You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
n00bot

Longest Ranked Ever

6 comments in this topic

Members
1,185 posts

Easily the slowest, longest, Ranked grind ever. "Sprints" are only a few stars shorter than the old Ranked seasons (assuming you started at R12), but now there's THREE of them.

Yah, I'm burnt out. Is there anything in this game that doesn't turn into a tedious grindfest?

Edited by n00bot

[PVE]
Members
11,204 posts
19,830 battles

At least the brawls are fun. Win or lose, good fun, and a great way to grind tier 8 ships for sure.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,568 posts
13,018 battles
9 hours ago, n00bot said:

Easily the slowest, longest, Ranked grind ever. "Sprints" are only a few stars shorter than the old Ranked seasons (assuming you started at R12), but now there's THREE of them.

Yah, I'm burnt out. Is there anything in this game that doesn't turn into a tedious grindfest?

Why don’t you just play the game and enjoy yourself why do we feel like we have to finish every thing they put in front of us ? 
You still get something for ranking out in only one league you don’t have to rank out bronze silver and gold . You don’t have to win all 51 games in brawls  just because they put that number there . You get something for every 5 games you win and you can stop whenever you want . 

You can go play random or coop if your sick of grinding . Seems to me that nobody wants to let anything go by that’s free so they feel like WG is forcing them to grind for it . There not forcing you to grind for it that’s on us . They want you to play so they dangle the bait at the end of the grind but you don’t have to bite at everything . Pick the ones that have the prize at the end you really want . Play the rest  just for fun and the prizes you get along the way and then move on whether you finish or not .

You really don’t have to finish every single campaign , Brawl , dockyard or ranked season they put in front of you . Play for fun once and a while and maybe we won’t get so mad when we lose it’s a game after all . Sometimes I forget I treat it like work oh my god the dead line is coming .Who cares it’s a video game have fun I have enough pressure at work . 

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[TWFT]
Members
1,609 posts
42,361 battles
6 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Why don’t you just play the game and enjoy yourself why do we feel like we have to finish every thing they put in front of us ? 
You still get something for ranking out in only one league you don’t have to rank out bronze silver and gold . You don’t have to win all 51 games in brawls  just because they put that number there . You get something for every 5 games you win you and you can stop whenever you want . 

You can go play randoms or coop if your sick of grinding . Seems to me that nobody wants to let anything go by that’s free so they feel like WG is forcing them to grind for it . There not forcing you to grind for it that’s on us . They want you to play so they dangle the bait at the end of the grind but you don’t have bite at everything . Pick the ones that have the prize at the end you really want . Play the rest  just for fun and the prizes you get along the way and then move on whether you finish or not .

You really don’t have to finish every single campaign , Brawl , dockyard or ranked season they put in front of you . Play for fun once and a while and maybe we won’t get so mad when we lose it’s a game after all . Sometimes I forget I treat it like work oh my god the dead line is coming .Who cares it’s a video game have fun I have enough pressure at work . 

Why do you make a comment like this?  What is it to you?  OP is stating that Ranked is a bigger grind then it use to be and that is not what most of us in the player base wanted.  WG just made it more of a grind so they can milk more money out of players that like Ranked, it's the game mode that a lot of us want to play, but dont want to fell like we are getting craped on.  When Ranked started it was fun, it wasn't to much of a grind and I was happy to lay down a good amount of money so that I had all the flags and all the ships I needed so as to be the best that I could.

Then WG screwed it up....

At around the 5th season they redid Ranked, they added more stars and went down the road of "Lets see how far we can take this to squeeze as much money out of the players".   WG also changed the rewards, they introduced ships that were OP at the time as rewards for winning multiple seasons (Black and Flint) and when the players got hooked they lowered the rewards.  After players got used to the fleecing, they introduced Ranked Sprint with even more wins and less rewards.

So you can see, some of us are a little pissed at the direction WG has taken.  If WG really gave a rats rear about us they would not have changed Ranked the way that they did over the years, and the forum is the only place that we as a player base can say anything about it.

So get off your high horse and let some players vent a bit.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[A-I-M]
Members
4,105 posts
15,369 battles
7 hours ago, n00bot said:

I just get to a level where I’m comfortable to just win to farm the steel, and not worry about rank progression. It’s 7v7 randoms that pay better than regular randoms.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,105 posts
15,369 battles
7 hours ago, n00bot said:

I think the answer to your question, however, is “no.”

But I just break it up. If I’m just farming ranked for wins, and the wins are coming easy, I stick with it. If not, I go to randoms to move other grinds forward. It takes about a week of play to farm the wins, so a Sprint takes up only galf of my WoWs time.