Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Update 0.10.2 – Italian Battleships: Part 2

60 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4,490
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,966 posts
23,351 battles
Quote

A Star is issued to each member of a Division for the first victory gained by that Division during Update 0.10.2.

@Hapa_Fodder How are unique divisions determined for the purpose of the new Division Star mechanic? Do we have to find 45 different combinations of members somehow? Play on 45 different days? Or just remake the div 45 times with the same people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,481
[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,533 battles
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

@Hapa_Fodder How are unique divisions determined for the purpose of the new Division Star mechanic? Do we have to find 45 different combinations of members somehow? Play on 45 different days? Or just remake the div 45 times with the same people?

I am looking for clarification on this myself, as I had the same question. As far as I know, if I have say 40 people in my clan and I division with each of them individually we will still get 40 stars.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,490
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,966 posts
23,351 battles
4 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I am looking for clarification on this myself, as I had the same question. As far as I know, if I have say 40 people in my clan and I division with each of them individually we will still get 40 stars.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Okay. Would love to know how that works with 3-player divisions as well.

Also, FYI, the "other improvements and changes" link (at the very end of the very last rollup) is 404'ing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,693
[ARGSY]
Members
25,666 posts
19,741 battles

I can understand some of these...

image.thumb.png.229339039b6bd9b0c8f605f8c696e299.png

...but for Pete's sake, why the Nelson? It's not like they're exactly flooding the queues! Likewise Graf Spee.

The one bright side of this is that DOY will still be available as a free British premium BB, and that Nelson won't be competing with more expensive FXP ships.

Going to have to have a look at the Z-39.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,481
[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,533 battles
15 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Also, FYI, the "other improvements and changes" link (at the very end of the very last rollup) is 404'ing.

It worked for me... You mean the spoiler doesn't expand for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
386
[AZUR1]
Members
271 posts
5,668 battles

Asashio is a well-designed ship.  (not pay-2-win, and not pay-2-lose)

Didn't see a another well designed ship in last 2 years.

 

And Roma should also get SAP

Edited by Lancelot0001
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
91
[IROCZ]
Members
142 posts
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I can understand some of these...

image.thumb.png.229339039b6bd9b0c8f605f8c696e299.png

...but for Pete's sake, why the Nelson? It's not like they're exactly flooding the queues! Likewise Graf Spee.

The one bright side of this is that DOY will still be available as a free British premium BB, and that Nelson won't be competing with more expensive FXP ships.

Going to have to have a look at the Z-39.

At T6-T7 ... I rarely see a Graf Spee on occasion.  I haven't seen a Nelson in the last 4 months.  The explanation seems odd.  But at least w/ the Nelson specifically, they are likley rotating it out since it's a Free XP ship - it has been available for quite a while now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,490
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,966 posts
23,351 battles
20 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

It worked for me... You mean the spoiler doesn't expand for you?

It was the link to the support page with the detailed list. Probably wasn't up yet, it's there now, issue resolved itself. :cap_book:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,839
[WOLFC]
Members
3,385 posts
12,111 battles
44 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

...but for Pete's sake, why the Nelson? It's not like they're exactly flooding the queues! Likewise Graf Spee.

 

25 minutes ago, uberfu said:

At T6-T7 ... I rarely see a Graf Spee on occasion.  I haven't seen a Nelson in the last 4 months.  The explanation seems odd.  But at least w/ the Nelson specifically, they are likley rotating it out since it's a Free XP ship - it has been available for quite a while now.

I expect it might just be Nelson’s time, considering that she has been available at the (now) comparatively low FXP price forever. I wouldn’t be surprised if she becomes available by other means down the road.

In regards to Graf Spee, I suspect the combination of being the mid-point reward of the Odin dockyard and the number in the recent tier VI clan battles is why she is being pulled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,261
[HINON]
Members
9,245 posts
13,933 battles

Marco is finally coming, oh that sweet 16" SAP

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,707
[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,558 posts
11,226 battles

A few things:

1- 

Quote

The aiming sights of aircraft carrier squadrons will now display a land-hit indicator similar to that displayed for the main battery guns of ships.

I do not see land-hit indicators on my main battery gunsights. Yes, not running mods or anything. If I aim at a ship say 22km away, I'm using spotter plane to see him behind terrain... and there is a hill the shells will hit on the way to it, but my aimpoint is not pointed at a ground object but at the ship itself (spotter plane) ... where would I be seeing an indicator that my shells will hit the hill?

 

2- Italian secondaries are useless if the 90mm's can't even pen the armor of a destroyer. Not even with IFHE will they do it. Since these are the bulk of these BB's secondaries, what is the point of having them? They should be boosted just like IJN 100mm were so they can at least defend the ship vs destroyers. 

 

3- Is there a coming graphical fix for the strange and disorienting visual effect of ships sailing through water but the animations not matching? Plenty of threads about this since the last patch. 

 

4- Pet peeve of mine: Battleships now have no reason to switch to HE to counter destroyers... an HE shell from an 18 inch or 20 inch main battery does no more or less damage than an HE from a light cruiser shell...and said HE of ~6k damage per shell hitting a destroyer won't do more than 1k~ to it... meanwhile the overpen of an AP from 14k+ dmg per shell is higher than what you'd get from an HE hit. So why switch?  BB HE shells need to be given much wider blast radius at the very least. 

 

5- How come soviet steel/coal ships that infest every single battle and ranked and clan battles are never removed? Of that entire list of ships being removed I hardly remember seeing one per week for the past 2 months. But EVERY SINGLE battle has at least a couple of stalingrads/smolensks/moskva's. So do tell us, just how are these decisions to remove ships made because it is obvious it is NOT because of ship popularity or their effect on the game. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,475
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,805 posts
24,966 battles

Why no changes to the Captain skills? Need to see some movement there - especially with Grease the Gears. Return it to degrees per second instead of %, please.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
971
Members
2,070 posts
12,862 battles
7 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

4- Pet peeve of mine: Battleships now have no reason to switch to HE to counter destroyers... an HE shell from an 18 inch or 20 inch main battery does no more or less damage than an HE from a light cruiser shell...and said HE of ~6k damage per shell hitting a destroyer won't do more than 1k~ to it... meanwhile the overpen of an AP from 14k+ dmg per shell is higher than what you'd get from an HE hit. So why switch?  BB HE shells need to be given much wider blast radius at the very least. 

What?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,437
[-BCO-]
Members
3,026 posts
5,311 battles

Well, Dasha is gorgeous as always,so.....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
995
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
16,553 battles
2 hours ago, Skyfaller said:

 

2- Italian secondaries are useless if the 90mm's can't even pen the armor of a destroyer. Not even with IFHE will they do it. Since these are the bulk of these BB's secondaries, what is the point of having them? They should be boosted just like IJN 100mm were so they can at least defend the ship vs destroyers. 

 

HEAR HEAR... The Italian 90mm was on par or better than the so called German "deadly" 88.  Come on WG lets give the Italians their due on this gun.  Its ROF should be a slower, but its ability to hit and do damage should be slightly better.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
275
[_BDA_]
Members
661 posts
10,277 battles

Well poo and other comments. 

My clan is about as inactive as they get (the commander hasn't logged in in about a year) so I'm not going to have clan mates to Division with.  I don't suppose I can div with someone from another clan for the purpose of stars?

Edited by michael_zahnle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
275
[_BDA_]
Members
661 posts
10,277 battles
4 hours ago, uberfu said:

At T6-T7 ... I rarely see a Graf Spee on occasion.  I haven't seen a Nelson in the last 4 months.  The explanation seems odd.  But at least w/ the Nelson specifically, they are likley rotating it out since it's a Free XP ship - it has been available for quite a while now.

I have 2 cruisers I routinely play to get citadels... Devonshire and Graf Spee.  Obviously we haven't had the honor of jack-slapping bots recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
384
[VOP]
Members
1,085 posts
5 hours ago, uberfu said:

At T6-T7 ... I rarely see a Graf Spee on occasion.  I haven't seen a Nelson in the last 4 months.  The explanation seems odd.  But at least w/ the Nelson specifically, they are likley rotating it out since it's a Free XP ship - it has been available for quite a while now.

True, but the Nelson is not really taking up any space or bothering anyone. WG should leave it for newer players to buy.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
402
[LSNB]
Members
1,740 posts
6,718 battles

Isn't "diversity" just an excuse to rotate in new ships and force players to buy them for real money later? Incentivizing players to buy them before they leave tends to have the opposite effect of diversity.

Instead of just outright removing ships, why not introduce more buffs/nerfs to make other ships more viable to encourage natural diversity? Sure, it may not be profitable, but it's healthy for the game. If the ships were downright OP like Thunderer, they would  create more queue spam and less accesibility for newer players.

Also, I haven't seen this new iteration of Big Hunt yet, but the game mode seems to be leaning more toward the filth farming twilight mode and focusing less on pvp.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,885
[PVE]
Members
9,038 posts
25,433 battles
8 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I am looking for clarification on this myself, as I had the same question. As far as I know, if I have say 40 people in my clan and I division with each of them individually we will still get 40 stars.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

It says you can earn them in scenarios also...if 7 members div for a scenario & each get a single star from that division...does that eliminate them 7 players from the list of players you can div with to earn stars? Or can you only div w/1 at a time for this even in scenarios to earn a star?

Any extra clarifying details would be helpful...Thanx.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
384
[VOP]
Members
1,085 posts
55 minutes ago, destawaits said:

Isn't "diversity" just an excuse to rotate in new ships and force players to buy them for real money later? Incentivizing players to buy them before they leave tends to have the opposite effect of diversity.

Instead of just outright removing ships, why not introduce more buffs/nerfs to make other ships more viable to encourage natural diversity? Sure, it may not be profitable, but it's healthy for the game. If the ships were downright OP like Thunderer, they would  create more queue spam and less accesibility for newer players.

Also, I haven't seen this new iteration of Big Hunt yet, but the game mode seems to be leaning more toward the filth farming twilight mode and focusing less on pvp.

 

Yes indeed. 

 

@Hapa_Fodder How are they measuring this alleged popularity? If a person just goes by the total number of battles, that is purely distorted data. Spee and Nelson are old premiums. Of course they will have plenty of battles racked up. 

 

How many people see a Nelson or Spee daily? Weekly?  Is there data for weekly numbers that we can see? When I play those tiers, they are definitely not flooded by Spees and Nelsons.

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
976
[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
2,139 posts
24,326 battles

ok well if i read this right we wont see the italian T10 BB till 0.10.3  ..........if so why do we have to wait for so long to complete the line 

will the premium containers be out on wednesday or the usuall friday  

and why did this thread on forums close just after 2 hrs  . Update 0.10.2 – Italian Battleships: Part 2 - News And Announcements - World of Warships official forum

its not the first time something new has been in the news and the forum thread was closed after 2hrs 

Edited by Gaelic_knight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
128
[BTH]
Members
342 posts
20,185 battles
Quote

We've improved the operation of the ship's autoidiot when moving backwards and when changing course.

:Smile_veryhappy:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,885
[PVE]
Members
9,038 posts
25,433 battles
14 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I can understand some of these...

image.thumb.png.229339039b6bd9b0c8f605f8c696e299.png

...but for Pete's sake, why the Nelson? It's not like they're exactly flooding the queues! Likewise Graf Spee.

The one bright side of this is that DOY will still be available as a free British premium BB, and that Nelson won't be competing with more expensive FXP ships.

Going to have to have a look at the Z-39.

Nelson has been around since before the Musashi (Mush was the 3rd FXP ship & Mo was 1st & Nelson 2nd)...surprised it wasn't pulled a long time ago just for that reason.

That "reason" (in pink) is just a copy/paste they use when removing ships no matter what the actual reason for the removal is... they've been using it for multiple updates along w/the, "we're letting you know in advance so you can stear them into your port" spiel.

Don't try to apply that quote to any specific ship in the lists as it's just a meme at this point.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×