You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Steel_Calvary

Pommern or Moskva and why

16 comments in this topic

[SR-_-]
Members
5,018 posts
46,796 battles

which one is going away?

get the one that is going away first.

personal favorite is pommern.

I made a nice secbat, high survivor build out of mine. 

DM me if you decide to get Pommy. I can send you the screenshot of the captain skills I use, upgrades, and why I use them in notes. 

And before someone chimes in that secbat is dead, well, I did have a really nice 4 ship sunk match in Randoms where I power pushed my way across 3 caps and survived to win the game. I was #1 on leader board and the Viking Gods approved. I think even some Valkyries even got the vapors watching that match. 

I was unstoppable. 

I am available all week. 

• Cool 1

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,472 posts

Depends on your playstyle m8.

Moskva is a bow in super heavy crusiers  called Battleship Moskva. You play her bow in ..Pommern Is a Friedrich de Grosse with torpedos and lots more main guns . Great for brawling.

Again back to square one ,depends on your playstyle.

I've got both and I'm happy them . Marco polo is next on the list ...Neustrashimy will just have to wait. Lol.

GL m8

Cheers.:Smile_honoring:

[-BCO-]
Members
3,026 posts
5,246 battles
2 hours ago, Steel_Calvary said:

Hay I got almost enough coal for one or the other.  Which one should I get and why???  thanks

Definitively Pommern. Great  credit earner, ( even in coop) good for missions, ( sec hits, fires) and a lot more fun. I would recommend Moskva a bit later. She gets very easily  citadelled, requires quite a bit of positional awareness, overall much higher skill floor.

[OO7]
WoWS Community Contributors, Alpha Tester
175 posts
16,581 battles

Honestly it depends on what kind of player you are and what your playstyle is.

At current, I would lean towards Moskva because she's just got railguns and a plethora of utility, and can be used in competitive formats.

Pommern is also strong but post-10.0 secondary builds are few and far in between. She's tanky sure but honestly why play a brawling ship when the Dead Eye meta has rolled over the high-tiers?

My .02, Moskva all the way. I enjoy battlecruisers and large cruisers more than anything personally and consider myself a battlecruiser/heavy cruiser player. She has great bow armor, great time to target for main battery and hydro/radar combo means you can truly cut off a large swathe of the map to DDs a lot of the time and stay alive to do so.

[WOLF9]
Members
519 posts

Pommern - Great all-around German BB, decent secondaries & torps!  My favorite German BB.

Moskva - Just another in the long line of Russian bow in battle cruisers.  For me, totally forgettable!  I'd rather be playing almost any other Russian cruiser.

[KIA-C]
Members
3,827 posts
16,949 battles

I hate Pommern. Guns are not accurate, small and the reload is long. Building this ship with a normal tank build can kinda work but you may as well play other BB if you're going to do that and secondary build are just unreliable and not fun. 

Moksva is not a bad ship but it can be fairly hard to do well in this ship. You have to accept that your concealment is basically the same as Yamato with full concealment build, that you're big and your side are extremely squishy. But if you can work with those weakness then yeah go for her, she can be fun to play.

[PUMA]
Members
1,238 posts
11,256 battles
8 hours ago, Steel_Calvary said:

Hay I got almost enough coal for one or the other.  Which one should I get and why???  thanks

Got both and clearly prefer Pommern as I like to get up close and personal.

Think of Pommern as an FdG after some serious Rocky Balboa style personal training.

[PVE]
Members
1,147 posts
9,739 battles

Can't speak to Pommern, but Moskva is great if driven correctly. Her nose is made of stalinium and can bounce dang near anything. Her sides are squishy so you want to be careful when unleashing her rear guns (like all cruisers really). Her accuracy and range are great. She's a good fire starter. Her rate of fire is good. Her AP is quite good and can pen a surprising amount of BB armor at mid and close range. Moskva might not be the best in any situation, but she's quite good in them.

[ITSUS]
Members
2 posts
1,641 battles
6 hours ago, Bandi73 said:

Definitivamente Pommern. Grande ganhador de crédito, (mesmo em coop) bom para missões, (segundos acertos, incêndios) e muito mais divertido. Eu recomendaria Moskva um pouco mais tarde. Ela fica muito facilmente protegida, requer um pouco de consciência posicional, no geral um nível de habilidade muito mais alto.

Também gosto de jogar com ele porém poderia ter algumas melhorias neste navio pequenas atualização faria uma diferença se pudesse existir melhorias significativa q colocassem os navio mais imponente bonito diferenciar dos outros e ter sua própria identidade isso seria bom

[ITSUS]
Members
2 posts
1,641 battles
3 minutes ago, MasterDiggs said:

Não posso falar com Pommern, mas Moskva é ótimo se dirigido corretamente. Seu nariz é feito de stalinium e pode pular perto de qualquer coisa. Suas laterais são moles, então você deve ter cuidado ao disparar suas armas traseiras (como todos os cruzadores, na verdade). Sua precisão e alcance são excelentes. Ela é uma boa iniciadora de fogo. Sua cadência de tiro é boa. Seu AP é muito bom e pode gerar uma quantidade surpreendente de blindagem de BB em distâncias médias e curtas. Moskva pode não ser a melhor em nenhuma situação, mas ela é muito boa nelas.

Também gosto de jogar com ele porém poderia ter algumas melhorias neste navio pequenas atualização faria uma diferença se pudesse existir melhorias significativa q colocassem os navio mais imponente bonito diferenciar dos outros e ter sua própria identidade isso seria bom modificar dependendo de dobroes ou jogadas especiais você fica mais forte em blindado e ataque isso dependeria de casa e jogadas

[-REK-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
767 posts
10 hours ago, Steel_Calvary said:

pommern not even close

Members
55 posts
7,767 battles

Moskva; because I already have her. :P

But seriously, what others have said.  It depends on your play style.  Brawl or nose insniping?

1. I've found that the Moskva is really good at getting consistent potential damage numbers in PVE.  That's what I primarily use her for.  Though even nose in, she's susceptible to plunging fire.  You have to keep juking around.  Found that out the hard way.