+ minutes. We've determined that the Matchmaking pool opens up 1 "level" lower for every minute and a half in queue. So after six minutes, we can see teams in Typhoon 1, 2, and 3, as well as Storm 1 teams. The game population simply isn't high enough for Hurricane to match only with Hurricane.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,366
[RBMK]
Beta Testers
3,806 posts
14,748 battles

While the hurricanes see the lowers, and beat the crap out of them, do you actually think its that much fun for them, rolling over a team in 5 minutes.  I am sure most would prefer a decent fight to use their skills to come out on top.

While it may seem unfair to some, it is not the hurricanes fault for seeing lowers, its how the dice rolls.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
69
[-V1-]
Beta Testers
413 posts
9,934 battles

meh i gave up on cb's. with it being so late in the day i'm insanely tired and often can't play my best so we often didn't win much when i played. but i can feel what your saying it would definately not be to fun getting beat up by better clans. the amount you have to play cb's to build up steel is just crazy. it's all about getting wins and that for many is the hard part. heck i'd love to cb more but my clan does it when it's late. so more often than anything i can only do a few battles. i'm 36 older than some younger than some but i dang well feel like i'm 45 with how my health is lol so playing late is a pain especially when it's cb's and not random or coop/scenario/ranked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[BOMBL]
Beta Testers
176 posts
12,212 battles
1 hour ago, Fryce_ said:

I just would like to comment that our Queue time AVERAGE in Hurricane this season has been 6+ minutes. We've determined that the Matchmaking pool opens up 1 "level" lower for every minute and a half in queue. So after six minutes, we can see teams in Typhoon 1, 2, and 3, as well as Storm 1 teams. The game population simply isn't high enough for Hurricane to match only with Hurricane.

This is not a Hurricane team facing Silver teams because of queue times. This is a Hurricane team alt accounts in a bronze clan with a couple purple mercs, playing the system to get stupid easy games.

As I said before, it is less about the match-up overall, but if it's such a chore for you to play against lower teams, then play the game the way you'd normally play (maybe we can learn something), but there is no need to be arses about it. The game was being streamed on Twitch and some people in the team spent half the game calling crapon the lesser teams in stream. All that happens is the the good teams come across as a bunch of arrogant children.

Have a bit of humility for pete's sake! Most of the teams this season are pretty chill and humble, except for some of the Hurricane teams who spend the whole game talking crap.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,907
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
5,067 posts
28 minutes ago, Blitzkrieger said:

meh i gave up on cb's. with it being so late in the day i'm insanely tired and often can't play my best so we often didn't win much when i played. but i can feel what your saying it would definately not be to fun getting beat up by better clans. the amount you have to play cb's to build up steel is just crazy. it's all about getting wins and that for many is the hard part. heck i'd love to cb more but my clan does it when it's late. so more often than anything i can only do a few battles. i'm 36 older than some younger than some but i dang well feel like i'm 45 with how my health is lol so playing late is a pain especially when it's cb's and not random or coop/scenario/ranked

Ive been building up steel since last August to now only about 22 or 23 thousands on hand. Goal is 50,000 by end of next year at this rate. at 40 per day in dailies if they are completed (Some days they are not) its about two to three years off before that many is reached.

At some point two ships in steel will be bought and thats the end of the blessed steel. I am sick of it already.

Age does impose some changes in gaming as does health limitations. Mine is degenerative and frankly I would be lucky to see two or three more years. Not that it matters. We all have today but not all of us get a tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
425
[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
890 posts
7,149 battles
12 minutes ago, Billy_The_Dog said:

This is not a Hurricane team facing Silver teams because of queue times. This is a Hurricane team alt accounts in a bronze clan with a couple purple mercs, playing the system to get stupid easy games.

10+ minute queue simulator is boring to most people, and the only real way to get around that is to get a lower rating clan. 

  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[BOMBL]
Beta Testers
176 posts
12,212 battles
Just now, mrmariokartguy said:

10+ minute queue simulator is boring to most people, and the only real way to get around that is to get a lower rating clan. 

Have you ever thought that maybe the reason is self propagating? There is no way you are going to get more people up into the higher leagues if you have clans abusing the merc system, thrashing them for easy games.

Also as I said countless times, this is less about the game itself, and more about the conduct of Hurricane teams that are doing this. Clearly these people have no idea what humility is? There is no reason to be streaming it on Twitch and be rude and derogatory about the gameplay of much lower ranked teams in the chat. Of course lower ranked teams are going to be worse than  you, that's why they are lower ranked!

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
765 posts
19,884 battles
3 minutes ago, Billy_The_Dog said:

Have you ever thought that maybe the reason is self propagating? There is no way you are going to get more people up into the higher leagues if you have clans abusing the merc system, thrashing them for easy games.

the reason storm and lower clans are at the rank they are is absolutely not the fact that they might have to play a typhoon smurf once a month.

 

it's that they simply aren't good enough to compete at any higher level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[BOMBL]
Beta Testers
176 posts
12,212 battles
14 minutes ago, Kingpin61 said:

the reason storm and lower clans are at the rank they are is absolutely not the fact that they might have to play a typhoon smurf once a month.

 

it's that they simply aren't good enough to compete at any higher level.

We are not talking once a month. We are talking four games in one day!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[ARUS]
[ARUS]
Members
90 posts
3 hours ago, WildWitch said:

Does it make you all feel manly beating up on squall and gale teams from your Hurricane Clans?
And to stream and be toxic to players who are actually playing at the correct level - pathetic.
Way to suck the fun out of this season of clan battles.

You mean like this...

 

OOOOOOH YEAH! ))))))))))))))

Those "small guys' do have tier 9... Don't they? And I want to be polite on that one... But sometimes I have to say.

STOP BEING SISSIES AND PICK UP THOSE GUNS YOU COWARDS! AND MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UP that is.

Thankyou.

Edited by Counterpunch1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[BOMBL]
Beta Testers
176 posts
12,212 battles
3 hours ago, Premeditated_Marder said:

If you've overmatched enough, you'll notice you gain rating even if you don't win. The mismatch does factor in to the results, you've not expected to win against demonstrably tougher opponents. Instead, you might see opportunities to learn something you wouldn;t from playing equal opponents.

Impossible to learn anything when the opponents are rude and arrogant and spend the whole game mouthing off for their "fans" on their stream. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,335
[SALVO]
Members
10,755 posts
7,654 battles
47 minutes ago, Billy_The_Dog said:

The game was being streamed on Twitch and some people in the team spent half the game calling crapon the lesser teams in stream. All that happens is the the good teams come across as a bunch of arrogant children.

Do you watch streams while playing CB? Are you stream sniping those guys? Kinky...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
425
[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
890 posts
7,149 battles
4 minutes ago, Billy_The_Dog said:

Impossible to learn anything when the opponents are rude and arrogant and spend the whole game mouthing off for their "fans" on their stream. 

I don't see how what they do on Twitch has anything to do with learning from game experience 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[ARUS]
[ARUS]
Members
90 posts

Twitch suspends for toxicity, so who's streaming rude and arrogant there? Zath? Shereper? McCavity? Beards? WHO? 

I will stream myself, in near future. And if you want toxicity then follow me. On Youtube.

But later... If everything will go well, you'll see brick faced and wardrobe shaped russian henchman talking in english about warships and what's going on. Russian accent included.

I'll be your king of toxic streams and grey theories. )))))

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
199
[BOMBL]
Members
194 posts
7,788 battles
49 minutes ago, mrmariokartguy said:

10+ minute queue simulator is boring to most people, and the only real way to get around that is to get a lower rating clan. 

And thats the problem if i understand you.

It is not the occasional bad matchmaking - it looks like its a deliberate move to get a low rated clan (so they can play against lower levels) because the queue times are long at high levels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[ARUS]
[ARUS]
Members
90 posts

I don't know why this cheef of the Mohawks is complaining... If I only had opportunity to play clans.... Always mercenary, always ONE MAN CLAN ARMY. And it's a difficult task  to earn oil for your base. And this sowerpuss complaining about beating! I'd be glad to improve my skills by playing against statists and earning  +150% out of everything. 

Goof ups never go to a stats. Playing against skilfull players you can experiment tactics.

No! MARINE WITH MACHINE GUN is crying that enemy's shooting at him.

STAND UP SOLDIER! Put your faith in fist and put your cheeks together. MOVE!!!!!

PS. Guess what. I probably will be suspended for those words here, but I don't give a damn. Because I know, that I'm right. 

Edited by Counterpunch1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,579
[SR-_-]
Members
5,172 posts
48,701 battles

At OP,

MM in CBs has always been based on what clans are actually on that will get in the queue.  And if a clan knows when your clan is on and when another is not, then that is information. So say they want to fight you, but not someone else, then they only have to be on for a specific time. For example. Why they can "club" whoever they want with that information so long as they don't face someone that can actually beat them. 

No real challenge if you know what you are up against, but what if they knew there was a challenge? Would they take it, or just "this is why I use match maker monitor so I can back out of queue."

@Billy_The_Dog

If they stream their clan battles and shame you, then that's vanity. But don't watch. Never feed the vanity of self promotion. The streamer needs those views and you are actually helping them by watching.🤔 That puts 💰 in their pockets. 

And like others pointed out, it is stream sniping. A big no no.

As a rule, I think clan battles, since they carry some importance for both teams, should not be broadcast by a streamer or run the great risk of stream sniping.

But PvP gameplay in general has always had this risk and maybe streamers should implement steps to mitigate sniping by blocking minimap, the game chat, and if using discord chat, should refrain even broadcasting commentary. Only the streamer should be heard and that is it.

It may not be enough. Who knows. I don't watch twitch and as so far as I can see the service has failed to stop the practice on many occasions already.

OP, I suggest that you keep working on tactics and eventually your clan will be successful.

I have noticed that certain clans at the top when faced with an absolutely dominant adversary that scares the bejezzus out of them that they would summon an alaska, a Petro, another DD, after being thoroughly beaten to a bloody mess by my orange flank that even though I sank, we won very decisively and he bloody very well didn't forget it. He even had a test ship. He knows who he is. He probably didn't like it, but it just goes to show.

Purple is just a fracking color. It bleeds red, poops brown, leaks yellow, runs away screaming, and often has to change its undies that cost them 60 dollars.

I had a ragtag team of strangers.

Just think of what a clan can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×