Sign in to follow this  
DrHolmes52

RIP Marvin Hagler

8 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
13,442 posts
12,906 battles

If you are a certain age and can remember boxing before it became the multi-multi-belt mess it is now, Marvin Hagler was one of the draws every time he fought.

And provided one of the greatest short fights I can ever remember.

MH.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,827 posts
24,979 battles

I saw an article that Hearns said he was ill from the COVID vaccine. Is that what did him in?

[WORX]
Members
14,388 posts
20,956 battles
6 hours ago, Khafni said:

I saw an article that Hearns said he was ill from the COVID vaccine. Is that what did him in?

His widow haven't confirmed and the autopsy have not been done yet... I dont think any of the 3  Vaccines on the market causes "unexpected deaths."

Until I see the actual examiners report with his signature stating what cause his passing... I will not jump to conclusions or fall for reports without a credible citation.

Edited by Navalpride33

[WORX]
Members
14,388 posts
20,956 battles

He was a great boxer of his day... A true champ of the era.

On the speculation of cause of death... According to the symptoms I've read... I am betting heart attack.. Heart attacks are the widow makers for a long time especially if it was a massive one.. From the on-sight of symptoms to the grave, was 4 hours max...If it was the heart... He had no chance...

RIP champ.

Edited by Navalpride33

[V_V_V]
Members
1,183 posts
18,597 battles

Yep, Marvelous Marvin versus Sugar Ray Leonard-quality pugilism.

[PVE]
Members
11,204 posts
19,846 battles
1 hour ago, Charon2018 said:

Yep, Marvelous Marvin versus Sugar Ray Leonard-quality pugilism.

Sugar Ray came out jet skiing when I worked there (at the jet ski place) in Maui. Tommy Chong was my favorite celeb though. Al Michaels was second. RIP M Hagler. I never met him.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,212 posts
20,553 battles

Oh wow, I just read about this. Sad to hear. Marvelous Marvin Hagler was one of my favorite boxers as a kid. I remember the build up before he fought Tommy Hearns. Everyone was picking Hearns to win, he was a legit bad a$$ in his own right. However Marvelous Marv won. He made a commercial for Pizza Hut  after beating Hearns saying how much he loved Pizza Hut. Then saying “wonder what Tommy was eating, probably soup” haha

Sign in to follow this