Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Big_Ape

Matchmaking

36 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

11
[APES]
[APES]
Members
158 posts
1,960 battles

Does wargaming view whats in here cause if they do there matchmaking sucks i am so tired of getting with players who don't care or they worse than i am at playing I am trying so hard to have fun in this game i can't with the way the teams are being lined up with me it's a joke, like i say i bad but not that bad at this game.

But if you all are happy with it then it's me and i not cry no more.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,074
Members
5,723 posts
11,145 battles
4 minutes ago, Big_Ape said:

s i am so tired of getting with players who don't care or they worse than i am at playing

Random people - MM does not know how one person will play, much less 24 of them.  MM can't and won't EVER put teams together that play "better than you" or "care about the game".  There is just no WAY for define these players in MM.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[APES]
[APES]
Members
158 posts
1,960 battles
Just now, CylonRed said:

Random people - MM does not know how one person will play, much less 24 of them.  MM can't and won't EVER put teams together that play "better than you" or "care about the game".  There is just no WAY for define these players in MM.

then why are there more good players on the enemy team guess i don't understand it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,266
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,318 posts
7 minutes ago, Big_Ape said:

Does wargaming view whats in here cause if they do there matchmaking sucks i am so tired of getting with players who don't care or they worse than i am at playing I am trying so hard to have fun in this game i can't with the way the teams are being lined up with me it's a joke, like i say i bad but not that bad at this game.

But if you all are happy with it then it's me and i not cry no more.

the other half of the time those people are on the other team

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[TGO]
Members
88 posts
7,441 battles
3 minutes ago, SKurj said:

the other half of the time those people are on the other team

If that were truly the case, nobody would have over a 50% win rate...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,672
[CLUMP]
Members
1,889 posts
2,412 battles

Unlike WOT their actual coop mode to play against bots :Smile_hiding: I am not a Unicum player but I have the horrible luck of getting pair up with some really, bad players :fish_palm: That's why I stay away from randoms :Smile_bajan2:

Edited by LastRemnant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,074
Members
5,723 posts
11,145 battles
Just now, Big_Ape said:

then why are there more good players on the enemy team guess i don't understand it

There really is no way to define this...  Was it they are better or are they having a lucky day?   You are in 700 games and quite frankly - there is still a LOT to learn.  I would bet your play needs to get better - most people are not comfortable with playing till they are 2K games in.

 

The MM is basic and at low tiers - you can have players who know the game well working up a new line.  There is a wiki and it has a lot of great info on the mechanics of the game and lot so videos.  I would also suggest posting a replay or 2 and people can give you pointed on playing better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,266
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,318 posts
5 minutes ago, Prattaratt said:

If that were truly the case, nobody would have over a 50% win rate...

did you read?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[APES]
[APES]
Members
158 posts
1,960 battles
12 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Unlike WOT their actual coop mode to play against bots :Smile_hiding: I am not a Unicum player but I have the horrible luck of getting pair up with some really, bad players :fish_palm: That's why I stay away from randoms :Smile_bajan2:

yes well try rank just as bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[APES]
[APES]
Members
158 posts
1,960 battles
12 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

There really is no way to define this...  Was it they are better or are they having a lucky day?   You are in 700 games and quite frankly - there is still a LOT to learn.  I would bet your play needs to get better - most people are not comfortable with playing till they are 2K games in.

 

The MM is basic and at low tiers - you can have players who know the game well working up a new line.  There is a wiki and it has a lot of great info on the mechanics of the game and lot so videos.  I would also suggest posting a replay or 2 and people can give you pointed on playing better.

Hate to say it but i got more games than that in thats a reset i have more games in than that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
877 posts
220 battles
27 minutes ago, Big_Ape said:

 getting with players who don't care

 

I too can read minds.  I got this ability when a stage rock fell from the sky.  How did you get your ability?  Did you fall into a vat of toxic waste?  Bitten by a spider?  I'd love to know.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,671 posts
45,422 battles

700 games in. You need more experience and MM is soft at low tier.

It may look like you have a lot of bad players on one side, but actually, it is a case of both sides have equal measure of inexperienced players and it was a case of shots falling better for one side.

The RNG mechanic does that at times and every player is subject to that whim. 

You can overcome some of it by creating a division with teammates that you feel will help you win. But I suggest you practice well with those team members before going in Randoms to better hone your team skills.

All team divisions do this regularly with practice sessions first, then they go in Randoms. 

You must walk before you run. And you must proceed with caution up the tiers because sometimes you might not be ready at a higher tier and need to stay at a lower tier longer.

Good luck

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,270
[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,870 posts
27,144 battles

It's odd they can apply a working league system to clan battles but cant figure one out for randoms. Imagine how fun CBs would be if Gale league clans fought Hurricane league clans.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[REKTD]
Members
638 posts
11,254 battles
39 minutes ago, Big_Ape said:

Does wargaming view whats in here cause if they do there matchmaking sucks i am so tired of getting with players who don't care or they worse than i am at playing I am trying so hard to have fun in this game i can't with the way the teams are being lined up with me it's a joke, like i say i bad but not that bad at this game.

But if you all are happy with it then it's me and i not cry no more.

Small changes @Big_Ape - you have a lot of skill and are a pretty good player for under 1k battles.

What you are experiencing is a nasty combo of some tricky ships and a high tier meta that is somewhat in flux due to the recent skill rework changes. These factors combined with trying to play T8/T9/T10 ships that are much less forgiving and you are having a tough go. 
 

Mix gaming sessions heavily with T5s and T6s to get in the flow, or to break losing streaks. This will help with the crazy losing streaks.

When you decide you want to play a higher tier, use JB as you are doing well with it. When you jump into Riga / Hindenburg / Alsace be very focused on what that specific ship’s strengths and weaknesses are, and play slowly and very deliberately to it’s strengths. 

Use the Wiki and LWM’s reviews to learn about the nuances of high tier ships. You will find that what is missing in these lopsided losses is your 33%+ accuracy dealing damage like you do in the early tiers. Figuring that part out and you are winning more than losing at the higher tiers just like you did at the mid tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,480
[O_O]
Members
7,038 posts
17,380 battles

I have games with crappy teams.  I have games with decent teams.  I contribute with smart play (sometimes), and let the game results fall where they may.  I cannot control those team mates, obviously, so I decided years ago to not get overly bent out of shape if they repeatedly try to run into a brick wall while screaming like imbeciles.  I allow myself the option to have fun in a loss if it was otherwise a good game.  Too many players refuse to do that.

Somehow, I have managed to maintain a 57% win rate.  Call me weird, but I don't see how WoWS matchmaker is broken.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,349
[WORX]
Members
13,245 posts
20,109 battles
46 minutes ago, Big_Ape said:

then why are there more good players on the enemy team guess i don't understand it

Because its Random, not selective MM...

They're ways to cheat MM... People do it all the time... It slightly improves your chances of winning...


On the other footnote... This is not a MM issue, MM is not the culprit of your frustrations... MM only gets to choose from whatever ship and whoever is waiting in queue (the lobby).

The queue is the problem, not MM...

Edited by Navalpride33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[APES]
[APES]
Members
158 posts
1,960 battles
2 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

Small changes @Big_Ape - you have a lot of skill and are a pretty good player for under 1k battles.

What you are experiencing is a nasty combo of some tricky ships and a high tier meta that is somewhat in flux due to the recent skill rework changes. These factors combined with trying to play T8/T9/T10 ships that are much less forgiving and you are having a tough go. 
 

Mix gaming sessions heavily with T5s and T6s to get in the flow, or to break losing streaks. This will help with the crazy losing streaks.

When you decide you want to play a higher tier, use JB as you are doing well with it. When you jump into Riga / Hindenburg / Alsace be very focused on what that specific ship’s strengths and weaknesses are, and play slowly and very deliberately to it’s strengths. 

Use the Wiki and LWM’s reviews to learn about the nuances of high tier ships. You will find that what is missing in these lopsided losses is your 33%+ accuracy dealing damage like you do in the early tiers. Figuring that part out and you are winning more than losing at the higher tiers just like you did at the mid tiers.

What i have been wanting is one on one help' but having trouble finding someone one reason is my job i drive truck, so hard to find time for me and someone else to help me, i understand what my problem is but have a bad and hard time fixing it that is situation awareness I don't stay in the zoom i do look around but trying to get my self to do it more.

The other is positioning  once i get that down i am good taking me to long to do it keep getting into trouble I have watched videos out the but i have to learn to do it in game. What might not be hard for most of you seems to be a pain for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,217
[RAGE]
Members
2,011 posts
9,285 battles
15 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

It's odd they can apply a working league system to clan battles but cant figure one out for randoms. Imagine how fun CBs would be if Gale league clans fought Hurricane league clans.

Not even remotely the same.  Clans have an overall score in clan battles that are matched against other clan's scores. 

It's totally different matching 24 different people. Are you trying to "even out" winrate, damage?  If winrate, are you comparing overall WR or WR in the ship they're playing?  Someone could be a unicum overall but they queued a CV which they have a 40%WR.  Should equal radars be included?  What about "German radar" (long-range long lasting hydro). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[REKTD]
Members
638 posts
11,254 battles
27 minutes ago, Big_Ape said:

What i have been wanting is one on one help' but having trouble finding someone one reason is my job i drive truck, so hard to find time for me and someone else to help me, i understand what my problem is but have a bad and hard time fixing it that is situation awareness I don't stay in the zoom i do look around but trying to get my self to do it more.

The other is positioning  once i get that down i am good taking me to long to do it keep getting into trouble I have watched videos out the but i have to learn to do it in game. What might not be hard for most of you seems to be a pain for me.

  • Make sure you are using the right mouse button held down to come out and back in to zoom.
  • The ships you’ve been playing lend well to not being the first seen, so stay dark and don’t fire until you are in a position that you won’t get focused and or take a broadside citadel hit in.
    • Use Alsace like a fast cruiser, reinforcing flanks but never leading a solo charge or (IMO) trying to “bow tank” slowly backing away. While I have made that work, my best games are flying around ensuring a flank doesn’t collapse using the speed and range Alsace has.
    • Riga I do not have, but my other Soviet cruisers like long range. Trying to get in close early for using radar usually is the fatal mistake.
    • I do not have Hindenburg yet, but have seen it played well at long ranges early, then pushing in more aggressively much later in the matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,270
[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,870 posts
27,144 battles
33 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Not even remotely the same.  Clans have an overall score in clan battles that are matched against other clan's scores. 

It's totally different matching 24 different people. Are you trying to "even out" winrate, damage?  If winrate, are you comparing overall WR or WR in the ship they're playing?  Someone could be a unicum overall but they queued a CV which they have a 40%WR.  Should equal radars be included?  What about "German radar" (long-range long lasting hydro). 

Quite possible if players had a real assignment of skill based on perhaps ranked and clan ranking or something. However, none of that matters outside those modes and that's what would make it possible.

I'd rather have a 50% chance of winning every game in engaging and fun battles than one sided steam rolls over and over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
103
[AWOW]
Members
148 posts
4,853 battles

WOWS should do match making according to few factors

- Players matching should be according to player's personal score/win rate/survival/ how many premium ships perchased/ how much doubloon purchased (these are serious gamers, not potatoes. give us ppl whom paid money a good mm and a good game plz)

- Ships should be same tier or 1 tier apart. NOT 2 tiers apart. Except for tier 8, 9, 10 which are equally balanced in their own way. A non premium tier 7 ship cant possibly face a tier 9 premium ship

- In any game, should limit to 1 CV. Or otherwise all CV, make a CV showdown match

 

Overall, match making is 60% effective and fun, most of the time, sucked 

The worst, there's even AFK in RANKED SILVER (are u kidding me, WOWS ?)

Edited by HammerKing1982

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
177 posts
11,209 battles

Once again we find ourselves with two schools of thought. One thinks the MM is rigged (which it is). While the other thinks "yeah, but it's rigged for you too" (which it is not).

You think after all the discussions on this one topic, people "with a clue" would understand "there seems to be a problem" (and it's not with the players complaining about the uberskewwed MM).

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,046
[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,224 posts
4 minutes ago, HammerKing1982 said:

- Players matching should be according to player's personal score/win rate/survival/ how many premium ships perchased/ how much doubloon purchased (these are serious gamers, not potatoes. give us ppl whom paid money a good mm and a good game plz)

 

Do you really think that opening one's wallet and clicking the buy button, makes them better at playing the video game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
103
[AWOW]
Members
148 posts
4,853 battles

 

80% yes. I spent 500++ do u think I will waste my ships, and all my doubloons for signals in every game ? 

I personally plays 10 hours daily, and I DONT play coop, only Random and Ranked.

Even I dont win, I do my best to aim citadels and scores, everytime I look at the end game scores gives me heart attacks, the total XP stars I earnt with my DOUBLOONS / signals

Its frusfrating some players dont even try, dont even care about team mates, dont even look at map. 
Dreaming all the time and have no idea when to help, when to flee.


 

Edited by HammerKing1982

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,046
[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,224 posts
2 minutes ago, HammerKing1982 said:

80% yes. I spent 500++ do u think I will waste my ships, and all my doubloons for signals in every game ? 


 

I guess the players of the top clans that win clan battles often, do so because they bought the whole premium shop or something.  I am sure that they would love to hear this. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×