Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Big_Ape

Mods

35 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

11
[APES]
[APES]
Members
161 posts
2,519 battles

Just out of curiosity how many of you use Mods and are they really worth getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,807
[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles

Yes, yes -- mod station is easy stuff to use and the few mods I use make up for elements lacking in the UI / info screen.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
691 posts
18,109 battles

I used to use a few, but they broke with a release a few years back and I’ve not bothered to fix them. Far too many are cheats imo.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,025
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,716 posts
19,640 battles

I use a few mods from WG's official mod station. Timers until win/loss, damage trackers per ship to know who's targeting you, plus some nice customizations. Nothing crazy and you have to re-download them after every patch. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,423
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,565 posts
12,999 battles

Yes at first I was scared they would mess up my computer but the WG mod station is really good and so easy to use . It auto updates after each patch it’s easy to uninstall if you want . I wish I had done it earlier some of them are really cool . 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[BTLST]
Members
345 posts
8,025 battles

I can also highly recommend ModStation, available here: 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,423
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,565 posts
12,999 battles
13 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

I use a few mods from WG's official mod station. Timers until win/loss, damage trackers per ship to know who's targeting you, plus some nice customizations. Nothing crazy and you have to re-download them after every patch. 

I don’t have to reinstall the WG mods after the patch drops it just auto loads it . Only once did I have to do it I think . 

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,279
[SIM]
Members
5,906 posts
9,414 battles

I’ve never used any mods in WoWs. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
379
[WOLF1]
Members
1,153 posts
2,229 battles

Some Mods are particularly helpful, such as:

1. The mod that tells you how much healable damage you have taken and how much Hp you can heal max

2. The mod that tells you whether an enemy ship is reversing, idle throttle, or moving forward- helpful to see their intentions

3. Pts timer that shows you how long it takes for your team and the enemy team to win on pts

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,433
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,147 posts
26,918 battles

I use mods.  Currently using Modstation for it.

 

Customizable Panels by Roslich (ship status on the sides )

shot-21-03-05-16-06-51-0956.jpg

ARP Musashi mod.

shot-21-03-11-21-22-22-0940.jpg

ARP Yamato mod.

shot-21-03-03-20-13-05-0650.jpg

Swapped out ARP Yamato mod for FSI Yamato.

shot-21-03-12-09-58-17-0313.jpg

Velera - Adds upgrades, consumables to the port screen without having to go to Equipment tab

shot-21-03-13-23-45-31-0154.jpg

Navigator - Angle of target to you.

shot-21-03-09-17-40-58-0735.jpg

 

Etc.  There's lots of mods out there, especially if you go to Aslain's Modpack, etc.  Some are simple graphical stuff, some for UI in port, combat, whatever.  Some guys go very heavy into modding the game, some not much.  Some not at all.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
211
[NSEW]
Members
528 posts
4,274 battles

The best mod I ever installed was the Gachi mod.

I used to hate when people would spam chat with their little girl commanders

Now I get to hear Aniki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,433
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,147 posts
26,918 battles

There is also Stingy by Default, if you're tired of the game UI trying to slowly bleed you of your Doubloons.

shot-21-03-13-23-45-31-0154.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,870
[PVE]
Members
9,003 posts
25,340 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I use mods.  Currently using Modstation for it.

 

Customizable Panels by Roslich (ship status on the sides )

shot-21-03-05-16-06-51-0956.jpg

ARP Musashi mod.

shot-21-03-11-21-22-22-0940.jpg

ARP Yamato mod.

shot-21-03-03-20-13-05-0650.jpg

Swapped out ARP Yamato mod for FSI Yamato.

shot-21-03-12-09-58-17-0313.jpg

Velera - Adds upgrades, consumables to the port screen without having to go to Equipment tab

shot-21-03-13-23-45-31-0154.jpg

Navigator - Angle of target to you.

shot-21-03-09-17-40-58-0735.jpg

 

Etc.  There's lots of mods out there, especially if you go to Aslain's Modpack, etc.  Some are simple graphical stuff, some for UI in port, combat, whatever.  Some guys go very heavy into modding the game, some not much.  Some not at all.

Does Valera stay visible when you go into the commander skills page?

They should incorporate something like that into the UI so you can know what consumable & upgrade options you have available while setting skills w/out having to toggle to another tab.

I don't use mods though but would get behind any request to WG to incorporate that...where's the petition? I'll sign it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,657
[FORM]
Members
2,429 posts
13,637 battles
6 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

I use Aslains modpack and it has a ton of useful stuff in there. 

Ditto. Love the Hakabase side panels, knowing who has radar/torps/sonar and the range are very helpful.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORCH]
Members
785 posts
20,283 battles

The majority of mods available seem to be mostly visual fluff, but there are several that are quite useful.  I personally use maybe 5 or 6 of them that I find useful.  I used to use Aslain's, but tried WoWS modstation and found it easier to use.  Many of the same mods are available from both.

Working from memory, I think the ones I use are:

1.  Navigator - shows relative orientation of my ship and target ship

2.  Stoplight - shows (less than perfectly) if enemy ship is moving forward, stationary, or reversing

3.  One that displays gun calibers in the default millimeters, and also in inches.  Helps my American mind deal with metric measurements faster.

4.  One that affects the color of my tracers.  Helps me keep track of which shells are mine when other friendlies are engaging the same target.

5.  One that affects available zoom levels.  Don't even remember now exactly what it does, but been using it for so long things look weird to me without it.

Might be one or two others.

Your mileage may vary.  Some people have other mods they like.  Some don't like any mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
424
[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,626 posts
24,246 battles
10 hours ago, Big_Ape said:

Just out of curiosity how many of you use Mods and are they really worth getting.

Just Nomogram classic for the sight, and Stingy by Default to avoid unwanted  doubloons spending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,372
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,022 posts

The best defense to doubleloon evaporation is to have zero of them until you put some in with intent to spend.

I dont bother with Mods.

Edited by xHeavy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
788
[-VT-]
Members
1,367 posts
31,291 battles
8 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

I’ve never used any mods in WoWs. 

Holy crap Batman, I agree with SkaerKrow………...I need a drink now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,889
[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,991 posts
21,853 battles

no real need to now most of the good mods are now built into the game (aestheic mods)  is love the angle penetration indicator to be added  yet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
279
[KREW]
Members
486 posts
22,329 battles
3 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Does Valera stay visible when you go into the commander skills page?

They should incorporate something like that into the UI so you can know what consumable & upgrade options you have available while setting skills w/out having to toggle to another tab.

I don't use mods though but would get behind any request to WG to incorporate that...where's the petition? I'll sign it.

WG will be adding consumables icons to the interface on Commander Skills that effect consumables in an upcoming patch.
Not exactly what you are asking about, but it's something...


image.thumb.png.85e11b5a3fe754a84c58a788d72e0ae0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,870
[PVE]
Members
9,003 posts
25,340 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Kartoffel said:

WG will be adding consumables icons to the interface on Commander Skills that effect consumables in an upcoming patch.
Not exactly what you are asking about, but it's something...


image.thumb.png.85e11b5a3fe754a84c58a788d72e0ae0.png

Assuming you can hover over the consumables icon to see their values & how much they change (buffs/nerfs***) w/the skill selected/assigned (like other values when skills are selected/assigned)...that is exactly what I'm talking about in regards to consumables.

(***Just a note...1 nerf that is not shown in skills is the added nerf to the unselected side when priority sector skill is assigned. The 25% increase to the selected side comes at the price of 25% being taken from the unselected side...that nerf should be announced as the skill is just worded to say the buff happens w/out any downfall).

If you can't see the values the icon is at least a start.

As per upgrades...if upgrades options (& also the ability to set them) were viewable on skill's page also it would make it easier to decide which skills/upgrades jive best on each ship...but the consumables was the main thing I was interested in...as most upgrades are fairly standard for each ship type (plotting room options on US BBs being 1 of the BB oddities as an example).

Would be nice if upgrade options showed the values effected when selected (but before purchased) so you could compare them like you can the skills now...but...baby steps I guess. The skills getting that option was a big thumbs up of the rework anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,097
[WORX]
Members
14,298 posts
20,867 battles
20 hours ago, Big_Ape said:

Just out of curiosity how many of you use Mods and are they really worth getting.

Looking at the total DL of approved mods... I would say 3/4 of the population use mods... In the competitive level, %100 of players use them...

I use aslain.. Mainly for appearance or to give me more information for my math fix...

Its worth it to me but maybe for different reasons then you... One mod  I don't recommend you getting...

  • Match Maker Monitor...

Its a divisive tool. Dont use it, its hazardous for your health.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×