You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

More ships being suspended with update 0.10.5

11 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
7,158 posts
18,012 battles

Next on the chopping block:

• Erich Loewenhardt
  • Nelson
  • T-61
  • Haida
  • Z-39
  • Asashio
  • Lenin
  • Admiral Graf Spee

The article says they 'may return at a later date'.  I don't have Lenin or Asashio.  I might get Lenin, but that is pretty iffy.  This sniffs of 'fear of loss' sales grab, though.

The article that states the above: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-0102-italian-battleships-part-2/

Edited by desmo_2
  • Thanks 1

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles

I understand why they remove the t61, Asashio, z39 (just compare to her tech tree sister), and even Erich Loew.. 4 quite overpowered ships (Z39 being the least, but still, OP). But why on earth Nelson? Can WG try to be a little more honest about their reasoning here. (Nelson is now too "cheap" in the context of free xp inflation).

Beta Testers
133 posts
14,080 battles

Nelson has been available FOREVER. They're just culling some of the older and/or overpowered ships to make room for more. If you've been on the Premium Shop lately and looked at the ships category, you can scroll down for a long time before you hit bottom. Time to mothball some stuff.

Considering we're getting 10.2 tomorrow, you still have three months left to buy any of these. They'll also still be in the list for Santa crates. 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,540 posts
19,684 battles
1 hour ago, Wargambler said:

But why on earth Nelson?

I wondered the same thing.

That being said, Asashio's not THAT overpowered. Yes, she's extremely dangerous in the hands of someone who knows how to play her, but in the hands of an amateur or a dedicated long-range torp spammer, she's an active liability to the team she's on.

Will have to take a look at Z-39.

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That being said, Asashio's not THAT overpowered. Yes, she's extremely dangerous in the hands of someone who knows how to play her, but in the hands of an amateur or a dedicated long-range torp spammer, she's an active liability to the team she's on.

Tier  7 Z39  is simply better than the tech tree equivalent at the same tier, a fully researched Leberecht Maass.

more hitpoints,

150 mm guns offering more overmatch opportunities

Has access, @ tier 7, to the Tier VIII module Concealment System Modification 1 

very slightly slower

So when fully equipped, she is in all important respects, better, with no major discernible drawbacks.

Edited by Wargambler

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,882 posts
2,681 battles

Nelson being pulled screams to me that its too affordable.

Haida confuses me.  She's a very good ship, but definitely not overpowered for randoms, and not a ship i see all that often. Unless they are planning on doing more tier 7 Ranked, I don't understand this move at all.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,540 posts
19,684 battles
2 hours ago, Wargambler said:

So when fully equipped, she is in all important respects, better, with no major discernible drawbacks.

I suspect it's more a function of the Maass being absolutely f@#$%%^ garbage than Z-39 being overpowered. I hated every minute of the Maass grind, something that cannot be said for her predecessor AND her successor. 

Then again, T7 facing T9 as often as it does these days means that the T7 destroyers are generally not in a very good place much of the time - and operations seem more generally suited to BBs and cruisers.

Members
735 posts
20 battles
2 hours ago, Wargambler said:

Tier  7 Z39  is simply better than the tech tree equivalent at the same tier, a fully researched Leberecht Maass.

more hitpoints,

150 mm guns offering more overmatch opportunities

Has access, @ tier 7, to the Tier VIII module Concealment System Modification 1 

very slightly slower

Statistically, Z-39 has always been very strong, with a high win rate since release. Don't forget also that she just got buffed significantly, because 150mm guns couldn't previously access the range and dpm bonuses of BFT and AFT, but since the skill rework they can. 

This has likely made her noticeably stronger than her previously overperforming self. 

• Cool 1

[JFFC]
Members
174 posts
14,742 battles
On 3/15/2021 at 2:57 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They give you OP Ships when you buy

They nerf it again and again.

They They remove it.

Vest example is Murmansk!

Wait another couple of years and we can see real bots in tX random battle too.  

Until then enjoy some small good moments with friends, and then we can start topics such as "Where are the players"

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[NSEW]
Members
2,582 posts
12,112 battles
On 3/15/2021 at 1:33 PM, Wargambler said:

Nelson is now too "cheap" in the context of free xp inflation

I believe you've answered your own question there sir.

They are getting rid of any "low" FXP ships to have any future ships to be hyper inflated.