Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Doomviper

You killed CV's with the new commander skills!!!

27 comments in this topic

[MUG-T]
Members
9 posts
10,925 battles

Ever since the new commander skills came out every time I play my CV's my planes pretty much get shredded and I have a 19 point commander in both, American and German tier ten CV's, I just did a match on Midway in coop, and my planes got literally shredded, the only reason I got 7k damage was because I got a thunderer alone and even then it shredded 3 squadron's all but one plane. GREAT JOB KILLING CV"s. From running my battleships I have noticed it as well, from the battleship perspective it is awesome!! I shred CV planes now. So until you do something I guess I will park the CV"s and just shred planes on my battleships, very sad moment in warships, you killed CV's.

• Haha 6
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Members
1,614 posts
10,688 battles

image.png.ded73d1bcd03829c942dfe212b694756.png

Oh, so the smallest iota of resistance and suddenly CV are ruined. It's almost like you got to experience what 22 other players in a CV game get to experience.  :Smile_ohmy:

Edited by Vekta408
  • Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[WOLF6]
Members
959 posts

Waaaahhh , I can't grief people with my coward barge without losing planes , Waaahhh !

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,251 posts
22,540 battles

People are fighting back, oh noes!

• Cool 2

[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,993 posts
21,888 battles

I havent noticed a difference............I still happily rocket dd's

• Meh 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,567 posts
13,017 battles
25 minutes ago, Doomviper said:

very sad moment in warships, you killed CV's.

Uh no .

• Cool 1

[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,993 posts
21,888 battles
32 minutes ago, Doomviper said:

Ever since the new commander skills came out every time I play my CV's my planes pretty much get shredded and I have a 19 point commander in both, American and German tier ten CV's, I just did a match on Midway in coop, and my planes got literally shredded, the only reason I got 7k damage was because I got a thunderer alone and even then it shredded 3 squadron's all but one plane. GREAT JOB KILLING CV"s. From running my battleships I have noticed it as well, from the battleship perspective it is awesome!! I shred CV planes now. So until you do something I guess I will park the CV"s and just shred planes on my battleships, very sad moment in warships, you killed CV's.

Thunder has def AA...

it's gonna shred planes,  My Vermont literally lays out hotdog buns for the plane fuselage's and drapes them with mustard.  again cuz it has def AA

America Bb's mostly are AA BB's attacking them with planes isnt smart.

The skills have zero to do with your target choice.

Edited by xTheCanadianx
  • Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
11,627 posts
15,954 battles

You have a Midway?

I'm reminded of a movie quote.

Lothos : [to Amilyn]  Honestly, I don't know how you made it through the Crusades.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103893/

[CVA16]
Members
6,858 posts
21,047 battles

Seems like there are a number of CV skills to make your planes more survivable but  the AA skills for everybody else are lackluster and now compete (instead of combine) with much more valuable skills. The AA threat should have declined after the rebork.

Edited by Sabot_100

[CVA16]
Members
6,858 posts
21,047 battles
44 minutes ago, Doomviper said:

very sad moment in warships, you killed CV's.

If only...

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
1,190 posts
9,693 battles

I can honestly say you're not doing something right mate. The average player does very well in CVs.

• Cool 1

[USN]
Members
1,750 posts
22,014 battles
1 hour ago, Doomviper said:

Oh wow, we have found the only CV captain in WoWs who cannot dodge flak and is so bad at the game even playing the spoiled children class can’t save him. Please be the enemy CV in all my CV games please so I can still have fun

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
9,243 posts
13,933 battles
2 hours ago, Doomviper said:

63f.jpg

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Coop matches are usually too short for midway to do much and her slow planes further handicap damage output. I just played one in my midway and even without playing carefully with planes, I lost a grand total of 8 planes. Those puffs of flak are easily dodged and terrain can be used to mask your approach on many maps.

Edited by RipNuN2

Members
67 posts
7,140 battles

CVs got stronger with rework. I would know, I play the damn class. I haven't had much problems dropping single or double targets, unless the double target had 2 ships with tons of flak/continuous, in which case you should be avoiding that anyway.

Sounds to me less like rework and more like poor target selection.

• Cool 1

[KSC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,658 posts
14,379 battles
3 hours ago, Doomviper said:

It's less likely a result of the Commander Rework.  The skills added about +10% and +25% to AA, which isn't the difference between normal play and obliteration.

You're probably feeling the reworked Flak prediction which was added in this (or the previous?) patch.  It's much more consistent than it used to be.

[KSC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,658 posts
14,379 battles
3 hours ago, Doomviper said:

I just did a match on Midway in coop

Yeah, this is worth noting.  Bots don't use Commander Skills.

It's probably just the Flak?  Still though, Coop Bots tend to spawn together and stay together, so the AA overlap can be surprising at times.

[RLGN]
Members
16,841 posts
29,512 battles
4 hours ago, Lert said:

People are fighting back, oh noes!

But... but carriers are invincible! They never lose planes and slaughter eveyone and everything!

I may not have much sympathy for carrier haters, but neither do I for this sort of complaint.

Planes die like flies if you can’t or don’t dodge AA puffs. The skill rework has nothing to do with that.

Members
133 posts
12,770 battles

Chief you might want to consider that it isn't the Commander Skills that are your problem.

Because trust me, they aren't.

Carriers are just as strong now, and Midway is just as strong, if not stronger than BEFORE the rework with the skills that influence Bomber performance. 

[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
890 posts
6,999 battles

CVs are perfectly fine with the commander skill change 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,640 posts
19,737 battles
20 hours ago, Doomviper said:

I just did a match on Midway in coop, and my planes got literally shredded

Bot AA in particular tends to roll good RNG for the :ship: firing at your planes. Bots play with loaded dice.

Also:

Congratulations on finding out that a Tier 10 carrier is not an invincible death hammer. Pro-CV though I am, I'm not going to throw a pity party for you. 

Sign in to follow this