You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Big Hunt: the Raid Begins

97 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,251 posts
22,540 battles
35 minutes ago, chrisope said:

I wonder if the cat-looking captain will be available for those cat-loving people out there @Lert @Lord_Zath  :cat_cool:

That captain looks like a Mrr'san, but since WG owns MOO that makes sense.

• Cool 2

[KMB]
Members
3 posts
773 battles

Is the Big Hunt open yet or am I missing something? Nothing about it, other than the news bullitin will show up on my end.

[WOLF4]
Members
308 posts
11,081 battles

Quick video maths, looks like you can get maximum of 12 corporate tokens max, so 2 of the perma camos. You get 8 from the assorted random bundles, and 4 from the freexp/credit bundles (2 of the options may not worth spending credits/free xp on, so maybe only 10 tokens max (and 10k coal) if you don't want to lose 75,000 free xp or 7.5 million credits). But if you spend those resources for the max on those, it leaves you with 2 corporate tokens leftover (plus 20k coal). Can either be converted to 3 million credits total (1.5 mil each)--this doesn't pay off the 7.5 mil to spend for just one....- or spend 1k doubloons x3 for three more corporate tokens and you can get 3rd perma camo.

If going for maximum credits, 22.5 million credits conversion (minus 9 million dump to get to max tokens so net gain of 13.5 million) for corporate tokens and then measly amount for the battle tokens.

Not a money-grab intensive event to participate in some of the rewards, which I appreciate! Yeah yeah, time and energies to grind/play in this event but if this event or rewards aren't worth it to you, there is always the base game to go back to until the next event that may be to your liking next time!

Edited by ZaCLoNe
  • Cool 2

Members
7 posts
243 battles
1 hour ago, Skywalkorok said:

Is the Big Hunt open yet or am I missing something? Nothing about it, other than the news bullitin will show up on my end.

The event starts with the  0.10.2  release. That is scheduled for install 3/17

[CRF]
Members
1,090 posts
9,514 battles

"Apart from that, another special combat mission will require you to deal damage to enemies in the Big Hunt. The reward for completing it comes in the form of XP that will be counted towards the daily container progress. This mission can be completed an unlimited number of times. Once the event is over, any XP earned while playing the special ships will be transferred to Tier I cruiser Orlan. "

Wonderful - more XP that I will never convert to FXP because of the cost....current level of XP on elite ships would require over $500 worth of doubloons to convert - I have better things to spend my money on...at least one can use the XP for the daily missions.

• Cool 4

[TSF]
Members
601 posts
15,796 battles

I have to ask, WHY is WG wasting time, money and resources on this fantasy octagon death match nonsense?

PLEASE,  for the love of all that is holy, stop this waste of time and focus on actually fixing World of Warships. You know, that game we all actually invested our time and money in?

I'm not here to play "World of cat alien swimming monster octagon deathmatch twirly power waves etc etc etc"

Edited by Litigo_1970
  • Cool 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,405 posts
26,659 battles
4 hours ago, chrisope said:

I wonder if the cat-looking captain will be available for those cat-loving people out there @Lert @Lord_Zath  :cat_cool:

Don't forget @SithKitten

2 hours ago, ZaCLoNe said:

Quick video maths, looks like you can get maximum of 12 corporate tokens max, so 2 of the perma camos. You get 8 from the assorted random bundles, and 4 from the freexp/credit bundles (2 of the options may not worth spending credits/free xp on, so maybe only 10 tokens max (and 10k coal) if you don't want to lose 75,000 free xp or 7.5 million credits). But if you spend those resources for the max on those, it leaves you with 2 corporate tokens leftover (plus 20k coal). Can either be converted to 3 million credits total (1.5 mil each)--this doesn't pay off the 7.5 mil to spend for just one....- or spend 1k doubloons x3 for three more corporate tokens and you can get 3rd perma camo.

If going for maximum credits, 22.5 million credits conversion (minus 9 million dump to get to max tokens so net gain of 13.5 million) for corporate tokens and then measly amount for the battle tokens.

Not a money-grab intensive event to participate in some of the rewards, which I appreciate! Yeah yeah, time and energies to grind/play in this event but if this event or rewards aren't worth it to you, there is always the base game to go back to until the next event that may be to your liking next time!

I'm very interested in the credits for tokens conversion. Looking forward to dumping some!

• Funny 1

[PIZZA]
Members
1,165 posts
14,588 battles

What a solo-fixation WG has now? 

How about naval training center again and delete all progress? 

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,829 posts
22,720 battles

How many tokens do you get if you are killed and lose?

[CVA16]
Members
6,858 posts
21,047 battles

A division going into this has a huge advantage. They already have players that they know are not going to stab them in the back at the first opportunity. Not a big fan of the free for all formats of these death matches.

Or have I misinterpreted how this version works? Is it players vs monsters/bots only?

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Cool 1

[TFFOX]
Members
1,136 posts
4,359 battles

Gib permacamos plz

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,648 posts
17 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

A division going into this has a huge advantage. They already have players that they know are not going to stab them in the back at the first opportunity. Not a big fan of the free for all formats of these death matches.

Or have I misinterpreted how this version works? Is it players vs monsters/bots only?

its a deathmatch ...   and you take everything the player earned that you sank...  but you can team up

i have no desire for the latter

i sort of think this could be exploited...  but will have to see how it works once available..

[CVA16]
Members
6,858 posts
21,047 battles
2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

its a deathmatch ...   and you take everything the player earned that you sank...  but you can team up

i have no desire for the latter

So skullduggery and backstabbing are encouraged.

Plus, if you do honestly team up, your secondaries keep shooting your "allies" unless you turn them off.

• Sad 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,648 posts
Just now, Sabot_100 said:

So skullduggery and backstabbing are encouraged.

Plus, if you do honestly team up, your secondaries keep shooting your "allies" unless you turn them off.

well at least they state you cannot harm your teammates

[CVA16]
Members
6,858 posts
21,047 battles
16 minutes ago, SKurj said:

well at least they state you cannot harm your teammates

So there is some "official" agreement/checkbox that you are now teamed/divisioned with another player?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,648 posts
20 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

So there is some "official" agreement/checkbox that you are now teamed/divisioned with another player?

yup it says you can join as a div or you can team up once in game... 

image.thumb.png.c1ca4af2f295179f001cce776ae6cc20.png

[G0ATS]
Members
17 posts
7,962 battles

Hello can you please fix Cherry Blossom and Dynamo ?

Don't need new graphics. Just needs a smart guy in the team to change the AI of the planes and the carriers.

Maybe that is too much to ask though.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[TCAL]
Members
1,226 posts
12,779 battles

Why did this take over half an hour to download? My internet loads at 25 mb/sec - wth WG? :Smile-angry: Aren't these kind of things supposed to be preloaded? :Smile_amazed:

Not to mention I have no interest in this battle mode. I should be able to pass on this kind of download, it just wastes space in my system. :cap_horn:

• Cool 2

Members
82 posts
2,951 battles
8 hours ago, chrisope said:

That is exactly the first thing I looked for when they posted the event! I would buy a cat captain.

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
2,451 posts
6,843 battles

WG is REALLY running out of event formats when they keep going to this fantasy crapola. I find it hard to believe that they can't create something that is HISTORICAL or based on a historical event. There were a ton of naval battles in the Pacific that could be used. This is just another urchin event that I have zero interest in. 

• Cool 7
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,396 posts
26,838 battles
2 hours ago, Deputy276 said:

WG is REALLY running out of event formats when they keep going to this fantasy crapola. I find it hard to believe that they can't create something that is HISTORICAL or based on a historical event. There were a ton of naval battles in the Pacific that could be used. This is just another urchin event that I have zero interest in. 

I find these kinds of things silly and just tend to ignore this cartoon stuff. It does look like they want to develop a fantasy/space/cartoon game inside WoWS which is really odd. I don't care if it is in the game because there are people who like it and I don't have to play it. What does bug me is none of this crap allows you to grind your ships. The game is a grind, it was designed to be a grind, and all this fluff is extraneous nonsense and ignorable. 

Was really hopeful about Operations when they included them in the game. So many great naval battles to "recreate" and I was so excited about the mode. When they announced they were no longer looking to add that kind of content it was pretty crushing as I realized the game was going to just go overboard with this fantasy stuff.  I feel like Ms Cleo now.................. 

• Cool 9