You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tfcas119

PSA: Multiple Ships Will No Longer Be Available Soon

30 comments in this topic

[USN]
Members
1,753 posts
22,014 battles

Near the end of the patch notes they mentioned this:

When Update 0.10.5 goes live, flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09premium_4516ee494bb0396e51796cebff5e45c3VI Erich Loewenhardtflag_United_Kingdom_c1f75d7cca85dc4b4820premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192VII Nelsonflag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887VI T-61flag_Commonwealth_abdc3eb3f8c9b1c0421b3apremium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887VII Haidaflag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887VII Z-39flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887VIII Asashioflag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192VIII Lenin, and flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eVI Admiral Graf Spee will also cease to be available. The ships are being removed from the game due to a combination of their popularity and combat efficiency. In order to maintain the proper level of diversity in teams in terms of ship composition, these ships will cease to be available for an indefinite period of time, but may return in future

If you have 375k Free XP and/or doubloons with nothing to spend it on, get these while you can. Update 10.5 should be around the middle of June FYI. IMO, removing Asashio, Z-39, and Graf Spee seem questionable as I don’t see them very often or call them OP. Also kind of funny there are new German DDs coming soon and they remove the best German DD premiums.

• Thanks 5

[SALVO]
Members
26,737 posts
32,132 battles

I find it quite odd that the Loewenhardt is being removed.  I don't see all that many of them and it hasn't been around for very long either.  Strange.  Very strange, indeed.

Also, none of the removals seem OP, with the semi-exception of the Asashio.  The Asashio can feel sorta-kinda OP if it gets lucky and ends up in a BB heavy batter without many DDs or an excess of radar, since those BB (and CV) only, nearly invisible DWTs can be truly deadly against the right team comp. But against the "wrong" team comp, the Asashio can feel toothless.  So it feels "situationally OP", if that makes any sense.

All this said, anyone who's wanted to purchase these premiums has had plenty of time to do so, with the possible exception of the aforementioned CV.  So, it's hard to get too broken up about it all.

• Boring 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,272 posts
8,373 battles

hmmm...  A more curious pull IMO than we've seen in the past?   i don't have access to their spreadsheets of course?     None of these seem particularly OP "combat effecient" except the T-61.. I can't remember reading a gripe about any of them?     EL is a pretty strong CV, but certainly not popular?  Maybe Lenin, Graf Spee?  They both seem pretty stout to me, playing against them, I have them both but don't play them much.   I don't have Nelson or Z-39..  Perhaps Z-39 might be worth a look to me?  I have ZERO interested in the floating HP farm that Nelson would be in my hands...     Feels a lot more like some contrived scarcity to me.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,425 posts
12,860 battles
2 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Feels a lot more like some contrived scarcity to me.

This.  the sales of these ships may have plateaued, and WG is looking to get one more sales bump.  Then loot box them and possibly bring them back at a later date when the demand may be higher.

[SIM]
Members
5,911 posts
9,432 battles

Asashio and Nelson were both destined to be pulled, as they both put up pretty bloated performance numbers. The others seem to be getting the Poltava treatment, making them rare to create interest where it no longer exists (or never did). Regardless, I’m not a fan of any ship being withdrawn from availability. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,737 posts
32,132 battles
21 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

hmmm...  A more curious pull IMO than we've seen in the past?   i don't have access to their spreadsheets of course?     None of these seem particularly OP "combat effecient" except the T-61.. I can't remember reading a gripe about any of them?     EL is a pretty strong CV, but certainly not popular?  Maybe Lenin, Graf Spee?  They both seem pretty stout to me, playing against them, I have them both but don't play them much.   I don't have Nelson or Z-39..  Perhaps Z-39 might be worth a look to me?  I have ZERO interested in the floating HP farm that Nelson would be in my hands...     Feels a lot more like some contrived scarcity to me.

I don't know that I'd call the T-61 OP.  It's a good DD for its tier, but it doesn't seem horribly OP.  A little strong, perhaps, but still seems reasonably balanced to me.

[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,994 posts
21,904 battles
32 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I find it quite odd that the Loewenhardt is being removed.  I don't see all that many of them and it hasn't been around for very long either.  Strange.  Very strange, indeed.

Also, none of the removals seem OP, with the semi-exception of the Asashio.  The Asashio can feel sorta-kinda OP if it gets lucky and ends up in a BB heavy batter without many DDs or an excess of radar, since those BB (and CV) only, nearly invisible DWTs can be truly deadly against the right team comp. But against the "wrong" team comp, the Asashio can feel toothless.  So it feels "situationally OP", if that makes any sense.

All this said, anyone who's wanted to purchase these premiums has had plenty of time to do so, with the possible exception of the aforementioned CV.  So, it's hard to get too broken up about it all.

Lowenhart tbh is a powerful t6 cv.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,272 posts
8,373 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I don't know that I'd call the T-61 OP.  It's a good DD for its tier, but it doesn't seem horribly OP.  A little strong, perhaps, but still seems reasonably balanced to me.

Pretty much leads stats (WOWS STATS -Nums NA)  at T6 among DDs in almost every category..  I find it a very strong DD

I too don't think its over the top..  but it is at least as strong as any tech tree DD..

Edited by iRA6E

Members
2,070 posts
12,862 battles

Only ship on that list that surprises me is Spee since aside from that one clan battle season it's never seemed all that strong or popular.

Members
42 posts
50 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

Only ship on that list that surprises me is Spee since aside from that one clan battle season it's never seemed all that strong or popular.

It was a free giveaway during a Dockyard event so presumably there's a number knocking about. To my way of thinking the Nelson removal is a bit suspicious, given that she was the cheapest FXP ship around and well below the curve of the current FXP-ship pricing structure.

And of course there's nothing quite like FOMO...

Edited by NobleSauvage

Members
2,070 posts
12,862 battles
1 minute ago, NobleSauvage said:

It was a free giveaway during a Dockyard event so presumably there's a number knocking about. To my way of thinking the Nelson removal is a bit suspicious, given that she was the cheapest FXP ship around and well below the curve of the current FXP-ship pricing structure.

There's certainly nothing quite like that FOMO...

Nelson's removal could be to raise the price on the next ship, or it could also be because it's not very popular, probably both.

• Thanks 1

Members
42 posts
1 hour ago, Rouxi said:

Nelson's removal could be to raise the price on the next ship, or it could also be because it's not very popular, probably both.

"The ships are being removed from the game due to a combination of their popularity and combat efficiency."

Either she's particularly combat-efficient then, or your first guess is correct ;) Then again I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't bother with a replacement, wouldn't want to distract attention from the T9/10 FXP ships now would we?

• Cool 1

Members
2,070 posts
12,862 battles
8 minutes ago, NobleSauvage said:

"The ships are being removed from the game due to a combination of their popularity and combat efficiency."

Either she's particularly combat-efficient then, or your first guess is correct ;) Then again I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't bother with a replacement, wouldn't want to distract attention from the T9/10 FXP ships now would we?

WG often uses some creative definitions for words so you have to be careful about taking their statements at face value. I think Asashio is the only ship on that list I'd call popular.

Members
42 posts
16 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

WG often uses some creative definitions for words so you have to be careful about taking their statements at face value.

Indeed!

[PHD]
Members
2,005 posts
7,777 battles

It may be WG trying to fix balance issues. Many of those DDs are good. So they may make newer DDs, now or in development, look bad by comparison.  So the fix is to remove them so they cannot be referenced for comparison. 

Maybe they are removing Asashio to make room for a new t8 ship? She has been around for a while. And the Yuudachi was certainly a poor replacement, even at a lower tier.

(Insert my no decent available IJN mid tier DD rant here:cap_rambo:)

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,717 posts
19,688 battles

I've always enjoyed the Graf Spee but never found her to be particularly over powered with her lower dpm numbers. It is a ship with a heal and some nice gimmicks for a Tier 6 so I guess it's stronger than some of it's counterparts. The Nelson I always felt was a great deal for the cost and is a Narai staple. Plus when top tier, notice I said when top tier, it's a beast in randoms as long as you don't push early. Yes, she's fat, slow and blind but man she hits hard. I received the Pistachio out of a box years ago and it's certainly powerful given the right circumstances. Wouldn't consider that over powered either. I really don't think any of those ships are popular though; rarely see them. Maybe on the other servers they get more playing time. 

I sort of agree with the "make it more desirable by removing it" thought.  I'll take off my tin foil hat now. 

Tin Foil Hat For Cats | Cats, Crazy cats, Tin foil hat

• Cool 1

[USN]
Members
1,753 posts
22,014 battles
51 minutes ago, NobleSauvage said:

I haven’t really seen any of the removed ships in a while, so can’t see popularity being a reason except for Graf Spee, if only because she was earnable for free...twice

As for the combat efficiency side, Asashio is garbage when little to no BBs are present, and most Asashios I’ve seen are truly special in how not to DD ( try to smoke in front of a Hipper with hydro running, torp said Hipper, then stay and try to win the ensuing gunfight kind of special)

Z-39 has health, 150s, access to the fifth upgrade slot, but is kind of meh. Even her 6.1km detection, which is uncharacteristically good for a German DD, is kind of meh. Only reason I see to remove her is so people don’t scream PTW when the German 150 DD line is released, as Z-39 is currently far better tier for tier than the other 150 DDs

The rest I see removing for being too good. T-61: just compare this to Gaede and you’ll understand why and question how she got released in her current state

Haida: extremely strong in competent hands, a T7 DD that can worry T9 DDs with the stealth and consumable load out of a T10 DD. Side note: wonder if Vampire II’s imminent arrival is playing a factor in Haida’s removal, seeing the only real difference between the two are tier and nation

Lenin: combine Kremlin and Nelson but you can beat up on T6s

Nelson: combine Conqueror and good gun layout but you can club T5s and up tier decently

Lowenhardt: It’s a CV not named Implacable, Indomitable or Graf Zeppelin, nuff said

Also have to wonder about the availability of HSF Graf Spee and Asashio black, will these ships also go the way of the dodo or will they stay fair game?

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,763 posts
6,907 battles

Last big removal I scrambled to get the ships I didn't have because they were all ships I was considering.  This time around, nope.  I have Admiral Graf Spee, T-61, Haida and Nelson already.  I don't have much interest in the others, so I'll let them go.

So far as I know Haida is the only Tier VII DD that is competitive when uptiered because it functionally has the concealment module built in.  All other Tier VII DDs are horribly outspotted by Tier VIII and IX DDs, which also have significant health and firepower advantages over them.

Members
412 posts
12,180 battles

My belief on the Nelson's removal is purely to bring it in line with the FXP costs for Tier 9 and 10. They following patch they will replace it with the Rodney (same Nelson, different nameplate) with a cost of 500,000 FXP.

Edited by GambitHG
  • Cool 1

[1984]
Members
10 posts
9,488 battles
On 3/15/2021 at 9:13 AM, tfcas119 said:

Near the end of the patch notes they mentioned this:

When Update 0.10.5 goes live, flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09premium_4516ee494bb0396e51796cebff5e45c3VI Erich Loewenhardtflag_United_Kingdom_c1f75d7cca85dc4b4820premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192VII Nelsonflag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887VI T-61flag_Commonwealth_abdc3eb3f8c9b1c0421b3apremium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887VII Haidaflag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887VII Z-39flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887VIII Asashioflag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192VIII Lenin, and flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eVI Admiral Graf Spee will also cease to be available. The ships are being removed from the game due to a combination of their popularity and combat efficiency. In order to maintain the proper level of diversity in teams in terms of ship composition, these ships will cease to be available for an indefinite period of time, but may return in future

If you have 375k Free XP and/or doubloons with nothing to spend it on, get these while you can. Update 10.5 should be around the middle of June FYI. IMO, removing Asashio, Z-39, and Graf Spee seem questionable as I don’t see them very often or call them OP. Also kind of funny there are new German DDs coming soon and they remove the best German DD premiums.

If WGing does anything consistent its the blatant PR lies they spew out. Its been a very long time since I've seen Loewenhardt or T-61 in a match. If diversity(lie) really was an issue at these tiers then they would just put limits on the ships going into the match. I don't even own a Nelson, but every time I see one on the enemy team its always a snack for myself. I Don't consider any of these ships to be OP. Not even the Russian bias(Lenin) that they're removing was anything to be too worried about. The bigger question is why the lies when their customers are still willing to dish out money for these items.?. Is server space that much of a issue for them.?.

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,090 posts

The popularity and combat efficient is just spew-speak from WG. It is meaningless because I dont see very many of these targets, ahem ships in the game anymore.

If I did see them in battle there is no fear of them because they can be taken out in many ways.

If there was no battleships at all or very few in game Asashio would be toothless. Deep torps wont hit anything useful and her guns are shite. I have seen these DD's over and over shoot at DDs and Cruisers not knowing the deep water torps dont affect these. Then they get summarily sunk. Its so easy. Turn a little bit line up the dd regular torps and shoot. And thats it deleted.

The Spee is limited. I own one. Frankly shes ok for ops and thats it. No reason to take her into Coop or Random etc. She does not survive very long.

Edited by xHeavy

[-V1-]
Beta Testers
399 posts
9,705 battles
On 3/15/2021 at 12:41 PM, Anonymous50 said:

I see now why another Canadian ship is being readied.

if they release it for free exp it'll probably be 500-600k free exp and i'm sorry it doesn't even seem interesting at all. only 350k free exp for nelson so i bet they'll definately bloat the cost. nothing i've seen so far in regards to yukon seems good at all if it turns out to be the replacement for nelson

[VLCTY]
Members
3 posts
4,056 battles

So by being removed from the game, do you mean just the store, or am I going to log in one day and find a bunch of doubloons in my account and my favorite German Cruiser and British Battleship missing?