Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

B hull maneuverability improvement

10 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
6,858 posts
21,047 battles

I have noticed on several ships (Brindisi currently) that the  B hull upgrade makes the maneuverabilty better (by 3 in this case). Nothing in the description of the upgrade mentions a speed or rudder improvement. Is this a "neglected to mention" rudder/speed stat upgrade  with the hull or a an upgrade based on some calculation where rudder shift/speed are related to HP so the HP boost makes your ship more maneuverable compared to other ships of your new 'size'?

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts
29 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

I have noticed on several ships (Brindisi currently) that the  B hull upgrade makes the maneuverabilty better (by 3 in this case). Nothing in the description of the upgrade mentions a speed or rudder improvement. Is this a "neglected to mention" rudder/speed stat upgrade  with the hull or a an upgrade based on some calculation where rudder shift/speed are related to HP so the HP boost makes your ship more maneuverable compared to other ships of your new 'size'?

The B hull on Brindisi lowers rudder shift by 4.3 seconds. Just open the maneuverability tab in port and when you click an upgrade module and it shows what changes in detail.

Edited by RipNuN2

[CVA16]
Members
6,858 posts
21,047 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

The B hull on Brindisi lowers rudder shift by 4.3 seconds. Just open the maneuverability tab in port and when you click an upgrade module and it shows what changes in detail.

Seems like that would be at least as newsworthy as a few more AA guns.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts
4 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Seems like that would be at least as newsworthy as a few more AA guns.

It shows both of those in the relevant tabs if you have them open.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,021 posts
46,910 battles
3 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

B Hull is a later refit or a slight tech challenge before the next spaghetti cruiser u get. So it usually comes with nice stuff, better AA, pizza cutter, mozzarella. 

B hull Bismarck comes with Daft Punk. 

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,710 battles
4 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

No offense but, are you really just noticing this?

IMO, it's literally the only real reason to buy the upgraded hull once you've researched it, besides the HP increase. 

[CVA16]
Members
6,858 posts
21,047 battles
45 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

No offense but, are you really just noticing this?

No, I have noticed it before. Just never felt compelled to finally look for an explanation. 

I have never noticed that clicking on the upgrade does produce changes in the standard info box to the right as well. I guess I have always just hovered over the upgrade and would see the pop-up that mentions HP and AA and shows the changes in those green bars. Probably several things I should know about the game screens but never learned.

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,710 battles
58 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

No, I have noticed it before. Just never felt compelled to finally look for an explanation. 

I have never noticed that clicking on the upgrade does produce changes in the standard info box to the right as well. I guess I have always just hovered over the upgrade and would see the pop-up that mentions HP and AA and shows the changes in those green bars. Probably several things I should know about the game screens but never learned.

Lol I know what you mean, I still learn things too on occasion.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
227 posts
22,417 battles

It would be intuitive to just hover over the b hull on the equipment screen and see ALL the changes associated.

[CVA16]
Members
6,858 posts
21,047 battles
2 hours ago, meatgrindr said:

It would be intuitive to just hover over the b hull on the equipment screen and see ALL the changes associated

For me, I'm probably going to get all the upgrades eventually. Now being able to see all the effects of each upgrade might make deciding which to take first easier (or harder. The range increase for Brindisi seemed the obvious choice over HP but the rudder shift bonus in nice too).

There have been a couple of upgrades I have declined to take (i.e. a torpedo "upgrade" that I thought made the torps worse or a ship I really had no intent to keep after grinding so only took the required upgrade) but like most times I end up with all the upgrades.

Edited by Sabot_100

Sign in to follow this