You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Yet another case for ending the MMM tool. Let the teams play!

MM tool should be discontinued due to abuse.  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Should the MMM tool be discontinued or just ban the people who abuse it?

• Bad for the Game. Sucks the fun out of it with all the fragile people quitting before the match even starts.
    • GREAT tactical tool for planning but people who abuse it should be banned from the tool.
    • Just turn off chat and play selfishly.

89 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
3,005 posts

Since I play T-9  T-10 95% of the time I decided to play T-5 and T6 today.

I will ( try)  keep this short.

Less than 10 seconds after the match starts. The VERY first thing my team sees in chat.

"No chance of winning with this team"  ( I also see this in ALL chat telling the reds this ) 

The team played better that 90% of the teams I see everyday, they were amazing!  The opposite team was no easy cakewalk either, otherwise a great Match.  End result is below.

I have to be careful so the post doesn't get deleted  so you  will have to  guess which was the Insta - Whiner.

This is seen in chat ALL THE TIME!

What is wrong with people? 

How do people play sports or anything now?  If you know your win isn't 100% guaranteed you just don't show up??

Who else thinks this "tool" needs to go? I know adults use it for tactical information but mostly all we see/hear are the abusers.

MMBS1.png

MMBS2.png

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[TORCH]
Members
784 posts
20,280 battles

Honestly, I DO see it, but not that all often.  My response is, let 'em whine, and prove 'em wrong.  No point in banning MMM.  You do, these folks will just find another reason why they "know" the team can't win.  You know...the other team has more clan members...more ranked players...more people in divisions...pick your reason.

• Cool 5

Members
1,185 posts

Matchmaking Monitor, as far as I can tell, doesn't do statistics properly.  I think it just takes an arithmetic average of the player's win rates which is wrong and sophmorish.

I set my profile to private to troll the stats ragers.  Very few people who quote "stats" (can we just say "data" since there's basically zero analysis?) actually know anything whatsoever about statistics.  First of all, there's not even a confidence interval for Win Rate... and don't even get me started on PR.

The tool is wrong at best and misleading at worst, and I often have the same experience of winning with the "wrong" team.

Edited by n00bot
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[X-PN]
Members
2,086 posts
13,600 battles

I use MMM often.... but anybody who says I quite or play worse because I know the odds of my team winning are miniscule is..... rather insulting to me. 

In the past I have used to tool to run some analysis, and my conclusions are uncomfortable to some players and WG for sure.... but this use has nothing to do with any games played at the time.

Currently, my most common use is to see what kind of teammate I have next to me and what I can maybe expect of them.  For example I'm a DD to contest a cap and TM next to me is a DM.... is he likely to give a radar at a good time, will he give supporting fire, will he try to help but die very fast or will he hid behind a rock and give 0 fire support....OR my biggest peeve in the game... never even hit that radar button.  MMM doesn't tell me for sure, but I do get some info to form some expectations.

Now another potential use is the identification of good opponents to focus on.  The thing is, I've found in randoms it  usually makes little difference as the team usually just shoots at whoever they were going to shoot at anyway.  There are probably several reasons for this, but the bottom line is that for such a tactic to consistently work you need a setup more like CB with a team on voice comms.  In randoms, I rarely bother point out the opposing unicum....just not worth the trouble.

As for the MMM tools.... IMO if you don't like it, don't use it.  If you don't like me using it... well that's a rather slippery slope lined with glass houses.

• Cool 3

[TNG]
Members
561 posts
12,495 battles
12 minutes ago, n00bot said:

Matchmaking Monitor, as far as I can tell, doesn't do statistics properly.  I think it just takes an arithmetic average of the player's win rates which is wrong and sophmorish.

I set my profile to private to troll the stats ragers.  Very few people who quote "stats" (can we just say "data" since there's basically zero analysis?) actually know anything whatsoever about statistics.  First of all, there's not even a confidence interval for Win Rate... and don't even get me started on PR.

The tool is wrong at best and misleading at worst, and I often have the same experience of winning with the "wrong" team.

You can turn off simple averaging and turn on weighted averaging.  But since you're so mad at it, you wouldn't bother exploring that would you?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

Banned
1,684 posts

Who really cares?

I play for fun and enjoyment.

I hide my stats and have even more fun.

Win, Lose, It means nothing when your looking for advancement of exp. ,  even if it is less for a loss you still advance.

Those of you who look for the fun defined as winning are losing the fun and enjoyment of playing.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[TNG]
Members
561 posts
12,495 battles
3 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Those of you who look for the fun defined as winning are losing the fun and enjoyment of playing.

So you're saying that OUR kind of fun (winning games through skill and effort) is not a valid form of enjoyment?  The only enjoyment of playing is getting some XP and grinding another ship?

Amazing.  You're so right.  I guess we all should just play for your "version" of fun, and f*** all the rest of the people who find winning fun, they're just idiot snowflakes.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Banned
1,684 posts
1 minute ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

So you're saying that OUR kind of fun (winning games through skill and effort) is not a valid form of enjoyment?  The only enjoyment of playing is getting some XP and grinding another ship?

Amazing.  You're so right.  I guess we all should just play for your "version" of fun, and f*** all the rest of the people who find winning fun, they're just idiot snowflakes.

No I am saying play for the Love of the game.

• Cool 2

[TNG]
Members
561 posts
12,495 battles
1 minute ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

No I am saying play for the Love of the game.

YEAH!  Love of the game!  If you like winning you're DOING IT WRONG!  DAMN SNOWFLAKES!

See how stupid that sounds?  So does saying that "you should play for the love of the game."  Nah, I'd rather win games, thanks.  Only a loser says they don't care about winning.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts
Just now, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

YEAH!  Love of the game!  If you like winning you're DOING IT WRONG!  DAMN SNOWFLAKES!

See how stupid that sounds?  So does saying that "you should play for the love of the game."  Nah, I'd rather win games, thanks.  Only a loser says they don't care about winning.

have another drink

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Banned
1,684 posts

In every sport even the best lose. and still love playing

Members
691 posts
18,109 battles

I didn't vote for the poll, since I don't care for the options.

But honestly, about a quarter of randoms are over before a single ship moves. You just can't carry 8+ ships' worth of dead weight. The matchmaker is horrific, and without a constructive outlet to correct that, players do what they can: they vent.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,991 posts
21,853 battles
Just now, SKurj said:

have another drink

tenor.gif

[TNG]
Members
561 posts
12,495 battles
1 minute ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

In every sport even the best lose. and still love playing

Yes, even the best lose.  But they don't play to lose.  

WG seems to have some kind of additive to their games that attracts people who don't care about winning.  And it's rather irritating to run into those people.  Go play coop if you don't care about winning.

• Cool 1

Banned
1,684 posts

Yes, even the best lose.  But they don't play to lose.  

WG seems to have some kind of additive to their games that attracts people who don't care about winning.  And it's rather irritating to run into those people.  Go play coop if you don't care about winning.

I do and I have seen you there.

• Funny 1

[TNG]
Members
561 posts
12,495 battles
Just now, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

I do and I have seen you there.

Yep.  I go there to knock out boring missions on ships I don't like enough to play in randoms.  I certainly don't enjoy the boring gameplay in coop, as my 10K games in random vs 700 in coop will attest to 

Banned
1,684 posts

Yep.  I go there to knock out boring missions on ships I don't like enough to play in randoms.  I certainly don't enjoy the boring gameplay in coop, as my 10K games in random vs 700 in coop will attest to 

Boring Missions you wouldn't have a hope in hell in randoms advancement is the name of the game, bottom line.

[CYPHR]
3,991 posts
21,853 battles

You know....  some of you dont care about your win rates but sure get twisted up when someone uses it to try an educate you.

XVM in WOT  has the same issues  havent seen it banned yet.

how about just sucking it up and move on, half you probably would never know I have mm monitor running till some dunce goes and yolo's in the early minutes of the match and dies goes to chat and starts spouting off...  one example  starts with LT...........

My stats arent top tier, but hell if you have a 35% w/r and a 52 pr dont be in chat telling me I suck, then acting all shocked cuz I dropped your stats on you like an anvil from orbit.

However the tools can be adjusted, get rid of the overalls and go with  7/21 etc, those give a better measure of a persons performance and understanding no person can be proficient in every ship i prefer pr ship by ship then overall  that  helps me decide better if a person is improving or not.

Edited by xTheCanadianx
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

Members
956 posts
220 battles

Your post makes no sense.

First, you ask if Matchmatch should end, and then you complain that the chat got toxic.

What's the issue, MM or the chat?  If it's MM, then that is required to get into a team.  If it's chat, then turn it off.

:Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1

[CYPHR]
3,991 posts
21,853 battles
1 minute ago, Laser_Beam said:

First, you ask if Matchmatch should end, and then you complain that the chat got toxic.

What's the issue, MM or the chat?  If it's MM, then that is required to get into a team.  If it's chat, then turn it off.

your using logic.......................................................

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,388 posts
12,784 battles
2 minutes ago, Laser_Beam said:

He's short an M. (MMM).

Members
2,070 posts
12,862 battles
5 minutes ago, xTheCanadianx said:

XVM in WOT  has the same issues  havent seen it banned yet.

Few years back WOT added an anonymizer option that gives you a randomly generated name during the match so people can't look up your stats, it only shows your real name in the end screen results. A large portion of the player base seems to use the feature which makes XVM useless.

[MELON]
Members
979 posts
2,891 battles

A lot of friendly non toxic discussion happening here I see

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1