You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

PTS 0.10.3 BUG REPORTS

33 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,569 posts
15,072 battles

Standby for words from the Chief.

Shipmates, if you encounter any bugs or technical issues during the Public Test 0.10.3 session feel free to report it in this thread.

PLEASE FOLLOW THIS FORMAT

Please follow this template for submitting bugs.

1. Description
Short description of an issue with required details.
Example: spotting-aircraft doesn't work on Iowa battleship

2. How to reproduce
Exact steps need to be made to reproduce the issue
Example: 1.Take Iowa battleship with spotting-aircraft equipped 2. Go in battle 3. Try to launch spotting-aircraft

3. Result
What's the result of the issue.
Example: after pressing spotting-aircraft activating button you can hear an aircraft sound but nothing happens, the aircraft stands still.

That is all.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
352 posts
24,954 battles

V. Veneto shows up in Axis vs Allies battle filter but not allowed to play because test ships are not allowed.   I assume the reason early access ship shows up in PT is for testing this new mode..

shot-21_03.25_10_17.55-0028.thumb.jpg.b40ed97bf3d407f8de48f0c9afcae18f.jpg

[FEB-M]
Members
121 posts
5,407 battles

STILL FAILLING IN RELEASE 2 - 0.10.3.R2

1. Descrition
New release does not conform to "Primary Mouse Button", thus its main interface does not accept mouse Right Button, enforcing to use only LEFT button.
i.e., left-handed mouse defined in windows is ignored. Previous versions of game does respect "primary button" from windows.

This happens in PORT and also in gameplay. I have a full "sinistro" (left-handed) setup, using numeric keypad for navigation/ weapons/ consumables, and everything else works fine as 0.10.2 game client, new PTS uses all my configs, except mouse B1/B2. If I fix in PTS, breaks the normal game client Primary/secondary mouse button.

2. How to reproduce
In Windows Control Panel, setup your mouse as left-handed. Make RIGHT button the primary mouse button.
Open game client 0.10.3 PTS. Main interface ignores right button and remains only responding to left button.

Open game client 0.10.2 (regular). Main interface accepts Windows' defined primary button

3. Result
Left-handed users are forced to use left button as main/primary mouse button.

image.png.6da78e888b58b56a5c87cd8c27f34146.png

Edited by Alloh

[FEB-M]
Members
121 posts
5,407 battles

FIXED in release 2.
1. Descrition
In DOCKYARD, the ship is too short/small for the regular CAMERA SETUP.

So when you rotate camera around ship, most of time the small DD does NOT appear properly, centered on ship being built.

2. How to reproduce
Go to SHIPYARD, rotate around the ship

3. Result
Camera loses track of ship, as camera's "rail"  (trajectory) was defined for much larger ships, and the DD is positioned "ahead" of camera's center of view.

Either create a new camera track, closer to DD, or at least position the small DD closer to center of camera's track PoV.

* The "NAVAL BASE" port, a similar scenario, adopts at least 2 tracks, depending on ship size. Smaller ones goes to the "wet dock", shorter and with a very close PoV, while bigger ships gets a much wider view camera as it goes to the "dry dock", respectively left and right dock as seen from the sea. Probably just reuse this setup for Dockyard.

---
View without the frames, using secondary mouse
button - notice marked center of rotation:

image.thumb.png.0491cdfb25bc404fa832979fd399e09d.png

The center is near the flags... outside of ship.

image.thumb.png.2a20502878aac89f3539a354cadbd96b.png

image.thumb.png.1fc5d01a8ca42a1c8fb65564ca34eb3c.png

image.thumb.png.13772d32cc63de2358f6e64b4ad7ca0b.png

Edited by Alloh

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

The white text on this background just makes it difficult to read..

shot-21.03.27_10.09.09-0597.jpg

[CUDA]
Members
286 posts
8,014 battles

Backed into another ship and my stern went halfway across the other ship. Then I went full speed away and the other ship dragged me a while before we separated. I hope that isn't intentional, ramming your own side is already painful.

Members
63 posts
5,265 battles

My slow cpu  used to have no problems with the PTs, but this time it wouldn't even load. The Game Center disappeared as usual, then a black screen flashed, & Windoze returned. Nothing happened after that. 
And I did try several times over the 3 days.

Members
12 posts
4,072 battles

Cap points not accruing in 4v4 in Axis and Allies, and the team is dead but the game does not end... 

image.thumb.png.a2d6a6a3dc5f4510258bb80a59485639.png

Edited by Venger_NoFear

[D-H-O]
Members
12 posts
11,144 battles

Axis vs Allies 

With all axis ships destroyed you have to wait till the clock runs out .Got tired of waiting so i exited battle and once in port my ship is still stuck in battle till time runs out lol

Edited by Poletramp

[FEB-M]
Members
121 posts
5,407 battles
  • LEFT-HANDED mouse bug remains in 2nd round. It ignores "Primary Mouse Button" in both interface and game.

Even worse if I go to Options/Controls and invert LMB/RMB there. Now the main interface remains using "Secondary button" (LMB for me) and main game uses "Primary Button" (RMB in windows/game controls). Confusion only increases!

• "Axis vs Allies" does not end upon a killing all enemies, nor cap,

confirmed, neither does by cap. Seems the "neverending" match isn't related to Axis, as reported above, as I was in both Axis and Allies, our team was killed  then killed them all, waited 5min ago, all circls cap'd and game goes on. 

ALL matches so far end up in TIE due timeout. There is no score for capping neither killing!

image.png.80800a70a720b856ef46a0cfc38ebc1b.png

image.thumb.png.ab8d820a1e232b50f875738f859de257.png

• This new game mode for Axis vs Allies is better than "Again cap 3 imaginary Circles Repeated", but please, make it like historic battles, as teams have to (attack/defend) check suggestions here

Edited by Alloh

[BEARS]
Beta Testers
39 posts
12,122 battles

When all ships are dead the game does not exit resulting in a draw

this happened 3 times and no way to complete the 5 wins for "Axis vs Allies"

The cap counter does not work either during this - the enemy had all 3 caps stuck at 300

Map was "HOTSPOT"

• Cool 1

[OGF]
Members
1,036 posts
34,528 battles
16 minutes ago, BigGuy48220 said:

When all ships are dead the game does not exit resulting in a draw

this happened 3 times and no way to complete the 5 wins for "Axis vs Allies"

The cap counter does not work either during this - the enemy had all 3 caps stuck at 300

Map was "HOTSPOT"

Same just happened to me in a 4x4 in Mountain Range.  Submitted a ticket with the following:

On PTS, we have a mission to win five Axis/Allies battles.  I was just in a 4 x 4 Axis/Allies battle in which myself and a teammate survived after destroying all four enemy ships.  I sank the last one, the CV, but the game kept running.  The score never changed from 300 to 300, despite my having capped both caps.  This was a clear Victory, but came up as a draw.  There's no point in playing PTS until this is fixed.  If it isn't fixed in time, your customers will have been cheated out of rewards on the live server.  Thanks.

Also, in Part 1 of this test, bots were used to fill empty slots so we didn't have to wait in queue for several minutes.  That has gone away and we're wasting valuable time waiting for other players to join in with the right ship types.  Please go back to filling slots with bots.

[CANUK]
Members
90 posts
5,347 battles

I'm getting the same issue with the unending matches. Specifically, the point count does not change when ships are killed, and caps do not cause your points to increase. Additionally, once all the enemies were killed, the game still did not end. I was playing on Mountain Range.

EDIT: this was in Axis vs Allies.

Edited by RulerOdin
Gamemode clarification
  • Cool 1

[OGF]
Members
1,036 posts
34,528 battles
3 minutes ago, RulerOdin said:

I'm getting the same issue with the unending matches. Specifically, the point count does not change when ships are killed, and caps do not cause your points to increase. Additionally, once all the enemies were killed, the game still did not end. I was playing on Mountain Range.

Same.

[OGF]
Members
1,036 posts
34,528 battles
2 hours ago, Alloh said:
  • "Axis vs Allies" does not end upon a killing all enemies, nor cap,

confirmed, neither does by cap. Seems the "neverending" match isn't related to Axis, as reported above, as I was in both Axis and Allies, our team was killed  then killed them all, waited 5min ago, all circls cap'd and game goes on. 

ALL matches so far end up in TIE due timeout. There is no score for capping neither killing!

Same thing.  My team was Axis; I was playing the Graf Zeppelin.

• Cool 1

[TAZ]
Members
877 posts

Waited 1o minutes for the dockyard to open in the PT before I aborted the game.  Please fix

[YORHA]
Members
5,270 posts
10,473 battles

Same here.

All Reds killed.  Held both Caps.  Score stayed at 300-300.  Draw.

3 Minutes to go...

5BVeS7Y.jpg

17 seconds to go... no change.

UxjMlI1.jpg

And a draw, so no Special Flag reward credit.

BQwHn90.jpg

Good job.

[ROTTN]
Members
5 posts
23,833 battles

I do not mind a little wait but if your not going to fill in with bots then just say so.

how long is too long in pt.jpg

[YORHA]
Members
5,270 posts
10,473 battles

They did.

32uswv9.png

Which reminds me... you screwed up the loading screen as well.  It does NOT show the Allies vs Axis totals.

I can see these things don't get tested, but do they even get tried out before you put it up on the server.  I mean... 3 1/2 hours to download the update only to find out you completely screwed the pooch?

Edited by JCC45

[OGF]
Members
1,036 posts
34,528 battles

Before I waste more time trying to win the unwinnable on PTS, has this been fixed yet?

[OGF]
Members
1,036 posts
34,528 battles
On 4/1/2021 at 5:02 PM, DrED_Guru said:

I do not mind a little wait but if your not going to fill in with bots then just say so.

how long is too long in pt.jpg

I mentioned this earlier myself.  Even put in a ticket figuring it would be the quickest way to get word to the developers who could fix the problem.  In true WG fashion, they responded with "SOLVED."  Then they DID go to the effort to explain that it wasn't their problem.  These guys crack me up.  They CANNOT speak English.  Tired of excuses, only interested in results.

Edited by Wingslinger