You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hukom

Marco Polo for 228,000 Coal

38 comments in this topic

[FRR]
Members
1,044 posts
17,994 battles

Relies on AP and SAP shells. With nine 406mm guns that are "more accurate". Interessante!

Marco.thumb.png.a51847369c2256b32ebef5711adbdecb.png

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
437 posts
16,134 battles

But no fuel smoke, unlike the rest of the line and low HP, barely above Lion and below most others by 10k HP. Got to boost the range and hang in the back slinging 16” SAP. 
Regardless still probably an instant buy for me. 

Edited by custer_14
  • Cool 1

[FRR]
Members
1,044 posts
17,994 battles
14 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

But no fuel smoke, unlike the rest of the line.

Yes. I can live with that. Accurate guns, and spotting aircraft. 

[PVE]
Members
1,147 posts
9,763 battles

Does anyone know that it's sigma is? With a 36 second base reload I don't see why I wouldn't stick with JB or Missouri with their higher ROF (HE vs SAP notwithstanding).

[PVE]
Members
14,739 posts
31,392 battles
1 minute ago, MasterDiggs said:

Does anyone know that it's sigma is? With a 36 second base reload I don't see why I wouldn't stick with JB or Missouri with their higher ROF (HE vs SAP notwithstanding).

As long as they don't change the stats right before release, which they are famous (infamous?) for doing, it is 1.8.

• Cool 3

[SGSS]
Members
6,309 posts

Looks like Roma visually.

Hopefully she has a super heal with the HP pool.

For what ever reason all Italian ships have been fun and interesting.

Abbritzio is a beast if you treat it like a DD with heal

Cruiser line you have to wait till Zara but there still good.

[EQRN]
Members
2,301 posts
21,479 battles
38 minutes ago, Hukom said:

Yes. I can live with that. Accurate guns, and spotting aircraft. 

It doesn't say accurate guns, it says more accurate (than tech tree Italian BBs), and Bismarck would fit that description- I don't see many people sing the praises of Bismarck accuracy :cap_hmm:

[WOLF9]
Members
1,541 posts
26,541 battles

She will be mine for the coal.  I need to see what the missions are to get the permacamo. 

[FRR]
Members
1,044 posts
17,994 battles
8 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

It doesn't say accurate guns, it says more accurate (than tech tree Italian BBs), and Bismarck would fit that description- I don't see many people sing the praises of Bismarck accuracy :cap_hmm:

You are correct. And if it is indeed "more accurate" than the tech tree Italian BBs, we'll see. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,112 posts
16,890 battles

Looks like a 'worst of both worlds' fusion of Sovetsky Soyuz and Iowa.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,680 posts
19,754 battles

Note that this ship has a chance to be won from free crates in the next patch. If I were you, I would exhaust all possible opportunities to do this before spending the coal.

• Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
5,915 posts
9,434 battles

No fuel smoke? Damn, I wonder when we’ll get a premium RM BB that actually plays like the rest of the line?

• Cool 2

Members
701 posts
8,737 battles

Pass. 36 second reload, regardless of everything else, just screams low DPS compared to almost every other tier 9 BB. Unless you are just using cruisers for punching bags anyway. I'd rather use my Alsace. Or Missouri and Musashi. Or just skip tier 9 and use my 10's.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,882 posts
2,681 battles

I'm intrigued. I have the coal. Will wait until I see what some of these new DDs are going to cost first, though.

[PVE]
Members
14,739 posts
31,392 battles
3 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Yeah, it's basically going to be a Roma with  9 406MM guns and 0.9km more range. Same dispersion pattern and same sigma. It will be more accurate than the tech tree BB's but that isn't saying much. Watched some streamers playing it today and OY the accuracy is still so bad even with the 1.8 sigma. At least from what I saw if it hits (and yes I said IF not when) it looked to hit pretty hard and not as many overpens as Roma. SAP was once again disappointing, like the tech tree BB's, from what I saw. 

[SGSS]
Members
6,309 posts
3 hours ago, Hukom said:

You are correct. And if it is indeed "more accurate" than the tech tree Italian BBs, we'll see. 

T4 5 and 6 I think are pretty accurate.

T7 how ever leave something to be desired.

[SGSS]
Members
6,309 posts
13 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah, it's basically going to be a Roma with  9 406MM guns and 0.9km more range. Same dispersion pattern and same sigma. It will be more accurate than the tech tree BB's but that isn't saying much. Watched some streamers playing it today and OY the accuracy is still so bad even with the 1.8 sigma. At least from what I saw if it hits (and yes I said IF not when) it looked to hit pretty hard and not as many overpens as Roma. SAP was once again disappointing, like the tech tree BB's, from what I saw. 

I will take Roma with 16 inch shells.  I cannot understand the reload.

No other ship with 16 inch has that reload.  There does not seem to be anything truly different with these guns that are not on other 16 inch gun ships

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,221 posts
27,001 battles

Here's Fitting Tool entry for IX Premium BB Marco Polo, in case anyone was wondering where are the numbers coming from.

She has 1.8 Sigma for 406mm 3x3 main battery and 36 seconds reload.  I'm assuming she's using the same Italian / French BB Dispersion model, the worst BB Dispersion in the gameShe has SAP & AP shells.

Some of her 9-gun BB peers in Tier IX.

Iowa - 1.9 Sigma on 30 seconds reload.  Uses the better USN / RN BB Dispersion model.

Sovetsky Soyuz - 1.7 Sigma on 33 seconds reload.  Uses the RU BB Dispersion model which favors closer range combat.

Izumo - 2.0 Sigma on 30 seconds reload.  Uses IJN BB Dispersion model favoring long range combat.  AP Penetration is powerful, rivaling Yamato-class 460mm AP performance at range.

Lion - 1.8 Sigma on 30 seconds reload.  Uses USN / RN BB Dispersion model.  HE shells are potent with extra penetration and abnormally higher raw damage.

The above is just the tip of the iceberg.  Didn't even get into range, HP, speed, concealment, etc.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[UNC]
Members
980 posts
6,587 battles

Yeah the Italian BBs give up a LOT in trade for SAP (and I suppose the smokes for the tree ships) and I am not convinced it is a balanced trade.  Still, I am intrigued enough that Marco Polo will likely be a quick buy for me; I am sitting on a pretty hefty pile of coal and see nothing else of interest to spend it on.  I may give the freebie gamble boxes a shot first, but most likely will just fork over the coal.

[PVE]
Members
14,739 posts
31,392 battles
19 minutes ago, Uncle_Lou said:

Yeah the Italian BBs give up a LOT in trade for SAP (and I suppose the smokes for the tree ships) and I am not convinced it is a balanced trade.  Still, I am intrigued enough that Marco Polo will likely be a quick buy for me; I am sitting on a pretty hefty pile of coal and see nothing else of interest to spend it on.  I may give the freebie gamble boxes a shot first, but most likely will just fork over the coal.

Get what crates you can/are going to and don't open them, Then go get MP with Coal. Then come back and open the crates. Crate content is set at purchase/time you get it but not credited to you until opened. So if you got lucky and a MP drops from a crate you can get compensation. IF you get MP right off with Coal you have no shot at it from a crate.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[UNC]
Members
980 posts
6,587 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Get what crates you can/are going to and don't open them, Then go get MP with Coal. Then come back and open the crates. Crate content is set at purchase/time you get it but not credited to you until opened. So if you got lucky and a MP drops from a crate you can get compensation. IF you get MP right off with Coal you have no shot at it from a crate.

Decent plan.  I rarely pay enough attention to things to 'game' the system that way.  I should be more aware going forward.  +1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,710 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

I will take Roma with 16 inch shells.  I cannot understand the reload.

No other ship with 16 inch has that reload.  There does not seem to be anything truly different with these guns that are not on other 16 inch gun ships

Hizen, Sovetsky Soyuz, and Minnesota say hi.

Plus, Alsace has 32 seconds, Pommern has 34, and that's for only 15" guns.

I think BB reloads in the mid-30s are going to be the standard, from the RU BB line going forward.

[SGSS]
Members
6,309 posts
23 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Hizen, Sovetsky Soyuz, and Minnesota say hi.

Plus, Alsace has 32 seconds, Pommern has 34, and that's for only 15" guns.

I think BB reloads in the mid-30s are going to be the standard, from the RU BB line going forward.

I have Kansas.  Its something I use when I am feeling lazy.  Fire 10 times a match.  Slowly make circles at the back of the map.  Make cruiser go boom at 21 km.

Not sure about SAP or AP.  I will have to run only AP and only SAP matches and see what happened.

Why was Popey chasing Olive Oil around anyway.  Talk about a bean poll and I still do not understand what she did.

[ARR0W]
Members
4,244 posts
26,702 battles

Finally. Ive got over 500k coal after stocking up on modules.