You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Bacchous

You know what would be cool?

33 comments in this topic

Members
41 posts
2,866 battles

I think it would be cool if we could combine WOT/WOW and WOP.  Have victories based on land, air and sea battles.  Ships could pound onshore targets to support the tanks.  Who could take over AA positions to support their air power and boats.

Make the maps bigger, and allow all three types of vehicles... in the match.

What do you all think?  I think it sounds like a lot of fun.  Imagine that plane buzzing your ship is a real person not just a CV controlled pixel...  or being shot by a Tiger II in your DD for camping a shore line...

• Meh 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts

no .. it doesn't work over in that other game either

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Bacchous said:

I think it would be cool if we could combine WOT/WOW and WOP.  Have victories based on land, air and sea battles.  Ships could pound onshore targets to support the tanks.  Who could take over AA positions to support their air power and boats.

What do you all think?  I think it sounds like a lot of fun.  Imagine that plane buzzing your ship is a real person not just a CV controlled pixel...  or being shot by a Tiger II in your DD for camping a shore line...

That was the plan a million years ago.

I thought it would be cool if a team could capture an airfield then aircraft would attack the other team.

The airfields are all ready there.

• Cool 1

Members
41 posts
2,866 battles
Just now, jags_domain said:

I thought it would be cool if a team could capture an airfield then aircraft would attack the other team.

The airfields are all ready there.

Ahhh, that is cool.  I didn't know that. 

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
16 minutes ago, Admiral_Bacchous said:

Ahhh, that is cool.  I didn't know that. 

Not sure how or why [game that cannot be talked about i guess] got there first.

Edited by jags_domain

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts

i'd love a persistent map, for warships only...  including base cap... picture naval action but world of warships era...

• Cool 1

Members
41 posts
2,866 battles
17 minutes ago, SKurj said:

no .. it doesn't work over in that other game either

Doesn't work now.  Doesn't mean it can't.  I'd still give it a try if there was an earnest try and a good game. 

[1-]
Beta Testers
97 posts
10,080 battles

as much as we love CVs you think adding planes from an airfield would be popular?

• Funny 1

Members
41 posts
2,866 battles
3 minutes ago, Oldsarge_1 said:

as much as we love CVs you think adding planes from an airfield would be popular?

Things would have to change.  And yeah, currently that's be a huge downside for me.  But there is a lot of freedom to change (fix) things in a "new" game. 

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
1 minute ago, Oldsarge_1 said:

Dont care really what popular ir not.  WG probably thinks so as well because people here complaining about getting free stuff.

CV hater is ranting about planes while saying his Caesar Salad cannot be moved to t6 because they demand it.  While wanting to ban something. 

I want to experience different things.  I would love a random map generator. Planes from airfield would be different.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[VAST_]
Members
290 posts
7,225 battles

A nice dream game for sure. But WG would forque up even a wet dream.

[SIM]
Members
5,906 posts
9,414 battles

Trying to combine all three elements into a single game mode is functionally a terrible idea. While planes work for both land and sea battles, tanks and warships have no real synergy with one another. You’d be better off with some sort of combined-clan mechanic, where each clan’s contribution in their respective game benefits every clan in their tripartite alliance. 

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,023 posts
10,383 battles
50 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Yeah, but they dropped it even before dropping plans to have unified premium currency.

[GOB]
Members
3,005 posts

There WAS a game like that ( minus ships )  in the 90's  It was EPIC!!!!

Every plane , truck , tank, and infantry were individuals fighting as teammates.

Maps were HUGE

My Favorite was piloting a B17 fully loaded with gunners, we called it a DEATHSTAR.

6 people on ONE plane.

You had to load up,  take off, do the bombing mission AND make it back to base to LAND to get full credit and go again.

That would NEVER work now.

People refuse to work together.

They were RANDOM teams and solid as a Rock almost every game.

Now people want pow pow 5 minutes or less.. 100%  wins and respawn in 30 seconds  & repeat.

My how times have changed.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[BEA5T]
Members
5,489 posts
25,894 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Bacchous said:

Neat idea........but, our host can't even afford new content.....  Heck, they've written off this game in favor of WoTs........that's what it appears to be.  If they can't afford to create new content, how in the world could they create a multi-platform expanded mode of play????  And, to what end? 

Neat idea though........

[RLGN]
Members
16,809 posts
29,422 battles
1 hour ago, Oldsarge_1 said:

Thing is, nobody could complain about the ‘airport’ hiding.

I would actually go for that, as long as I had direct aiming control of the costal defense batteries.

2-Mortars-Ft-Wright.jpg
Seacoast-Battery.jpg

Fort_Drum_DN-SN-83-09891.JPEG

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
1 hour ago, vak_ said:

Yeah, but they dropped it even before dropping plans to have unified premium currency.

I am not sure what it would even add

Edited by jags_domain

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
12 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Thing is, nobody could complain about the ‘airport’ hiding.

I would actually go for that, as long as I had direct aiming control of the costal defense batteries.

2-Mortars-Ft-Wright.jpg
Seacoast-Battery.jpg

Fort_Drum_DN-SN-83-09891.JPEG

Italy be sad but I would actually be the 1 that would like that.  

My planes would strike whom ever is the red team.

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
16,511 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

There WAS a game like that ( minus ships )  in the 90's  It was EPIC!!!!

Every plane , truck , tank, and infantry were individuals fighting as teammates.

Maps were HUGE

My Favorite was piloting a B17 fully loaded with gunners, we called it a DEATHSTAR.

6 people on ONE plane.

You had to load up,  take off, do the bombing mission AND make it back to base to LAND to get full credit and go again.

That would NEVER work now.

People refuse to work together.

They were RANDOM teams and solid as a Rock almost every game.

Now people want pow pow 5 minutes or less.. 100%  wins and respawn in 30 seconds  & repeat.

My how times have changed.

Air Warrior!  Buddy and I were just talking about this game a couple of days ago...lots of fun!  AA tanks were fun but you died quick, don't forget capturing with Paratroops...   One game that worked pretty well was 1942!  Planes, tanks, soldiers and ships...all had a job to do and all fun.

• Cool 1

Members
41 posts
2,866 battles
28 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

Air Warrior!  Buddy and I were just talking about this game a couple of days ago...lots of fun!  AA tanks were fun but you died quick, don't forget capturing with Paratroops...   One game that worked pretty well was 1942!  Planes, tanks, soldiers and ships...all had a job to do and all fun.

I remember 1942.  I am pretty sure I had that game at least once over the years.  So many games back in the early and mid 90's that just seem to have faded off into the chaos realm never to be heard from again.  Some great games too...

[SR-_-]
Members
5,018 posts
46,796 battles
2 hours ago, Oldsarge_1 said:

Me in an A-10 would be a nightmare. Of course, go WW2 and it would be me in a P-38 or P-47. Still, having 11 Tigers come over a hill only to be bombarded by the Texas would be hilarious. Tanks players hate Arty. Add naval arty and they will cry. 

Imagine a Tanks streamer calling in a Naval battery Strike and a certain Texas player is just moping about and goes, sure, okay. 

*uses a teammate DD as a shooting rest and "Blam!"

The Streamer watches an entire tank squad get shaked and baked until deleted. Yeah, "Texas, OP!"

Indeed, Texas sure is.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
11,541 posts
15,861 battles
3 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Me in an A-10 would be a nightmare. Of course, go WW2 and it would be me in a P-38 or P-47. Still, having 11 Tigers come over a hill only to be bombarded by the Texas would be hilarious. Tanks players hate Arty. Add naval arty and they will cry. 

Imagine a Tanks streamer calling in a Naval battery Strike and a certain Texas player is just moping about and goes, sure, okay. 

*uses a teammate DD as a shooting rest and "Blam!"

The Streamer watches an entire tank squad get shaked and baked until deleted. Yeah, "Texas, OP!"

Indeed, Texas sure is.

:Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLF7]
Members
1,050 posts
3 hours ago, Admiral_Bacchous said:

I remember 1942.  I am pretty sure I had that game at least once over the years.  So many games back in the early and mid 90's that just seem to have faded off into the chaos realm never to be heard from again.  Some great games too...

Put a lot of quarters in one of these once upon a time. There was one up at the local convenience store.

1942 mame arcade machine for sale

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
9,229 posts
13,912 battles
7 hours ago, Admiral_Bacchous said:

I think it would be cool if we could combine WOT/WOW and WOP

they already combined Warships and Warplanes with the CV Rework, i honestly cant imagine how tanks could be worked into this, i think warships firing into a tank battle would do more harm than good for both teams in the tanks

• Cool 1

Members
4,268 posts
15,112 battles

Theyd never be able to balance them in a manner acceptable to the playerbase.

Particularly since the playerbases are already separated in established games.

It would have to be a whole new game.

• Cool 1