You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralFlame76

What do you like about Italian BBs+not(poll multiple choice)

What do you like about Italian BBs+not(poll multiple choice)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What do you like about Italian BBs?

• Guns(SAP,dmg,etc)
    • Speed
    • AA
    • Secondaries
    • Armor
    • Others
  2. 2. What do you DON'T like about Italian BBs?

• Accuracy
    • Healthpool
    • AA
    • Armor
    • Shell dmg cap
    • Reload
    • Others

6 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,878 posts
24,720 battles

More port queens for snowflake event....

Accuracy sucks.

AA sucks.

Range sucks.

Detection sucks.

Secondary range and pen sucks.

Speed sucks.

Rudder shift sucks.

Very soft and trying to burn easier than kindling.

Whats good?

SAP that can bounce on angled bb superstructure?

SAP that can one shot broadsided t 5 to t 7 cruisers?

AP that works on upper belt?.

• Meh 1

[KAPPA]
Members
1,603 posts
8,960 battles

I figure I should state what my 'other' vote for question 1 is about. In my case, I like the overall maneuverability of them, not just the speed, but the turning circle as well. They almost handle like cruisers, which is nice. The guns do have good punch when they hit, but hitting is the problem. WG's latest BB fad of iffy accuracy on long reloading guns really needs to go away. It keeps the USN slows from being fun to play and makes the Italian BBs downright frustrating. The USN slows could all have been awesome turtles of doom by being reasonably tough with accurate long range gunnery to make up for their complete lack of speed (even with a speed flag, which all 3 of mine permanently fly, they will never break 24 kts). The Italian BBs at least don't have the slow speed problem, so the answer for them should be having a faster reload to make the missed shots less painful. Good grief, none of the tech tree ships even have anything bigger than a 15" gun, even at T10, why are they forced to compete with the  USN slows for worst reload speed? Heck the dang Kremlin with 18" guns that are still overly accurate at close range reloads faster. All the Italians get is numbers of guns to compensate for only being 15".

The one other major gripe is the SAP barely being any better on DDs than the AP is. That's stupid, simply because it can't even do the module damage that HE does or start fires, so why should it be hampered in raw damage as well? I honestly prefer my version of SAP which is the RN BB HE with IFHE giving higher pen amounts than the Italian SAP , doing reasonable damage, especially against DDs, and it can still start fires. I'm not kidding, my Lepanto's SAP pens 96mm and can do 12500 dmg if it cits which is almost never going to happen at T9, while even KGV's 14" HE with IFHE pens 111mm and can do 6100 dmg on a cit, which it does frequently on cruisers, while at T9 Lion's HE with IFHE pens 131mm for potentially 7200 dmg on a cit, which does still happen more often than Lepanto's chances of getting cits with SAP. It makes the Italian SAP seem like a joke under most circumstances, especially once the damage saturation kicks in and there's no potential for a fire to make up the difference. 

Spoiler

All that said though, I'm actually not a fan of RN BB HE as I think it disrupts what should have been a line of reliable, well-protected BBs with excellent AP performance from T6 on up (to account for the crummy Jutland AP that acted more like HE). I'd give a heck of a lot to have either a captain skill or upgrade module that would give me standard fuse timers on my RN BB AP, even if it came at the cost of reducing HE performance.

Edited by CaptHarlock_222

[V_V_V]
Members
1,178 posts
18,522 battles

I like the looks of the forecastle stripes and permacamos at higher tiers.  Otherwise, I either haven't acquired or played enough to tell.

Edited by Charon2018
add text

[FORM]
Members
2,429 posts
13,637 battles

The terribad accuracy makes the ships far too dependent on RNG. I wanted to like the line, but nope. 

[OGF]
Members
441 posts
8,148 battles
2 minutes ago, TheArc said:

The terribad accuracy makes the ships far too dependent on RNG. I wanted to like the line, but nope. 

IT BBs were one of the few things in this game I was looking forward to, but these are just trash.  I think the SAP gimmick cursed them, they might have been better if they hadn't been saddled with it.  Balancing that out makes the cost for having it too high, and it's still not effective enough to be worth it.