Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YouSatInGum

WG, Brawls are great fun BUT

13 comments in this topic

[X-PN]
Members
2,105 posts
13,625 battles

rewards... oh my the rewards....

I understand for the length of the battles they used to be very good but now to get that small amount of coal at the end you gotta win 51 times....and even someone like me that has been winning 75% of time that's at least 65 battles, but for lots of players maybe many more.

...and along the way you might as well not use any decent camo or flags since these are your replacement rewards....

image.thumb.png.8d08aabf4a32ae56cb4f5ab66a6188dc.png

The overall trend of lowering rewards for time played across nearly all modes of play is starting to reach disturbing levels.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[KSC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,658 posts
14,379 battles
24 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

rewards... oh my the rewards....

I understand for the length of the battles they used to be very good but now to get that small amount of coal at the end you gotta win 51 times....and even someone like me that has been winning 75% of time that's at least 65 battles, but for lots of players maybe many more.

...and along the way you might as well not use any decent camo or flags since these are your replacement rewards....

image.thumb.png.8d08aabf4a32ae56cb4f5ab66a6188dc.png

The overall trend of lowering rewards for time played across nearly all modes of play is starting to reach disturbing levels.

The 50 wins had me laughing like mad while streaming.  5+ hours for 10k coal?  Bwahaha.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,363 battles

I'm not doing it for the rewards. They're fun to play, and good captain training (just a tad under 10K XP with flags), got to get those 21pts somehow. It's a nice break from Randoms, if I get the rewards that's just a bonus IMO.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,018 posts
46,903 battles

I hope my hand heals before it ends, so I can play again.

But Right now, I am not even close to a useable right hand. 

They are great for captain XP bosting for sure. rewards are peanuts. 

But if you got a 19 pointer, best to throw them in now while you can and damage farm ur opponent before you lose. 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,567 posts
13,017 battles

I was watching a streamer and the games are so short and most are so fast he did 28 games in no time didn't seem to hard and he had fun  . Pretty good for 10,00 coal ,  flags , captains and whatever else . The 51 games scare people but they go fast and it's some thing different I guess the real problem is boredom you see a lot of the same same ships . 

[PVE]
Members
9,038 posts
25,427 battles

Torp charge in a Kagero...longest battle so far 6 minutes (actually my 1st battle was much longer as I derped trying to outrun a BB & just cap ahead of him but got chased out by trying to avoid & lost cap control on 2 brothers for the defeat...after that chose the quick & easy method)...average battle about 4 minutes.

I do find it amazing how many BBs use AP when they know from the start of the battle that they're only opponent is a DD :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[HAI]
Members
378 posts

they need to make smarter MM. MM like Asashio vs. CL is just dumb.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,637 posts
19,737 battles
4 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

I look at it as an easy short-form battle mode that can be used to obtain a predictable amount of XP for your victories, with some incidental rewards thrown in along the way. Because it's 1v1, you're not waiting for a full battle to finish in order to take the same ship out again immediately if you die... and because it's not 1v1 Ranked, you don't have that "How long before I rank out?" pressure hanging over your head or an abrupt finish to your involvement BECAUSE you ranked out.

I ground out the majority of my Albemarle's B hull in this mode, but I didn't stay much longer than that because I had other ships that I wanted to work on at other tiers.

9 minutes ago, Qilang said:

they need to make smarter MM. MM like Asashio vs. CL is just dumb.

The problem isn't the matchmaking; the problem is the person who decides to bring an Asashio in the first place, knowing that his primary alpha-strike weapon system is useless against quite a large proportion of the ships he's going to face.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
11,625 posts
15,954 battles

1 versus 1 is my favorite battle mode.

I've been having fun and researching ships & modules and training a Commander.
The credits and XP for a win are just fine, and the occasional draw is still good, too.  Even a loss can be better than a co-op game for earning XP.

• Cool 1

[USN]
Members
100 posts
8,267 battles

For me, the reward has been the thrill of the battle. I wish 1v1 brawls were more commonly available. Maybe one week out of eight or so.

• Cool 1

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

I did them cause they were easy and fast games but I do agree, the reward is kind of small. Most people have tons of coal already so they could of made it a tad bit more interesting but they are still wroth doing for the XP and the easy credits. 

Sign in to follow this