You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_PS6817KZGfrj

CV/No CV game modes

CV/No CV game modes  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a new CV-free game mode in WoWS? E.g. similar to Random, Coop, etc. - something like "Surface ships only". MM in that mode would only pick BBs, CA/CLs and DDs. So that players could choose game mode they would enjoy more.

• Yes! I think it's a win-win solution. Players who are OK with CV with play together. Others will have fun in surface ships only mode. More happy players in good for WoWS and WG as happy players would be more willing to spend MORE on the game they like.
    • No, that makes the game unbalanced yet again. CVs players would have hardly anybody to sink except other CVs if other players would be given a choice.
    • Maybe. I'd give it a try, but I cannot say for sure which way is better.

50 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Not going to happen. Also no bacon option invalidates the poll.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
9,025 battles

According to some in the forums, a tiny minority of players dislikes CVs, so a CV free mode wouldn't even be noticeable for the MM. The vast majority of players would continue to be happy with CVs around and the tiny minority would be happy playing among themselves with higher quality players. Everyone is happy. Win win situation and no one would have a reasonable argument to oppose this...........

.....unless they don't actually believe in their own words.

Edited by WarStore
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Meh 3

Members
1,701 posts
2,065 battles
14 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Not going to happen.

I doubt that. From what I've seen in the dev blogs, Key Battles is coming back & there are no aircraft carriers allowed. 

• Haha 1

[CLUMP]
Members
2,087 posts
2,429 battles

That's never going happen and not because I say so :fish_sleep: It's because wargaming has never done this in WOT so I doubt they will do this in WOWS :Smile_hiding: 

[BONKZ]
Members
301 posts
8,658 battles

I thought for sure people who didn't accept the CV rework left the game long ago.

I guess there's still some left.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,363 battles
52 minutes ago, WarStore said:

According to some in the forums, a tiny minority of players dislikes CVs, so a CV free mode wouldn't even be noticeable for the MM. The vast majority of players would continue to be happy with CVs around and the tiny minority would be happy playing among themselves with higher quality players. Everyone is happy. Win win situation and no one would have a reasonable argument to oppose this...........

.....unless they don't actually believe in their own words.

I've never seen that opinion. The issue raised by those opposed to the mode is the opposite, everyone would pick the CV free mode (because who wants to be a surface target with CVs guaranteed). This would leave CVs to only play against themselves, which of course isn't fun at all. The result would be to effectively remove CVs. Which I know many would cheer, but if WG wanted that effect they'd just go ahead and remove CVs. Regardless of what the players think it's not going to happen, WG isn't going to introduce a MM choice that essentially makes one class useless.

So can we please stop making this thread, it's not going to happen.

• Boring 3

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
9,025 battles
Just now, AJTP89 said:

I've never seen that opinion. The issue raised by those opposed to the mode is the opposite, everyone would pick the CV free mode (because who wants to be a surface target with CVs guaranteed). This would leave CVs to only play against themselves, which of course isn't fun at all. The result would be to effectively remove CVs. Which I know many would cheer, but if WG wanted that effect they'd just go ahead and remove CVs. Regardless of what the players think it's not going to happen, WG isn't going to introduce a MM choice that essentially makes one class useless.

So can we please stop making this thread, it's not going to happen.

But how could it be? The vast majority of players either don't mind CVs, see it as a another layer of challenge or simply like it. 

Only a tiny minority of toxic vocal haters would go to that mode.

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[SR-_-]
Members
5,018 posts
46,903 battles

Well...try it in EU server first. If the CVs over there are lonely because nobody plays with them for days after a week, DDs are so happy in the other mode, and WG thinks that is okay; then sure, why not?

I think a separate but equal place is in order. It works for education, jobs, health care, equality, and whatever else is deemed a controversial topic these days...

*throws Bat Grappling hook over wall and flies over this thread's wall

[SR-_-]
Members
5,018 posts
46,903 battles
47 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

I doubt that. From what I've seen in the dev blogs, Key Battles is coming back & there are no aircraft carriers allowed. 

OH no!  Yet another mode CVs denied. What next? KOTS?

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[PVE]
Members
9,038 posts
25,427 battles
1 hour ago, The_Longest_Torpedo said:

What do you think of CV/No CV game mode?

I think the same thing you do...that it's obviously never going to happen...

It somehow seems that at this point I should be asking the inevitable question of why you even started this thread... but that would lead to the other inevitable question of why am I taking the bait & responding to it :-0

[SR-_-]
Members
5,018 posts
46,903 battles
16 minutes ago, HuTao_prpr said:

I thought for sure people who didn't accept the CV rework left the game long ago.

I guess there's still some left.

Do you happen to know where they went? Did they go to Iskandar? Did they leave to another Shadow Realm? Did they go to Canada? Did they leave for Mars? 

Did they go to another game that turns out was meh? 

I thought WG crushed the Rebellion? You mean there are pockets of resistance on Redditt? 

*WG sends Death--ahem -Big Satellite Orbital Laser of Doom painted Red called "Red Star" to Redditt headquarters to solve this problem. Destroys potted plant in lobby with laser as a warning. Lobby receptionist with meatball hairstyle passes out and says: "Help me home depot , we are complaint department's only hope!"

Darth Weezer shaped like a bear, dressed in all Red : "Hit another plant. That annoying British succulent and that cactus shaped like a can." *takes inhaler whiff.

*another set of plants die a horrible laser death.

Redditt: "What do we do? We have no way to fight a laser from space!" *posts on Twitter to see if anybody can help with panic hype train. Sends Instagram photo of dead plants and passed out meatball head receptionist to enrage the public. 

Darth Weezer: *sighs "They are running, must be lunch time. They are not taking this seriously. Okay, take out the breakroom coffee machine. They will have to notice that."

*somewhere 4 blocks away an old man serving Starbucks suddenly collapses. Another employee asks: "What is wrong Ben?" 

Ben: "One of our vending machines was taken out by a superlaser. I heard thousands of coffee K-cups screaming inside that was not consumed by customers. That nearly killed me. The employees at that place will be devastated. We must rescue them before it is too late. Low caffeine is no joke. They could die." 

Ben: "Get the manager and his Falcon. We must go there immediately." 

Luke: "Okay, but this is going to be overtime. I recently misspelled a cup for that one woman and she gave me the evil eye. She comes here all the time, but I keep accidentally calling her Plisken. She already used a snake on me. "

Ben: "Take the dog. We need him to search for survivors."

Luke: "Come along Chewie." 

Han: "I swear Ben, this better be good. Last time, I went on a 3 year wild goose chase."

Ben: "I hear the receptionist has nice hair." 

Han: "Swell. One of those."

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,569 battles
1 hour ago, LastRemnant said:

That's never going happen and not because I say so :fish_sleep: It's because wargaming has never done this in WOT so I doubt they will do this in WOWS :Smile_hiding: 

Yeah this is pretty much the case .  Don’t get me wrong OP I would love it. Ideally put em in a mode with subs.  But I don’t see it happening.  The best shot at anything I can see ship players getting  is manual AA.  Though even that seems unlikely with our hosts track record. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 1

[IJAG]
Members
374 posts
18,986 battles

"Surface Ships Only." Funny because CVs technically are surface ships. It should just be called "non CV mode" and I would love the idea. I would want WG to do the same for subs if they were added to the game too.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,018 posts
46,903 battles
19 minutes ago, USAPatriotGamer said:

"Surface Ships Only." Funny because CVs technically are surface ships. It should just be called "non CV mode" and I would love the idea. I would want WG to do the same for subs if they were added to the game too.

It would be funny as that mode would have CV players trying to get DD players to division with them. CV player:  "Come play in a Div in CV mode".   DD player: "Uh, right, I think I have a dental appointment, see ya." CV: "Wait! Come back! I guess I can see if I can get a few Musashi players rounded up. Let's hope Bob finds a few too." 

Musashi Player: "Oh heck No!" CV: "Oh come on! It can't be that bad in there!" Musashi: "Yes it can. Yes it can...."

• Cool 1

[KENT]
Members
423 posts
8,189 battles
2 hours ago, The_Longest_Torpedo said:

I'm not for it, but it's not because I'm pro CV (and I'm not with the current system). It's because it's opening up pandora's box.

What I mean is that once you open the door to exclude a class from random battles, others will quickly jump on the opportunity to exclude more and more classes of ships from the game. Those who feel battleships are overpowered, those who feel cruisers are overpowered, and those who feel that destroyers are overpowered will all be clambering at the seams to get a game mode that excludes whatever class they hate.

And there's also ships that are balanced by carriers being in their games (believe me, I hate that sort of balancing choice). The best example I have is that French destroyers. There's a reason why mogador dominated competitive before it was limited.

So the argument that carriers should be in their separate game mode is just fundamentally flawed. That's all.

But judging by your poll options, I don't think you're in favour of carriers. And you don't want anyone else to be.

Edited by mcgibe

[-AGW-]
Members
118 posts
30,448 battles

I mostly play Co-op and it irks me to no end when with no CVs in queue WG/MM force-feeds them into the battle.

That and CO-ops where I'm the only human player :)

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,961 posts
23,351 battles

2015 called. They don't actually want their thread back.

• Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,567 posts
13,017 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Not going to happen. Also no bacon option invalidates the poll.

Thank you for this quick post I was working missed this grievous violation  +1 for the pick up .

No bacon =  

10 Times Crisps Made You Hideously Angry - SORTEDfood

[HOLE]
Members
269 posts
2,368 battles
2 hours ago, The_Longest_Torpedo said:

No, that makes the game unbalanced yet again. CVs players would have hardly anybody to sink except other CVs if other players would be given a choice.  Seems pretty bias choice composed .........................

I have a better idea. Why not make it where you can choose what ships and tiers to have as the enemy. That way you can set the odds in your favor so you can have fun and enjoy the game..............................................

The real question is why do people download a warships game but cant handle the contents of the game? People played board game for years as they were made. Sports, you cant pick and choose how the game is played. You learn to play it as it is.

Instead of trying to change the game to your like. Why not either adapt or just uninstall and move on. Maybe if enough of you pool your money together, then you can pay a developer to build the game you want. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[IJAG]
Members
374 posts
18,986 battles
28 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

I have a better idea. Why not make it where you can choose what ships and tiers to have as the enemy. That way you can set the odds in your favor so you can have fun and enjoy the game..............................................

Seal Clubbing

[HOLE]
Members
269 posts
2,368 battles
37 minutes ago, USAPatriotGamer said:

Seal Clubbing

That happens everyday. lol. They have to keep them stat's up or their buddies wont want them around. lmbo. Birds of a feather often flock together.

• Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
936 posts
7,732 battles
4 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Crying about CVs in 2021 :cap_book:

While it's finally no longer 1-3 threads saying this on the front page EVERY DAY this won't "go away" until subs came out.  Kinda how like open-water stealth firing died down only once everyone complained about radar, and complaining about radar only died down once the CV rework happened.  Any time anything disrupts the meta, especially for destroyers, it is all anyone can talk about until the next thing.