You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree, 12-14 March 2021

15 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
25,533 posts
19,680 battles

Streamed a bit, ground a bit, grabbed the bull by the horns and threw all the flags on for what turned out to be a very good Ranked battle in the Mogador. That got the ship her B hull

First Random battle in the Fletcher. Finished off two low-health DDs then miscalculated my speed in smoke and exited it in front of a Venezia. :fish_boom:

A whole buncha battles in the Gorizia which convinced me that, absent the rewards to be had from spamming it in a major event, the ship is not worth buying.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,388 posts
12,784 battles

Didn't play a lot of games.  Real life interrupted and I spent a bit of time moving furniture (in laws are downsizing).  Plus, being at the end of the patch and having my 60 daily's done, I didn't have much to do in game.

Got my PI camos, and got 9/10 on naval battles.  Even took out the Omaha for the 25 ribbon U.S. cruiser battle.  Still a blast in coop.

[WOLF9]
Members
519 posts

Didn’t feel like  playing much this weekend but got a Moderna vaccine, so I’ll blame that. Better than even trade from my POV. 

[WOLF9]
Members
1,535 posts
26,437 battles

Congrats on that win @Ensign_Cthulhu with the Mogador.

I went 9/10 in Naval Battles.  Potatoed into a less than 25 ribbon battle in one match because of my PC.  PC has been having tons of trouble, mostly in game.  I either get a blue screen of death, or a freeze.  Usually only happens 1-2 times, so the penalties aren't too bad.  This weekend, it happened 4 times.  And then the thing wouldn't boot up.  Ended up with a 9 game pink funk.  My son gave me one of his older PCs, which is an upgrade, so I spent some of the weekend installing WoWs.

The new PC seems to load and run things a little slower, but the game plays very smoothly.  Continued the 7 DD line  and LePanto grind.  I upgraded the Kiev to the Tashkent.  Have about 90k XP on the LePanto.  Hoping to get one of the T8s (Lightning, LeFant, Hsienyang, or Oland) done by the end of March.  

Bought some boardgames while on vacation to Denver.  My son and his wife and I played some new Clank! and lost to the Zombie Horde in Green Horde (Zombicide Fantasy Line). 

Then the snow hit.  27 inches on my lawn this morning, and still snowing Sunday evening.  Most of the city is closed, even WalMart.  The dogs had troubles moving around out there.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,336 posts
14,167 battles

Finished off brawls which was a nice way to get through Kiev. Tashkent up next for the memes.

started the German cruiser regrind

played a few ranked battles but didn’t have the time to get all the steel. Hoarding resources like mad waiting to see what comes next, really want the vampire

[BEA5T]
Members
5,489 posts
25,894 battles

Really didn't do very much.  10/10 in Naval Battles.  All three daily's completed.  The event has been over for several days.  Nothing really to do.......  The Pi task complete and I really wished for more tasks...... Nothing to grind because the only thing I am grinding for is ECXP to finish Halsey (he's a 20 and I need 120K more....)

Read the forum.  And, between the terrible weather; terrible basketball Regional games; four earthquakes today (3.9 the best so far); and, more rain............sigh.........anyone know where the sun went??? 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,781 posts
24,954 battles

Still waiting on captain skill changes to play again. I'm finding it easier to resist logging in the longer I go without doing so. Am I developing a good habit or bad habit?

[FRR]
Members
1,044 posts

It was a good week. I cleaned up some old files on my play machine and revamped my unknown YouTube. 😆

Weekend was even better. Just like last week, I finished the 2,000 Base XP combat mission, had real fun doing it (made 2,000 twice in a row) and finished it with plenty of time left. 😄

1794624704_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_03.13-22_43_24_20.thumb.png.23b4ddfc5432b199bfde78b0863141a3.png

1680327561_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_03.14-01_26_42_100.thumb.png.0cbb362952d1e94ee1767af21cd6784c.png

Made another Kraken too. 🤣

https://youtu.be/xizh0tZrd5o

Edited by Hukom

[X-M-S]
Members
321 posts
4,767 battles

Haven't played this weekend.  Went to Moab for my daughter's spring break and won't be playing until we get home next weekend.  I was happy to get the T7 Italian BB before we left (thought I wouldn't make it that far).  

Members
465 posts
17,677 battles

Played a lot on Friday and Saturday, trying to finish the RM event for the T7 BB.  Was able to do that early on Sunday.  Didn't get all the tokens, but did enough for the 'free' ship (pre-release of course, seeing they are tech tree eventually).  Finished up the 200% on the Jurua also on Friday. Didn't play that as much as I probably should, but RL gets in the way of gaming.  Saw this morning that the Austin is going to be 29k Steel, and the Marco Polo 228K coal.  Will have to think about those and the resource costs.  Also wondering if I should get the Sommers before it leaves on Tuesday.  

[SIM]
Members
5,906 posts
9,414 battles

Picked up Leone on Friday, played it sparingly over the weekend. She’s...ok. Not great, not awful. I wish that she had SAP instead of AP, as she’s a bit bland right now. Her main selling point is clearly her eight-gun broadside, but that’s a whole lot less impressive when you get uptiered. Still, I was able to shake the resolve of even tier VII DDs by landing a few chunky salvos on them in knife fights. Rarely have I had so many DDs flat out run away from me while playing a destroyer myself. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts

won the naval battle for this week...  

finished directive 4 for ita bb's... said i wasn't going to buy them with my tokens but i did anyways...  T4-6  and then sort of ran out of things to chase... 

[PRVTR]
Members
1,147 posts
6,655 battles

Finally got back into the rhythm of it, and I shot my Winrate up by One tenth of a percent in just two days of hard playing. Also unlocked the Zara after grinding out the Trento, and I managed to get enough Italian Tokens to unlock the Dante Alighieri and the Conte di Cavour.

I also published my first Youtube video last night, it's a bit of a long one but otherwise decent enough to pass for crappy youtube material. 

Next up for me this week, Grinding out the Zara and getting her upgraded, and finishing up the ( long overdue ) Chapayev grind and getting to the Dmitri Donskoi.

- Shrayes

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,216 posts
18,753 battles

This weekend was all about Conan Exiles. As is usual for me I am taking a WOWS break during the early access patches.