You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Macropov

Unsure why ban 5.07?

47 comments in this topic

[ARB_1]
Members
10 posts
3,811 battles

I was happily playing my kita in a div with a friend earlier and after a a peticularly poor match, I was kicked from the game to see a 7 day ban citing the 5.07 reason. As I don't use any program to play or control my ships I can only assume that this is either a false positive, or that perhaps one of my addons caused it. I only use 3 or 4? addons all of which are widely used and I believe are sanctioned.(such as a dynamic crosshair and smoke timer). 

This concerns me greatly because I have spent a fair amount of money on this game and it says it will be a permaban next time. Seeing as I don't know what I did wrong this time, that worries me that I will lose countless hours of hard work and money.

My friends I was playing with at the time of the ban claim "I must of played so badly they thought I was a bot"  They say this jokingly of course, but I have to wonder, it was a peticularly bad game (was in a dd, went to mid smoked up, got radared like a noob then got wreck'd. Got torbs off, did 0 dmg.) Course my friend in the other dd died right after and didn't get a ban so ? Unforchanaly, I am not a streamer and don't record my games. Is there a file somewhere or some logs or something I can send them?

Anyone have any constructive thoughts as to what it might be, and what I should do?

While I hate that I can't play right now and might cause my clan to be unable to participate in battles because of being short a boat.The real fear is how do I stop it from happening again.

Appologies if I posted this in the wrong area of the forums I was unsure as to where.

• Cool 1
  • Sad 2
  • Boring 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,270 posts
8,345 battles
2 minutes ago, Macropov said:

I was happily playing my kita in a div with a friend earlier and after a a peticularly poor match, I was kicked from the game to see a 7 day ban citing the 5.07 reason. As I don't use any program to play or control my ships I can only assume that this is either a false positive, or that perhaps one of my addons caused it. I only use 3 or 4? addons all of which are widely used and I believe are sanctioned.(such as a dynamic crosshair and smoke timer). 

This concerns me greatly because I have spent a fair amount of money on this game and it says it will be a permaban next time. Seeing as I don't know what I did wrong this time, that worries me that I will lose countless hours of hard work and money.

My friends I was playing with at the time of the ban claim "I must of played so badly they thought I was a bot"  They say this jokingly of course, but I have to wonder, it was a peticularly bad game (was in a dd, went to mid smoked up, got radared like a noob then got wreck'd. Got torbs off, did 0 dmg.) Course my friend in the other dd died right after and didn't get a ban so ? Unforchanaly, I am not a streamer and don't record my games. Is there a file somewhere or some logs or something I can send them?

Anyone have any constructive thoughts as to what it might be, and what I should do?

While I hate that I can't play right now and might cause my clan to be unable to participate in battles because of being short a boat.The real fear is how do I stop it from happening again.

Appologies if I posted this in the wrong area of the forums I was unsure as to where.

All the areas of the forums are the wrong place to discuss bans...  PM a WG community rep for more explanation.   

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
2 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

All the areas of the forums are the wrong place to discuss bans...  PM a WG community rep for more explanation.   

This and support should be able to give you a more detailed explanation. Delete the post and edit the title, a mod can delete it.

• Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
6,690 posts
7,321 battles

You are allowed to appeal your ban to support. As for us, we aren't able to openly discuss bans and sanctions on forums, nor really qualified to give any advice other than to contact support.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/category/25745/

Edited by warheart1992
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,529 posts
18,437 battles
25 minutes ago, Macropov said:

Appologies if I posted this in the wrong area of the forums I was unsure as to where

There are 2 mods that WoWs support: ModStation and Aslain. If your add-on belong to 1 of them, you have legit reason to contact customer support (CS).

Now, regard about your ban, like other had said above, you can send a ticket using the forum link (Player Support: located TOP of this website), explained to CS about what happen, what add-ons you were using and from where. Ask to appeal the ban.

regards, 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
707 posts
4,566 battles

Lol at whomever is giving out "boring" votes to everyone. 

As far as not running into this issue in the future, the safe bet is to use Mod Station and only Mod Station. Aslan's, while technically fine, has issues like this at times when WG's auto-ban system goes full bork. 

• Cool 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 4

[O_O]
Members
7,158 posts
18,012 battles
57 minutes ago, Macropov said:

Unforchanaly, I am not a streamer and don't record my games.

Your game replays are saved automatically.  Check your C: > Games folder > World of Warships NA folder > Replays folder.

[BONKS]
Members
3,156 posts
52 battles

Rule 5.07 states the following:

The following actions (and similar actions) are prohibited in game:

[...]

5.07. Using bots, clickers, macros, keyboard and mouse recorders, or any other similar methods that enables gameplay without the participation or with passive participation of the player in the battle.

Edited by El2aZeR
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[PPNA1]
Members
65 posts
6,819 battles
1 hour ago, JaeYuu80sevens said:

Only mod I ever ran was historical flags mod. I hear those are banned now. Is that true?

There are a couple in the Mod Station, so no, not banned.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles
14 minutes ago, Original_Sean said:

There's a Mod station? Where would I find it?

See here for the Modstation (the big title is the link to install)

and here for Aslain's, that at least as many people use.

• Thanks 1

[CNO]
Members
6,786 posts
20,382 battles
1 hour ago, JaeYuu80sevens said:

Only mod I ever ran was historical flags mod. I hear those are banned now. Is that true?

I suspect they would be. I know of at least one historical flag which would be against the TOS and hear there may be others.  Better to just ban the mod than to fight it.

Also, to OP, be sure to only used sanctioned mods from sanctioned entities.  It's not that a particular mod purpose in an unsanctioned mod is bad, it's just that some unsanctioned mods have code that can be manipulated for a bad purpose.  For example, say you have a simple mod that changes the color of your countdown clock.  No biggie, right?  But if the code that creates that color change is written in a way that allows a back door into other things...then that's where the ban comes from.  It's not that it's being used to change the color of the timer.  It's that it could be changing other stuff too.  All mods that WOWS allows are designed in a manner that should keep them clean in this regard.  

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
906 posts
6,686 battles
33 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I suspect they would be. I know of at least one historical flag which would be against the TOS and hear there may be others.  Better to just ban the mod than to fight it.\

Pretty sure the historical flag mods only change what the person running the mod sees, not any one else.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles
29 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I suspect they would be. I know of at least one historical flag which would be against the TOS and hear there may be others.  Better to just ban the mod than to fight it.

The Nazi swastika flag is banned, and has never been included in any historical flags mod that I've seen.  The fasces flag(s) used by the Italian Fascists is not banned, AFAIK.  I don't recall seeing one in the flag packs, though.

I use the historical flag mods regularly, including the IJN Rising Sun and the Taiwanese flag.

[WORX]
Members
14,297 posts
20,867 battles
3 hours ago, Macropov said:

I know nothing about your case, However here is were you go...

In WG's maind CS page.. Once you're log on, it gives you an option to appeal a ban... Located

• Under violation and penalties
    • Appeal a penalty
      • There is a list of bans possible... Click on one that applies...

Just so you know... Have your ducks in a row or any evidence to support your innocence... This system is your arbitrary right...

Your replays are stored in the Replay Folder of the root dir of WOWS.

GL

Members
77 posts
14 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

The Nazi swastika flag is banned, and has never been included in any historical flags mod that I've seen.  

Yeah, it was that one and the rising sun on IJN ships. I don't understand why any kind of cosmetic mod should be banned considering g it's seen by nobody else but the user who chooses to install it. 

[ARB_1]
Members
10 posts
3,811 battles

Thanks everyone for the advice, I have located the folder with my replays in it. I (at this point) had already submitted a ticket a few hours ago but no answer yet. Should I redo my ticket now to include those last 30 games in the folder? Or will all that do is put me to the back of the que?

[SALVO]
Members
26,700 posts
32,031 battles
2 minutes ago, JaeYuu80sevens said:

Yeah, it was that one and the rising sun on IJN ships. I don't understand why any kind of cosmetic mod should be banned considering g it's seen by nobody else but the user who chooses to install it. 

I think that it has to do with certain countries having laws against the display of these flags, even within video games.  And WG not wanting to risk any legal problems in these countries, or having to maintain different localizations for countries that do or do not have such laws.

Members
77 posts
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

I think that it has to do with certain countries having laws against the display of these flags, even within video games.  And WG not wanting to risk any legal problems in these countries, or having to maintain different localizations for countries that do or do not have such laws.

Not sure why WG would be on the hook for a mod made to the game on the user's end

Members
1,781 posts
1 minute ago, JaeYuu80sevens said:

Not sure why WG would be on the hook for a mod made to the game on the user's end

They would if they officially acknowledged the mod or helped distributing it (like including it in the mod station).

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles

The swastika flag is illegal to display in some countries, notably Germany (and Russia?).  In Japan the Rising Sun is not and they're actually using it again.  China is probably PO'd about that, and the WWII generation here likely would be too, but I prefer the historicity.

Edited by iDuckman

[WORX]
Members
14,297 posts
20,867 battles
16 minutes ago, Macropov said:

Thanks everyone for the advice, I have located the folder with my replays in it. I (at this point) had already submitted a ticket a few hours ago but no answer yet. Should I redo my ticket now to include those last 30 games in the folder? Or will all that do is put me to the back of the que?

We can't tell you how to fight (its against the Privacy clause of the TOS/EULA, its also against forum regs)... We only can show you where to go to your appeal...

GL

Members
88 posts
7,441 battles
49 minutes ago, Macropov said:

You can add to your request by pulling up the support ticket on your support page; At the bottom there is a box to send additional messages.  I would NOT send the last 30 replays, but would at least send the one that got you banned, which should be the most recent one.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,716 posts
19,640 battles

Just stick with the War Gaming Mod Pack and forget everything else. Aslain's supposedly is fine but why take the chance. Lots of good stuff at the WG Mod station.  

Fair seas. 

ModSquad | mods Archives - ModSquad