You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TopGear764

Brawl CVs

30 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
3,989 battles

I really want to like this game but its getting harder. I like the idea of the brawl and its a great mode but I just had a game against a CV and never saw him once. Never capped. all I did was tank damage as much as possible and it didnt matter because CVs in this game right now are crapand ruin the game. How the hell is that fair. The brawl mode is good but needs to be refined aka remove CVs from it until they find a way to balance this crap. Honestly [edited] you wargaming [edited] you, [edited] you, [edited] you, and [edited] YOU

PS. [edited] you

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[SGSS]
Members
6,309 posts
3 minutes ago, TopGear764 said:

I really want to like this game but its getting harder. I like the idea of the brawl and its a great mode but I just had a game against a CV and never saw him once. Never capped. all I did was tank damage as much as possible and it didnt matter because CVs in this game right now are crapand ruin the game. How the hell is that fair. The brawl mode is good but needs to be refined aka remove CVs from it until they find a way to balance this crap. Honestly [edited] you wargaming [edited] you, [edited] you, [edited] you, and [edited] YOU

PS. [edited] you

So all the games that CV lose??? Guess that does not matter?

CB cannot cap, they cannot find most DD with the DD turning on AA.

DD vs BB well that easy for DD.  DS never has to be spotted until it wants to.  Is that fair?

Its 1 v 1 means you have to fins a way to win.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF1]
Members
1,153 posts
2,229 battles
1 hour ago, TopGear764 said:

PS. [edited] you

This happens as well with radar cruiser vs DD....

[WPORT]
Members
11,651 posts
15,961 battles
1 hour ago, TopGear764 said:

PS. [edited] you

Let's see the replay.  :-)
I got sunk and did some sinking of a variety of DD's today with my Sanzang.  I wanna know if it was me you played against.  :-)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

DD vs BB well that easy for DD.  DS never has to be spotted until it wants to.  Is that fair?

This, there is no be all end all ship type for any mode but more so with this one. Since CV's are allowed you need to bring a ship with decent AA for the type, that is relatively stealthy, and that you can play well.

[RLGN]
Members
16,848 posts
29,524 battles
59 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Either because it’s difficult (but not completely impossible,) for them to cap; or they get effectively yolo charged and can’t deliver enough DPS before getting sunk.

Did you mean ‘off?’

It’s all fun and games until the DD comes around a corner to try a torp ambush, only to find a battleship with HE loaded, and its guns pointed right at the DD. :fish_viking:

This.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,095 posts
2,429 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

How many threads I have seen people saying that it easy to winning against CVs 

7 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

This happens as well with radar cruiser vs DD....

Or any ship that has hydro or radar :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by LastRemnant

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles

Imagine entering a mode where a ship type is allowed, and then encountering said ship type.  Oh no, the horror of it.  The whiners should use this as a learning experience, not a whine fest.   Failing to do so may be a diagnosis of the CV JEEBIES. Bad stuff man.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
11,651 posts
15,961 battles

Just had a CV on CV 1 vs. 1 brawl mode game.
Graf Zeppelin vs. August Von Parseval.
It was a brawl, too.
Secondary batteries blazing like age-of-sail broadsides while planes were trying to score hits through fighter-screens and flak barrages thicker than mosquitoes in <insert swampy place here> during the summertime!

Tagged for @Ahskance, who has been looking for some CV's to show up in brawls.  :-)

Spoiler

20210314_200316_PGSA518-Graf-Zeppelin_52_Britain.wowsreplay

No shaming.  It was a fun battle with a worthy adversary.  (Too bad I'm out of compliments for today, though.)

shot-21_03.14_20_08.48-0564.thumb.jpg.89cec4b3cb7e358f9c73b3ae2161c1bf.jpg

shot-21_03.14_20_08.38-0473.thumb.jpg.96db71c4d107503970b2a6c871a2ec90.jpg

shot-21_03.14_20_08.44-0969.thumb.jpg.e995dca45e9a132b74b97a18672a02c9.jpg
Yeah, I used some signal flags for training purposes.  :-)

[BONKS]
Members
3,164 posts
52 battles
23 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Which is inherently impossible against a CV since his skill determines whether you win or lose, not your own due to how CV mechanics are set up.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
9,042 battles
45 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Just had a CV on CV 1 vs. 1 brawl mode game.
Graf Zeppelin vs. August Von Parseval.
It was a brawl, too.
Secondary batteries blazing like age-of-sail broadsides while planes were trying to score hits through fighter-screens and flak barrages thicker than mosquitoes in <insert swampy place here> during the summertime!

Tagged for @Ahskance, who has been looking for some CV's to show up in brawls.  :-)

Hide contents

20210314_200316_PGSA518-Graf-Zeppelin_52_Britain.wowsreplay

No shaming.  It was a fun battle with a worthy adversary.  (Too bad I'm out of compliments for today, though.)

shot-21_03.14_20_08.48-0564.thumb.jpg.89cec4b3cb7e358f9c73b3ae2161c1bf.jpg

shot-21_03.14_20_08.38-0473.thumb.jpg.96db71c4d107503970b2a6c871a2ec90.jpg

shot-21_03.14_20_08.44-0969.thumb.jpg.e995dca45e9a132b74b97a18672a02c9.jpg
Yeah, I used some signal flags for training purposes.  :-)

I was wondering how the hell a GZ managed to win against the Parseval, but I've got my answer already.

• Funny 1

[_BDA_]
Members
661 posts
10,286 battles
20 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Which is inherently impossible against a CV since his skill determines whether you win or lose, not your own due to how CV mechanics are set up.

The same could reasonably be said about many pairings, the more experienced/skilled captain wins and the other goes back to port with their wheel house dragging.

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
9,042 battles
1 minute ago, michael_zahnle said:

The same could reasonably be said about many pairings, the more experienced/skilled captain wins and the other goes back to port with their wheel house dragging.

Not the same thing.

[SGSS]
Members
6,309 posts
41 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Cv lose but if you want to live in that world good luck.

Its beyond tired

Edited by jags_domain
  • Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
11,651 posts
15,961 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Even you lose planes to flak.  :-)

And, it must say a lot about my skill level to have had a number of my CV's sunk by worthy adversaries during these 1-vs.-1 brawls.
Or, it merely proves that it is possible, for whatever reason, to sink a ship.
Do one's best and never give up.  
We're having fun with pixel-'botes on virtual seas.  :Smile_izmena::Smile_veryhappy:

[BONKS]
Members
3,164 posts
52 battles
12 hours ago, michael_zahnle said:

Wrong. In any other match up your skill matters meaning the better player wins, whereas vs a CV only the skill of the CV matters regardless of your own skill. It's not the more experienced/skilled captain wins because your own skill plays no part in the equation, thus is not comparable at all.

12 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Cv lose but if you want to live in that world good luck.

Funny given that in the last 1vs1 I went almost completely undefeated and only lost one due to auto pilot bugging out.

And no, basically nothing in CV mechanics has changed since then.

10 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Even you lose planes to flak.  :-)

And, it must say a lot about my skill level to have had a number of my CV's sunk by worthy adversaries during these 1-vs.-1 brawls.

Rarely, and it practically never matters, so what is your point?

Indeed it does.

Given the amount of complaints that have popped up about CVs in 1vs1 I'd reckon the people who "have fun" in such a scenario are in the minority.

Edited by El2aZeR
  • Haha 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,571 battles

I never understood this immediate comparison of CV to DD.  You couldn't find 2 more unrelated ships if you tried. 

Give me any combination of engagements between the 3 main classes of ships and  I will come up with  a winning plan that has been worked out and tested somewhere across the thousands of battles that I have played. It always comes down to guns and torps. Any of the 3 main classes  have to expose themselves to fight and win against me.  

Now someone is going to  say that some DD player could stealth torp me.  Tell you what sunny. It hasn't happened and it doesn't happen me. I have played so much torp boat myself. I know what to do to cancel out his torpedoes.  For one stealth torping DDs in 1v1 don't have real stealth. You know they are there and in range for torps because they spot you. So you begin the good old game of WASD.   When the first set of torpedoes rolls by you can tell roughly where he is in relation to you,  even how far he is away by how far the torpedoes have spread out.  Each torp launch after that starts telling you his heading and gives you the chance to guess his intentions. 

Thats the thing  pure knowledge and skill gets you through a match against a DD when in a BB. 

The same simply does not apply vs CV.  Sure  I have beaten a couple of CVs now.  The difference is though that it wasn't due to skill though. It was simply due to the fact that I brought a ship which had enough HP, heals to tank through it and they weren't good enough to land the damage required.  CVs are boring they do not preset tests of skill. 

[_BDA_]
Members
661 posts
10,286 battles
6 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

whereas vs a CV only the skill of the CV matters regardless of your own skill. It's not the more experienced/skilled captain wins because your own skill plays no part in the equation, thus is not comparable at all.

Huh?

[ARS]
Members
156 posts
3,270 battles

I only had one brawl with a CV, I rushed him in my Massachusetts and won.

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
9,042 battles
23 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

Huh?

For those having a hard time understanding, he means that if you are in surface ship against another surface ship, the difference in skill between the two players will determine the outcome. The more skilled player wins. But if it is a "brawl" against a CV, only the skill of the CV matters. If it is bad player, you can win, but if it is a good player, he will win, whether you are a good or not.

Zoup posted a video in which a Baltimore couldn't do anything against the CV....and it was a terrible CV player, with bot like stats.

Edited by WarStore

[_BDA_]
Members
661 posts
10,286 battles
2 hours ago, WarStore said:

For those having a hard time understanding, he means that if you are in surface ship against another surface ship, the difference in skill between the two players will determine the outcome. The more skilled player wins. But if it is a "brawl" against a CV, only the skill of the CV matters. If it is bad player, you can win, but if it is a good player, he will win, whether you are a good or not.

Zoup posted a video in which a Baltimore couldn't do anything against the CV....and it was a terrible CV player, with bot like stats.

Oh I get that.  I was just a bit fazed by way he said it, implying that it was the skill of the CV not the CV's captain.

[BONKS]
Members
3,164 posts
52 battles
21 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

Oh I get that.  I was just a bit fazed by way he said it, implying that it was the skill of the CV not the CV's captain.

Ahhh, sorry, missed a word there.

[WPORT]
Members
11,651 posts
15,961 battles
7 hours ago, eviltane said:

I never understood this immediate comparison of CV to DD.  You couldn't find 2 more unrelated ships if you tried. 

Give me any combination of engagements between the 3 main classes of ships and  I will come up with  a winning plan that has been worked out and tested somewhere across the thousands of battles that I have played. It always comes down to guns and torps. Any of the 3 main classes  have to expose themselves to fight and win against me.  

Now someone is going to  say that some DD player could stealth torp me.  Tell you what sunny. It hasn't happened and it doesn't happen me. I have played so much torp boat myself. I know what to do to cancel out his torpedoes.  For one stealth torping DDs in 1v1 don't have real stealth. You know they are there and in range for torps because they spot you. So you begin the good old game of WASD.   When the first set of torpedoes rolls by you can tell roughly where he is in relation to you,  even how far he is away by how far the torpedoes have spread out.  Each torp launch after that starts telling you his heading and gives you the chance to guess his intentions. 

Thats the thing  pure knowledge and skill gets you through a match against a DD when in a BB. 

The same simply does not apply vs CV.  Sure  I have beaten a couple of CVs now.  The difference is though that it wasn't due to skill though. It was simply due to the fact that I brought a ship which had enough HP, heals to tank through it and they weren't good enough to land the damage required.  CVs are boring they do not preset tests of skill. 

I agree that the DD's torpedo wakes telegraph the launch position of the DD, and tracking subsequent launches helps a player refine their guesswork about the DD's position.
Using WASD and some intuition and perhaps some knowledge of DD's reload timing can help keep one afloat.

With CV's, the aircraft returning to the Aircraft Carrier (after performing a strike) telegraph the direction to the CV.
While the CV may, if they have the luxury of time, fly a non-direct path towards an intended target, the returning aircraft do not.
Track the returning planes and you'll find the CV.

From a CV's perspective, a DD with its' AA turned-off is the toughest target to spot (because of the detection radius and aerial spotting mechanics).

During 1 vs. 1 ranked sprint and the recent 1 vs. 1 brawl modes, I occasionally had to use "detection" notifications as a method of triangulation, in order to locate smart DD players.
Such smart players cost me time, which is a precious commodity in battle modes wherein the capture-zones flip quickly and points accumulate fast.

While you and I do not always see eye-to-eye on some issues, there are times when we find common ground or can share useful information.
Fair winds and following seas, @eviltane

• Cool 1

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
9,042 battles
22 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I agree that the DD's torpedo wakes telegraph the launch position of the DD, and tracking subsequent launches helps a player refine their guesswork about the DD's position.
Using WASD and some intuition and perhaps some knowledge of DD's reload timing can help keep one afloat.

With CV's, the aircraft returning to the Aircraft Carrier (after performing a strike) telegraph the direction to the CV.
While the CV may, if they have the luxury of time, fly a non-direct path towards an intended target, the returning aircraft do not.
Track the returning planes and you'll find the CV.

From a CV's perspective, a DD with its' AA turned-off is the toughest target to spot (because of the detection radius and aerial spotting mechanics).

During 1 vs. 1 ranked sprint and the recent 1 vs. 1 brawl modes, I occasionally had to use "detection" notifications as a method of triangulation, in order to locate smart DD players.
Such smart players cost me time, which is a precious commodity in battle modes wherein the capture-zones flip quickly and points accumulate fast.

While you and I do not always see eye-to-eye on some issues, there are times when we find common ground or can share useful information.
Fair winds and following seas, @eviltane

Using detection indicator and islands to locate a DD is best way indeed. It takes a bit longer, not much, but it is very effective. And once you find the DD, just drop a perma spotter above him. 

Another effective way is to look for DDs where the enemy CV places their fighters. They might think they are protecting their CVs, but they are only giving away their position.