You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SurpriseMotherTrucker

Your thoughts on Ranked Season 2

21 comments in this topic

Members
670 posts
19,167 battles

I was just curious on your thoughts on Ranked Season 2 versus the Pilot Season? 

I'm not sure why Season 2 doesn't feel as fun for me compared the Pilot Season. Well I shouldn't say that, it's WR but I'm not sure why it's harder to maintain that in Season 2. In the Pilot Season I could do my DD things, play the objective and counter DD's. I would finish mid pack which is fine as I'm not a great player but I didn't feel like I have to try to carry so I just played careful. Season 2, many of my games I have to try to carry and finish top in may of my games, regardless or loss or win. 

Please don't think I'm complaining or looking for advise I just want your thoughts on what you liked or don't like between the Pilot Season and Season 2. 

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,013 posts

The ranked system is not fixed. They removed the old Ranked season and implemented the bronze silver and gold systems within the ranked.

The stars and the problems were made worse by the quals between the three metal levels.

In Season two sprints last two weeks instead of weekly and you get less rewards over that time period half what you would have gotten in season one each week. So the steel income is halved.

I reached gold in season one. There I found the atmosphere to be insufferable within Gold. It was not worth it. Get reported by the entire team when you sail out of compliance with the others. Who made them Boss over you in game? Its supposed to be a game.

Season two is worse in terms of win rate. For every win you lose probably 4 to 10 in a row. Someone has to lose. Hence the reason the star system is busted. Always will be.

I play to gather the steel in a day or two then sit and wait two weeks for a new sprint to begin and harvest that steel then.

The structure of the ranked is based on the old clan battles 7v7 system. And you have two teams full of random people trying to do something as a team. If they were not summarily sunk. Thats the other side of it. Ranked is 20 minutes long. 10 of that is ships avoiding detection by any means possible. The first team to lose a ship will lose another then another and another and poof lost. Next.

Im still at bronze. What I did in the past is wear the previous Ship Gold or Silver Camo inside bronze and confuse people. =)

If anything positive I say this. Ranked is organized in a way, better. Much better than a random today. I played a random yesterday and I was one of two ships still alive when we hit 1000. NOT a SINGLE RED SHIP was sunk. A complete and total absolute blow out. I was in the shima getting ready to sink three sniper Reds BB at the same time from 7km when the game ended. They had a moskva with them pulling local security in their own space. The RDF I was using was giving them bearing warning that they had a intruder behind them near their own back wall and closing on the detected carrier as well. I was ignored. It did not matter. So.. that will be the last random for a while.

Edited by xHeavy

[PVE]
Members
8,994 posts
25,340 battles
1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

The structure of the ranked is based on the old clan battles 7v7 system.

Do you mean Team Battles?

Because Ranked has always been 7 vs 7 (maybe not the 1st few seasons as I was too noob to even try them...but I believe they were also 7 vs 7) & was around way before CBs were introduced?

Team Battles were before my time in the game (so not sure what format they were...which is why I asked) but the 7 vs 7 in CBs would have to have been based on the 7 vs 7 of Ranked as opposed to the other way around.

Members
670 posts
19,167 battles
1 minute ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Team Battles were before my time in the game (so not sure what format they were...which is why I asked) but the 7 vs 7 in CBs would have to have been based on the 7 vs 7 of Ranked as opposed to the other way around.

Team battles was a bit more like the current Clan battles except you have to invite a Merc today - Team battles they were auto added from a Merc queue 

[BEA5T]
Members
5,489 posts
25,894 battles
2 hours ago, Pete_Darling said:

That's easy:  I'm not playing Ranked anytime soon. 

Members
670 posts
19,167 battles
1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

Season two is worse in terms of win rate. For every win you lose probably 4 to 10 in a row. Someone has to lose. Hence the reason the star system is busted. Always will be.

I agree but what is it that has caused such a balance turn between the seasons? You are correct, someone has to lose and I suppose it could be just bad luck, but what has changed to influence teams to just pitch their ships one by one while there is one guy trying to control the battle? I have had games we had it won in the first 7 minutes easy and we lose in the last 2. 

[WPORT]
Members
11,541 posts
15,861 battles
2 hours ago, Pete_Darling said:

Your thoughts on Ranked Season 2

By Pete_Darling,

I'm not sure why Season 2 doesn't feel as fun for me compared the Pilot Season. Well I shouldn't say that, it's WR but I'm not sure why it's harder to maintain that in Season 2. In the Pilot Season I could do my DD things, play the objective and counter DD's. I would finish mid pack which is fine as I'm not a great player but I didn't feel like I have to try to carry so I just played careful. Season 2, many of my games I have to try to carry and finish top in may of my games, regardless or loss or win. 

Please don't think I'm complaining or looking for advise I just want your thoughts on what you liked or don't like between the Pilot Season and Season 2. 

I prefer the 1 versus 1 brawls.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,013 posts
15 minutes ago, Pete_Darling said:

I agree but what is it that has caused such a balance turn between the seasons? You are correct, someone has to lose and I suppose it could be just bad luck, but what has changed to influence teams to just pitch their ships one by one while there is one guy trying to control the battle? I have had games we had it won in the first 7 minutes easy and we lose in the last 2. 

Usually I win games when my team is down to me and one or two others, ahead on points etc.

If we are already trashed in hitpoints from combat, we run off and hide. Let the points win. I know how long it takes a enemy team to come from behind based on time remaining and point clock accumulation. If there is even a chance we win by two reaching 1000 first, we will take off and vanish. They will still lose.

USUALLY in winning to throw away losing is due to people pushing ahead to sink someone one more time and run into a ambush where they themselves are sunk and hand them the game.

Edited by xHeavy

[WOLF6]
Members
958 posts

I've enjoyed playing , always liked the smaller teams . Just wish the rewards were better  , not enough difference in rewards between the three levels to justify qualifying IMO . So I'm just waiting to farm bronze again .

Members
670 posts
19,167 battles
7 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Usually I win games when my team is down to me and one or two others, ahead on points etc.

If we are already trashed in hitpoints from combat, we run off and hide. Let the points win.

USUALLY in winning to throw away losing is due to people pushing ahead to sink someone one more time and run into a ambush where they themselves are sunk and hand them the game.

And again agree - One of the most common things I see is, I take a cap and push a flank in my Jutland. My team says "Oh we can see them, we need to kill them" when all they needed to do is hold the caps and not push  

Edited by Pete_Darling

[PVE]
Members
8,994 posts
25,340 battles

WIN HARDER!!! :Smile_izmena:

• Haha 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,133 posts
13,586 battles

Extending the season and the number of stars has made it more grueling to rank out. You get more time to rank out, but the downside is that you have to spend a lot more time to rank out. There's not as much front-loaded break time but I don't plan to rank out of gold ever.

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
3 hours ago, Pete_Darling said:

Wished I had stayed in Bronze.

Like silver for the rewards but taking Roma was great fun.

Best part about it is rewards are awarded by wins and not ranks.

[PVE]
Members
8,994 posts
25,340 battles
2 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Wished I had stayed in Bronze.

Like silver for the rewards but taking Roma was great fun.

Best part about it is rewards are awarded by wins and not ranks.

There is an extra reward for reaching rank 1 (you can see it by hovering over the rank 1 icon...not on the rewards page but the other tab. That should be changed so that all of the possible rewards are viewable on the rewards page) that is worth it if you had a good enough win streak & aren't too far away from rank 1 after farming all of the wins...if just getting the wins was a back & forth process & you're far away from rank 1 it's probably not worth all that grinding though.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[PVE]
Members
8,994 posts
25,340 battles
1 hour ago, Pete_Darling said:

Team battles was a bit more like the current Clan battles except you have to invite a Merc today - Team battles they were auto added from a Merc queue 

Ah...Thanx for the clarification... was it 7 vs 7 format?

Members
670 posts
19,167 battles
12 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Ah...Thanx for the clarification... was it 7 vs 7 format?

Can't remember 100% but I think it was 9 v 9 - That was a long time ago 

[PVE]
Members
8,994 posts
25,340 battles

As per the OP...I went for silver the test season & found it a quick walk through the bronze & just went for the wins in silver w/out grinding out the rank 1 in silver.

Just gonna stick to bronze in the new season because I like the Kagero & can't go beyond bronze w/it... I'm also using it for brawls & only the occasional cruiser (unless I derp...which has happened quite a few times) has been any hassle...buti I'm still 50/50ish against cruisers too.

Only took on 1 CV so far & it was a laugh riot (but only because he had to try to push...because I had both caps...& made it easy to charge him)...those that don't know how to toggle their AA might have a problem but he only hit me once for a little amount of damage & that was after I was hard spotted by him as I was charging to his doom...

But I charge squadrons in brawls so they have zero time to line up a shot...no red teammates to worry about while being spotted.

Didn't even check to see if I shot down any planes...but I digress...this is a ranked not a brawls thread.

In ranked I don't have much problems w/a CV unless I'm in a knife fight that's going bad & need to disappear quickly...CVs haven't killed me directly but have caused my demise that way a few times in ranked.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
1,152 posts

difference between seasons..first one was filled with players knocking snowflakes off ships and didnt care if they won or not ..plus it was a test ....this season you might find players playing their favorite ship and sticking with that ship....

but i find sitting here for more than a week and not being able to play ranked battles because i qualified for the next league and have to wait till the reset... unacceptable to me ....they need to change that ..if you qualify you should be able to continue to play in the next league...and if you get reset then you do ....but the stoppage  just isnt good in my opinion

Members
1,654 posts

the new ranked seasons rocks, just keep adding more...'a la carte' for every customer, good...

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

There is an extra reward for reaching rank 1 (you can see it by hovering over the rank 1 icon...not on the rewards page but the other tab. That should be changed so that all of the possible rewards are viewable on the rewards page) that is worth it if you had a good enough win streak & aren't too far away from rank 1 after farming all of the wind...if just getting the wins was a back & forth process & you're far away from rank 1 it's probably not worth all that grinding though.

Never made it into rank 8 in Silver lol

Beta Testers
1,248 posts
16,238 battles

Be pretty clever if WG could actually put the end date(s) rather than an incorrect Season 2 ends May....

Bronze was K thx bye, Silver is full of 700 battle per season players and players who play ranked but are not there for the team (or) winning.