HMCS_Moncton

HMS Agincourt finally coming

11 comments in this topic

[1RD]
Members
73 posts
9,908 battles

Well, after 4+ years of pestering by the British battleship fan community, it looks as though 'The Gin Palace' aka HMS Agincourt, is a Work-In-Progress due to be released at a future date.  I only became aware of it today when I logged onto the WoWS Wiki to look something up.

It looks as though she'll be a Tier 5 Premium, with a proposed cost of 5,000 Steel.  She'll have her historically accurate (and awesome looking) main armament of fourteen 12-inch guns in seven twin turrets., with a reload time of 36 seconds, a 45 second time to rotate the turrets 180 degrees, and a 15.34 km base range, with a 213 m maximum dispersion. Her secondary armament will consist of 10 single 76 mm/50 QF Mk X guns, and 14 single 152 mm/50 Mk XIII guns, all with a base range of 5.5 km, and a reload time of 5 seconds.

She'll have a maximum speed of 22 knots, a turning circle of 670 m, and a rudder shift time of 13.4 seconds.

Very much looking forward to her release, can't wait to see that 14-gun broadside from a non-paper ship.

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,880 posts
27,184 battles

Where did you get the info that it would be 5000 steel?

[WOLFC]
Members
2,793 posts
11,335 battles
1 hour ago, HMCS_Moncton said:

It looks as though she'll be a Tier 5 Premium, with a proposed cost of 5,000 Steel.

1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

Where did you get the info that it would be 5000 steel?

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Agincourt

The picture on the wiki indicates a cost of 5000 credits, not steel. It is likely either a placeholder or an error because tier V premiums are usually available for cash and doubloons. Keep in mind that WG removed all steel ships below tier X last year because they were not “selling” enough, so it is highly unlikely we will see a low-tier steel ship.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

Members
157 posts
27,243 battles

5000 doubloons would be $20.00 which is about the normal cash price for a T5. This includes ship and slot.

That would make the Armory price 5300 doubloons for a ship, slot ,and a 3-point captain.

I don't have the conversion factor for credits handy, but 5000 credits sounds incredibly cheap. 

[WPORT]
Members
9,921 posts
14,411 battles

I had a game with an Agincourt on the opposing team, yesterday.
The ship was still in play-testing, so the player couldn't talk about the ship.
But, they player was good mannered about it.

Beta Testers
103 posts
7,509 battles

Release info is scanty. They've posted an alternate camo for it for the Jutland event but its not even out yet. Guessing it'll get thrown up for sale during the event with very little fan fair like a lot of the lower tier releases recently. 

[CVA16]
Members
6,471 posts
20,094 battles

Are they going to give it a fictional AA upgrade?  Hope so but VU didn't get one so likely not.

At least make those 76mm guns DP.

No ship that sees CVs should have an AA suite less than what it would have had if in front line duty in 1930. (which is still pretty bad).

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Meh 1

[SIM]
Members
5,849 posts
9,315 battles
On 5/17/2021 at 3:01 PM, Sabot_100 said:

Are they going to give it a fictional AA upgrade?  Hope so but VU didn't get one so likely not.

At least make those 76mm guns DP.

No ship that sees CVs should have an AA suite less than what it would have had if in front line duty in 1930. (which is still pretty bad).

She has zero AA. None, nada, not one gun. As that becomes common knowledge the ship will have serious CV problems. 

I have all of one game in her (bottom tier no less), but was still able to come up with 77k damage and a couple of kills. Her ballistics are comfortable, and fourteen guns cure a lot of ills. 

• Cool 2

[OGV]
Members
148 posts
2,008 battles

I love mine. First game in random was a kraken. It's like the T5 Pommern and love the x14 shells per salvo. The shells are wonky in dispersion, but enough of them are thrown that some (and sometimes most) hit. Most fun I've had in T5 for a while.

Beta Testers
103 posts
7,509 battles

Event is over as far as I can see but still no way to get it except via those damn unreliable crates.

Mid tier ships being unavailable for regular sale aren't unheard of but they're not exactly common either. 

Lets get this thing in the shop WeeGee! Maybe it'll make up for the lack of sales from another recently released BB.