You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RebelBadger001

The Standard for Chat bans is broken

28 comments in this topic

[RNGOD]
[RNGOD]
Members
72 posts
17,002 battles

I just received a 21 day chat ban basically for swearing in chat not for swearing at people or insulting people but just swearing. If that is the litmus test for a chat ban why dont you just put in a filter like you do in the forum where it removes the word or XXXXX them out. I requested to see what got me banned they sent a list of 10-12 examples and it blew my mind how petty and silly and just random they were. Do not get me wrong I have had chat bans in the past that were earned and I just served them without complaining . 

But the things that are considered an  insult or personal attack are just silly. 

One of the examples was this "Dark Wind you owe your DD a beer his torps saved your [edited]" wasn't  an insult I was actually complementing his DD teammate for good play or I was in a Random match where I was one of 3 Smolensk I said "Wow 3 Smolensk we are a cancer Div lol" How is that a insult personal attack or even swearing. Another fun example "Meh I got my 25(ribbons) I hate this POS" 

There were 2 out of the 10-12 that could have been considered personal insults but even they were mild. And their were at least 3 example that were for using [edited] or POS. the abbreviations not the words.   

I know that the simple answer is to just turn chat off completely but in Random and Ranked its better to be able to communicate. 

All I can say is there are a lot of the sensitive people who play this game they would have had meltdowns if they were ever in a Halo 3 or COD4 audio chat back in the day. 

I wish the WG devs put as much effort into fixing the long list of broken things in the game as they did in being speech police. 

As always thank you for you time.

you may begin to tell me I am stupid and a moron in 3...2...1. 

Edited by RebelBadger001
spelling errors
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[RNGOD]
[RNGOD]
Members
72 posts
17,002 battles

OMG that is funny they pinged me for using POS in chat but it isnt even on their banned chat words in the forums lol lol lol lol lol 

Edited by RebelBadger001
  • Sad 1

[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles
42 minutes ago, RebelBadger001 said:

why dont you just put in a filter like you do in the forum where it removes the word or XXXXX them out.

Filter is in the game press the B and thee the !@#$% option...

42 minutes ago, RebelBadger001 said:

I requested to see what got me banned they sent a list of 10-12 examples and it blew my mind how petty and silly and just random they were. Do not get me wrong I have had chat bans in the past that were earned and I just served them without complaining . 

Send a ticket to CS... This is not the place to air out your private matters (its against the Privacy Clause of the TOS/EULA..Along with forums regs)

With a 21 day chat ban, the presumption of guilt is already established... I dont think you have a leg to stand on...

Also, the game itself is rated PG-13... Not Rate R or NC-17... If you have a foul mouth then disable chat...

No I dont think you're of below intellect, I do believe you have a false expectations that your foul speech is tolerated in a PG-13 Gaming platform... Of the past warnings you did not get the memo.. Your next sanction is a perma-ban.

@Hapa_Fodder

So far you guys are the only ones with the power to see the OPs (IMO) Watered down claims... Like the previous threads of OPs singing innocents only to find out they're guilty as the Zodiac Killer... I want to give the OP the benefit of doubt... Investigate his claims of innocents and report back...

So far, math, statistics and past precedence  in not on the OP's side... So Prove us wrong.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 1

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,299 posts
16,062 battles
22 minutes ago, RebelBadger001 said:

I just received a 21 day chat ban basically for swearing in chat not for swearing at people or insulting people but just swearing. If that is the litmus test for a chat ban why dont you just put in a filter like you do in the forum where it removes the word or XXXXX them out. I requested to see what got me banned they sent a list of 10-12 examples and it blew my mind how petty and silly and just random they were. Do not get me wrong I have had chat bans in the past that were earned and I just served them without complaining . 

But the things that are considered an  insult or personal attack are just silly. 

One of the examples was this "Dark Wind you owe your DD a beer his torps saved your [edited]" wasn't  an insult I was actually complementing his DD teammate for good play or I was in a Random match where I was one of 3 Smolensk I said "Wow 3 Smolensk we are a cancer Div lol" How is that a insult personal attack or even swearing. Another fun example "Meh I got my 25(ribbons) I hate this POS" 

There were 2 out of the 10-12 that could have been considered personal insults but even they were mild. And their were at least 3 example that were for using [edited] or POS. the abbreviations not the words.   

I know that the simple answer is to just turn chat off completely but in Random and Ranked its better to be able to communicate. 

All I can say is there are a lot of the sensitive people who play this game they would have had meltdowns if they were ever in a Halo 3 or COD4 audio chat back in the day. 

I wish the WG devs put as much effort into fixing the long list of broken things in the game as they did in being speech police. 

Is worth noting that this game is made by folks that aren't American.  While this game has a US based team of people, I'm pretty sure it uses a simple word detector. 

Use X word that's on the list and it's cited as a no-no.  Maybe it isn't recorded unless someone reports you for Misbehavior in Chat?  Still, the system isn't going to try to understand your inner feelings as you type in Chat.

• Thanks 1

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
13,513 battles

Chat is moderated by a bunch of snowflakes. You can't even abbreviate harmless things. Don't ever use the letters b too close to the letter s, as you might get banned as well. Hell, I am risking my neck right now by telling you that. 

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Hmm 21 days is a pretty long one. They arent known for handing out one that long willy nilly. 

[ROCIN]
[ROCIN]
Members
747 posts
15,944 battles
1 minute ago, WarStore said:

Chat is moderated by a bunch of snowflakes. You can't even abbreviate harmless things. Don't ever use the letters b too close to the letter s, as you might get banned as well. Hell, I am risking my neck right now by telling you that. 

Or, just keep your chat PG-13 and never worry about being banned.

Never understood what cursing in the chat box of an arcade game was supposed to accomplish.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[VORTX]
Members
847 posts
11,974 battles
45 minutes ago, RebelBadger001 said:

LOL I’m in a similar boat. I’ve been chat banned about once a month for the last six months (thanks CV D-bags). Anyways, enough CV talk ... I’ve tried to really figure out what is getting me banned and it seems so ridiculously arbitrary. The last couple of months I’ve tried to be much more “mature” and mild in my insults and have refrained from words that seem to get me banned; yet I’m still getting banned and it seems to be more sensitive. I’ve sent tickets in to see exactly what the wording was that for me the ban, but I never hear anything back. It’s silly that in a game where we are literally blowing each other up, we’re expected to conduct ourselves with nothing but the most inocent language. It’s a bit of a farce for those of us that prefer language that is more on the crass side. 

The bans themselves seem to happen more often (as in more easily [and mysteriously] triggered) and are for longer and longer. 

I’ll be making an effort to only use chat for communicating politely with my team, because polite little boys and girls are what WG wants; but I’m sure it will only last so long. 🤷‍♂️🤣

Edited by Pirate_Named_Sue

[VORTX]
Members
847 posts
11,974 battles
7 minutes ago, contag10n said:

Never understood what cursing in the chat box of an arcade game was supposed to accomplish.

PG-13 will get you banned, they want a G rating. 🤣

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
13,513 battles
7 minutes ago, contag10n said:

Gotta keep the world safe for the snowflakes, otherwise their precious feelings might get hurt.

• Boring 1

[VORTX]
Members
847 posts
11,974 battles
13 minutes ago, WarStore said:

Seriously. G rating language only, careful there rebel rebel. 😬😂

[PVE]
Members
17,083 posts
38,428 battles

21 days = not your 1st ban and you received a LOT of reports for inappropriate comments in chat. Ever consider it might be you and not the system?

I don't understand why people think it is ok to cuss like a drunk sailor in chat and everyone else is supposed to be ok with it?

Why not learn from your bans and stop the unacceptable behavior. It is NOT just WG and their filters/mods behind these bans. People in chat are reporting you.

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
17,083 posts
38,428 battles
2 minutes ago, WarStore said:

Gotta keep the world safe for the snowflakes, otherwise their precious feelings might get hurt.

With all respect, not everyone thinks foul language and cussing all the time is ok in a public setting. OP admits he swears in chat and based on his post above it is a LOT. While he may be okay with his language it is pretty clear others are not. Maybe the issue here isn't the snowflakes but rather the OP's language isn't appropriate.

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
13,513 battles

I think the issue is this generation that can't handle anything.

And the OP is only saying a few harmless words. I can't even imagine what would happen if he said an opinion some people can't handle. There would be mass crying.

Edited by WarStore
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[MHG]
Members
613 posts
30,751 battles
5 minutes ago, WarStore said:

And the OP is only saying a few harmless words. I can't even imagine what would happen if he said an opinion some people can't handle. There would be mass crying.

Agree +1

[SALVO]
Members
3,898 posts
7,848 battles
9 minutes ago, WarStore said:

Who do you mean by "this generation" ? From what I noticed its the oldest posters who have the biggest issue with an unclean chat.

[RNGOD]
[RNGOD]
Members
72 posts
17,002 battles
15 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

21 days = not your 1st ban and you received a LOT of reports for inappropriate comments in chat. Ever consider it might be you and not the system?

I don't understand why people think it is ok to cuss like a drunk sailor in chat and everyone else is supposed to be ok with it?

Why not learn from your bans and stop the unacceptable behavior. It is NOT just WG and their filters/mods behind these bans. People in chat are reporting you.

I stated that I have had chat bans I have earned,  is saying I hate this POS cussing like a sailor? The Abbreviations not the words lol. Never said this was my first ban but the things that are considered bannable are laughable I mean I get it we dont want players to melt that would be bad but when you get hit for using abbreviations that is just silly  Like I said if you guys put this much effort into actually fixing the game as you do to stopping chat global warming this game would be amazing. 

When you start banning people just for language mind you not language aimed at people just said out loud in chat it is silly like I said one of the things was a compliment I find it amazing that people at so hurt by words and letters but its ok I am actually pleasantly surprised that I did get a little support and it wasn't all Rules are Rules people 

So you have a swell and wonderful day see you out there on the high seas 

[PVE]
Members
17,083 posts
38,428 battles
17 minutes ago, WarStore said:

Well, this game is not made up mostly of "this generation". It is made up of older people. I think it is safe to say snowflakes are a small % of this game's player demographic. Just a thought for you is all.

As to the OP used harmless words. Again, as I said, earlier, it appears he uses them a LOT and after a while that gets old. Maybe the OP should learn from this and tone down the swearing vs playing the victim. Game chat is "public" space and you are interacting with others. LOTS of people do not feel the need to swear and cuss all the time and don't want to hear/read that stuff. If you were at say a restaurant with someone who was swearing like a drunk sailor would you be ok with that? I wouldn't. There are approx 1 million words in the English language. Maybe the OP should try using some new ones. :Smile_veryhappy:

Also, I see OP refers to Smolensk as "cancer" That isn't a swear BUT it is extremely inappropriate (same as when people call CV's cancer) and offensive. I have lost multiple family members and friends to cancer (about to lose another Cousin to it - well the treatments killed the cancer but in the process wrecked his heart so cancer behind it - and it darn near took my Dad). I have had family and friends go through unbearable and unimaginable suffering due to cancer. To call pixel boats in a game cancer is wildly inappropriate and wrong. So yeah, that is not harmless.

Not trying to be a jerk. Just discussing the topic.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles
21 minutes ago, WarStore said:

Wrong, history of legislation in America shows... Every generation never handled anything... For example (without crossing on to the political).

• FCC was and still is the censoring body of US. Gov.
    • IT censors
      • TV 50s
      • Radio 30s
      • Public Access TV 70and 90s
      • Cable TV 2000
      • Streaming TV 2010
      • Internet...  2020
        • Bad idea...
    • Movies are censored by the MPAA.

Every Generation has censored something from these platforms... To say its "this generation" goes against history... Every generation and both political party do a splash dive into censoring or banning content...

Other countries show the dead in print and in internet pages... In the US, no where you're going to see gory images like that anywhere (even in the internet they're cracking down)...

You can't even show random kids anymore without their faces being blurred...In any of the newscast anymore.. Which I find amusing...

Anyway, its not "this" generation... Its all generations since the the 1930.

Edited by Navalpride33

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
15 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Who do you mean by "this generation" ? From what I noticed its the oldest posters who have the biggest issue with an unclean chat.

The main problem that I have with excessive expletives it that it just clogs up the conversation with a bunch of useless words. If a third of what you say consists of curse words then you really don't have all that much to say and I'd rather not bother listening to you.

That said, there are times when a bit of cursing is appropriate. Here is the gist of a conversation I heard over the radio once in the Army.

:cap_cool:What the <bleep>?

:cap_old:Army aircraft <call sign>, please use proper radio procedure.

:cap_cool:What the <bleep>, over.

:cap_old:What's the problem <call sign>?

:cap_cool:Somebody just shot a flare through my windscreen and its burning in the cockpit!

:cap_old:What the <bleep>?

Edited by Snargfargle

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,329 posts

you agreed to rules, that you then broke...

what is so hard to understand?

• Meh 1

[SYN]
Members
1,484 posts
12,379 battles
40 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

he last couple of months I’ve tried to be much more “mature” and mild in my insults and have refrained from words that seem to get me banned; 

Maybe try just not insulting?     

• Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
27,921 posts
40,313 battles
1 hour ago, RebelBadger001 said:

OMG that is funny they pinged me for using POS in chat but it isnt even on their banned chat words in the forums lol lol lol lol lol 

I'll give you that it's ironic that it's dinged in game but not on the forum.  That said, you know damned well what that abbreviation stands for.  And I don't think that people should be able to use abbreviations of known offensive phrases to get around filters or bad language bans.  Don't blame others (in this case, WG) for your lack of self control or personal filter.

[RNGOD]
[RNGOD]
Members
72 posts
17,002 battles

So using the term Cancer which is common gamer speech for something bad in the game is bad.  Not saying I hope you get Cancer or Aids just saying the Smolensk is cancer and even though I own one and play I agree it is a cancer ship and does not belong in the game but I digress that is not the topic. So now we saying non swear words are a bannable offense due to how that non swear word makes us "feel" thank you for proving my point. 

And I am an older player 52 so I guess my skin is thicker I never report chat unless its actual hate speech. 

I wish WG was as hard on players who TK or join games as planned AFK 

• Thanks 2