Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shinytrashcan

Include a "Ballistics" section in port

4 comments in this topic

Members
1,781 posts

OK, so this is something that keeps bothering me: There is no way to assess AP shell performance in port, nor are values like ricochet angles or overmatch tabulated in port.

It is not that these values are not available on various sites, or that they are hidden secrets unearthed over time. So why not show them in an extra page in port? Similar to how the "Equipment" or armor viewer change the view in port, why can't we get a screen with a rough table of penetration values for the AP shells, a representation of the autobounce angles, fuze timers etc., and overmatch threshold values?

The main target audience for such a change isn't so much the veteran players, but the new players who come into the match and sometimes don't even realize these mechanics are in the game. Without going into a training room and actually trying it for every single ship, or by trial and error in regular coop/randoms, people have no idea how much armor their shells can actually pen. And how would they, the game does not tell you this anywhere afaik.

Having something like a large panel with the usual pen/distance graph along two or three smaller panels representing overmatch, fuse settings, and autobounce (maybe even normalization?) would not be too hard, would it?

• Cool 2

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,474 posts

Feel the force Luke ....let go Luke.

You'll figure it out m8.

It's WeGee you're talking to ...ever heard of "on def ears?"

It happens all around.

Good luck.

Beta Testers
19,048 posts
7,381 battles

There's plenty of advanced information not available in the game and can only be seen online, which is rather unfortunate. 

The argument I hear consistently on this topic is that it would provide an "overload" of information for new players (and quite a few existing ones). It's actually a very poor argument, particularly when weighed against the benefits. The path I would take regarding all of this would to place such information under a discrete "Advanced" tab in line with the ships' statistics. That, or "Additional Information" - something that tells the player that the information isn't particularly critical...although near half the time most players can't seem to list the detection range of their ship without pressing H.

Regardless, your idea is good. I support it, though in a bit of an expanded form.

Sign in to follow this