You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
War182

Flint ... I want my money back .... 11.1 guns range ???

105 comments in this topic

[-TNT-]
Members
448 posts
16,301 battles

The Flint took multi nerf's in the skill change it's max range is now 11.1 and now concealment buff .. No Heal buff .. No thing no a middle finger to all that own it .....  Look if your not going to buff it ...With range heal or any FN thing ...Let us sell it back ..

• Cool 24
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 3

[PVE]
Members
11,190 posts
19,799 battles

I haven't even used it, since the rework, because of the neuter. Does Flint-flake sound right? From Steel to Shortlist in 1 rework.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Sad 1

[HWIN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
140 posts
8,668 battles

It’s pretty useless now, outside of operations, but there’s no real sense in complaining since they’re more than likely going to give it the range buff sometime down the line - when that happens is another story. At least Atlanta’s still fine. 

That said, you didn’t even spend real money on Flint so, lol.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,878 posts
24,720 battles
39 minutes ago, War182 said:

The Flint took multi nerf's in the skill change it's max range is now 11.1 and now concealment buff .. No Heal buff .. No thing no a middle finger to all that own it .....  Look if your not going to buff it ...With range heal or any FN thing ...Let us sell it back ..

What currency did you use to buy it?

As far as I know it was a steel ship.

Now an overpriced lump of coal....

So you didn't exactly buy her.....

• Meh 3

Members
2,070 posts
12,862 battles
5 minutes ago, ThemasterTanker1 said:

At least Atlanta’s still fine.

Atlanta is not fine but its problems are not due to the skill rework. The ship does not deal well with t9 maps at all. They are gigantic and have very little cover so it takes forever for Atlanta to get into a usable position where it often can't shoot much. Meanwhile t9 BB snip it from across the map. Flint is both better and worse in that regard in that it smoke so positioning is much easier but no range so it still can't shoot much of anything. I don't think either of these ships belong in t9 matches at all.

• Boring 1

Members
77 posts
24 minutes ago, ThemasterTanker1 said:

but there’s no real sense in complaining since they’re more than likely going to give it the range buff sometime down the line - when that happens is another story. At least Atlanta’s still fine. 

why is there no sense in complaining when one ship that desperately needed a range buff to compensate for the skill rework gets the buff, but a ship that for all intents and purposes is identical to the first ship and needs that range buff just as much doesn't? Even if it was true that it will get the buff "sometime down the line," why should Flint owners have to wait for that unspecified point when Atlanta was given it on release of the rework?

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Members
956 posts
220 battles
3 hours ago, War182 said:

Can you let me know if WG lets you sell it back?  I'm in a similar situation with another prem.

Thanks

[SALVO]
Members
26,698 posts
32,031 battles
3 hours ago, Rouxi said:

Atlanta is not fine but its problems are not due to the skill rework. The ship does not deal well with t9 maps at all. They are gigantic and have very little cover so it takes forever for Atlanta to get into a usable position where it often can't shoot much. Meanwhile t9 BB snip it from across the map. Flint is both better and worse in that regard in that it smoke so positioning is much easier but no range so it still can't shoot much of anything. I don't think either of these ships belong in t9 matches at all.

There's not a chance in hell that the Flint or Atlanta will be lowered in tier as is.  And I also seriously doubt that they'd get a buff that would allow them to sufficiently compete against tier 9's in range, since that would make the  ridiculously OP against tier 7 or below ships. 

The only viable option I can see is to reduce their tier to 6 while at the same time reducing their reload to balance them.

One other option could be to leave them at tier 7, while increasing the Flint's base range to equal the Atlanta's.  And then give them the 5th and particularly the 6th upgrade slots so that they can gain access to the range enhancing upgrade module.

One other option that would have to be available to all cruisers would be to return the old AFT skill (by the new name, of course), though perhaps only for main guns below a certain size or with a concealment penalty for cruisers with main guns above a certain size (same as with the Heavy EH /SAP Shells skill).  Maybe have this skill replace the lame Outnumbered skill.

Members
2,070 posts
12,862 battles
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

There's not a chance in hell that the Flint or Atlanta will be lowered in tier as is.  And I also seriously doubt that they'd get a buff that would allow them to sufficiently compete against tier 9's in range, since that would make the  ridiculously OP against tier 7 or below ships. 

The only viable option I can see is to reduce their tier to 6 while at the same time reducing their reload to balance them.

One other option could be to leave them at tier 7, while increasing the Flint's base range to equal the Atlanta's.  And then give them the 5th and particularly the 6th upgrade slots so that they can gain access to the range enhancing upgrade module.

One other option that would have to be available to all cruisers would be to return the old AFT skill (by the new name, of course), though perhaps only for main guns below a certain size or with a concealment penalty for cruisers with main guns above a certain size (same as with the Heavy EH /SAP Shells skill).  Maybe have this skill replace the lame Outnumbered skill.

Increasing Atlanta's range any more wouldn't help the ship much since the ship already struggles to hit things with its current range. But it would not make it OP against t7 and below cause it has t5 range right now so buffing it would actually bring it up to t7 range. Anyway the problem isn't just the range it's also the slow speed of the ship. On some t9 maps it can take Atlanta 5 minutes just to get into a position it can use. And if the reds decide to go somewhere else you now have to spend another 5 minutes trying to reposition.  Colbert is a similar ship in terms of rainbows and paper armor but it has a speed boost which allows it to move around high tier maps much easier.

[SIM]
Members
5,906 posts
9,414 battles

Per Wows Numbers NA, Flint is still the undisputed cruiser champion at tier VII, eclipsing even the dreaded Belfast in every category short of battles-played. Yes, her performance numbers are elevated because she was gated behind the game's competitive currency, but until those numbers start trending downwards WG would be crazy to buff her at all. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 4

[SLDR]
Members
336 posts
14,096 battles
31 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Per Wows Numbers NA, Flint is still the undisputed cruiser champion at tier VII, eclipsing even the dreaded Belfast in every category short of battles-played. Yes, her performance numbers are elevated because she was gated behind the game's competitive currency, but until those numbers start trending downwards WG would be crazy to buff her at all. 

But it's not possible to tell whether those winning records were set from before the nerf. Only WG can tell if Flint is still dominating since the nerf.

• Cool 1

Members
735 posts
20 battles

I have a Flint, but I've never sailed her, I don't enjoy playing cruisers much, especially slow shell velocity CL's.  Having said that, she could probably use a range buff of some sort as compensation - I doubt there'd be anyone in the game who'd object to that.  She would be objectively stronger than pre-rework if they just gave her the same 20% buff, since they effectively get a 4pt skill for free, giving them 6 more points to spend than pre-rework. 

Also, she's always been a better ship than Atlanta, so Atlanta needed the compensatory buff more - perhaps a 10% range buff would be appropriate.

If they don't do that though, Flint just goes into the very large basket of premiums that have been power crept or weakened by global mechanics changes.  My Haida and Le Terrible are both much weaker after the IFHE rework, my Blyska is a shadow of her pre-OWSF self, I used to absolutely love the Sims but she's been power crept into obscurity, Gremy used to be incredibly OP but is now pretty meh - and those are just a few of the dozens of premiums left by the wayside.  It's just how the game works unfortunately - it shouldn't be, but that's the reality of it.

[META_]
Members
73 posts
1,956 battles

I dont know if the ship is good or bad, (looks kinda bad except in certain circumstances) but this "let us sell it back" kind of mentality is the reason exact reason WeeGee won't nerf broken premium ships. 

• Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,565 posts
12,999 battles

I got the Flint for steel 6 weeks later it was out of the shop and going to be available for coal at a later date  . Now of course that time has come the rework made it even a worse move what can you do ? It’s a little disappointing to say the least but let’s admit it we are not getting our steel back and it’s not a very good or easy ship to play in it’s current state  . Wish I had that steel back it was a bad decision all around by me and by WG . I never had the skill to be able to play that ship in a tier 9 game even with out the rework . But had I know it was leaving the shop and going to be available for coal one month after I spent the steel I would have never done it .  Sometimes your in the wrong place at the wrong time . . 

Edited by clammboy

[NSEW]
Members
2,582 posts
12,112 battles
31 minutes ago, KilluaWalker said:

but this "let us sell it back" kind of mentality is the reason exact reason WeeGee won't nerf broken premium ships. 

Had they initially used post-nerf values to 'sell' the ships at first, rather than after selling them ( "spreadsheet") would be a good start.

It's apart of their strategy.  Has to be.  Sell at inflated values, then lower them a tad to make way for a newer ship to fill that gap.  Thereby guaranteeing the sell percentages more.

[META_]
Members
73 posts
1,956 battles
34 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Had they initially used post-nerf values to 'sell' the ships at first, rather than after selling them ( "spreadsheet") would be a good start.

It's apart of their strategy.  Has to be.  Sell at inflated values, then lower them a tad to make way for a newer ship to fill that gap.  Thereby guaranteeing the sell percentages more.

I could be wrong as I've only been playing for around 8 months but ive never actually seen this happen. They seem pretty adamant on not touching premiums more than absolutely necessary. And to be fair if they are doing that, its crapand needs to be called out hard but I don't think the situation with flint is like that. 

[TWFT]
Members
1,607 posts
42,290 battles
7 hours ago, HuTao_prpr said:

You used money to buy Flint? What?

My time and effort is worth more then your comment.  I got it from Ranked, and that cancer grind for that ship is priceless.

Edited by Turbotush
  • Cool 2

Members
77 posts
4 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

There's not gonna be a downward trend if nobody even bothers to play the ship. Have you seen any Flints? I've seen literally 1 since the rework. He cursed WG in gen chat, and I've seen none ever since.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,698 posts
16 minutes ago, JaeYuu80sevens said:

There's not gonna be a downward trend if nobody even bothers to play the ship. Have you seen any Flints? I've seen literally 1 since the rework. He cursed WG in gen chat, and I've seen none ever since.

According to Maple Syrup, Flints were played in 939 battles last week on the NA server, which come in 244th of ships played.

[NSEW]
Members
2,582 posts
12,112 battles
2 hours ago, KilluaWalker said:

They seem pretty adamant on not touching premiums more than absolutely necessary

They are good with not changing the said values on Premium ships.  

But the process in which they showcase (previously with streamers) their Work In Progress ships.  Then to be sold with said values, only to be changed after their in-house team assesses that the values needs to be tweaked for reasons of "balance"/etc.  Ergo, the change of information when they are sold as Premium.

All in all it's a decent process. That is my gripe.

[FORM]
Members
2,429 posts
13,634 battles
10 hours ago, War182 said:

The Flint took multi nerf's in the skill change...

I think you deserve to have your money (or at least doubloon value,) returned to you. WG nerfed so many premium ships that they really screwed us terribly. The Siegfried is another example of a ship that they did it to as well. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[RBMK]
Members
2,338 posts
36,724 battles

Instead of increasing range, etc. just remove their citadels. They’re basically over armored destroyers anyway.

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
8,983 battles
6 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

According to numbers compiled from maplesyrup, Flint's numbers have dropped drastically since the rework. From people playing it to average damage/kills/survival and so on.